CNH Employee Reviews in United States

Revolving door, ups and downs with the AG industry
Welder Robotic (Former Employee) –  New Holland, PAJune 10, 2016
Used to be a great place to work according to the lifers in the plant who always spoke of the Sperry New Holland / Ford New Holland days.
Now the company is in the grip of the Fiat group and has gone though several internal and external changes though out the AG group.

Hired as a temp. it was the "only" way to get hired full time.
Later company started hiring direct through PA. Careerlink Job Service, bypassing all the currently working temp. workers

Gave them my notice two weeks later, and the simpletons had the nerve to ask why I was quitting.
Pros
Discounts on company equipment, salary and benifits for full time employees
Cons
Working as a temp. layoffs
Toxic environment and poor / weak management
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita - KSJune 2, 2015
I enjoyed the technical aspects of the job but was inundated with a lot of (some frivolous) collateral responsibilities. Management is very heavy handed. It was not uncommon for employees to have their job threatened and be thrown under the bus. Salaried professionals were not treated like salaried professionals. Yearly reviews and achievement of goals were very subjective and used against the employees. I didn't trust my department manager any farther than I could throw him. The only way to survive in my department was to hold a key position or join the manager's clique. I honestly arrived at the point where I didn't care, dreaded going to work and felt it would be a blessing if they just fired me. It was time to leave and I'm so glad I did.
Pros
Technical aspects of the job.
Cons
Lack of loyalty, poor / weak management, heavy handed management.
Long, hard days with very little satisfaction.
WMS Team (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INAugust 27, 2015
You have to go in early in the morning and do the same thing over and over. It was a very unsafe place to work and the management didn't care to take the steps to make it safer. They wouldn't enforce any of the rules.
Pros
Worked with fun people
Cons
charged you for smoking, no job security, unsafe
Unpleasant working environment
Logistics Tugger/Forklift (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 1, 2016
Very little regard for their employees, which could be because they do not respect the Union. The wage is minimal for the type of work that you do. You never know if you will be working from one weekend to the next which takes away from family. The management are not quality people and need lessons on how to run a business.
Very bad selfish manager and senior
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMarch 6, 2015
I worked this company. I think the manager and upper manager just want to kee their job secure and do not respect any engineer' job. No promotion and salary raise. Mangers and directors do not encourage hard work. They do not care about the company. They are just too selfish to keep their position and flatter the upper management. Always criticize the engieer's work and they think it will secure their job which is ridiculous.
Pros
bad manangers and directors
Good Company - Nice benefit program
Parts & Service Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New EnglandOctober 7, 2015
Biggest issue is career development. The company takes good care of it's people but the path to move up in the company has been challenging from a field position.
Pros
Education
Cons
Mobility
Great team environment
autobag (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be to go to my station in autobag, grab an order of parts, type in their information into the computer, and bag each individual part at a fast pase.
Pros
able to leave for lunch
Cons
12 hour shifts
productive
forklift driver (Current Employee) –  RacFebruary 4, 2016
I have learned alot at this company, i learned that i have the freedom to change my job to work for me, i have learned how to successfully multi task, I have learned how to order parts, i have learned how to be an pool man, in which you have to know all the jobs on the line so you know what those jobs need on a daily basis.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short first break
enjoyable work place
assembler/builder/packer (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 26, 2016
a meeting for five min. start at 6 break at nine lunch at noon day over at 2 30 was laid off great people axle line push a unit to area test the unit if passes push to next station
Fast paced work days
Picker/Packer Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJanuary 24, 2015
This job was a very busy job. While I picked using the cherry picker, it was important that detail was a priority. It was important that we get the customers orders done that day. There were often times we had to work 12 hour shifts to insure we get it done. the training process was very detailed and helpful. Overall, this was a good environment to work in.
Pros
promotions, overtime, good management, forklift certification
Cons
no benifits, people quit often leaving us short handed
great
Seal Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INMay 14, 2016
It was a really fast paced reliable job. I loved the work and the pay. The supervisors were amazing. I sealed and packed the product. Ten hour day and four days a week
Love the idea of riding all equipment pulling orders an doing it in a timely fashion.
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Doraville GaJune 9, 2015
A typical day at the office starts at 7;30 when we do our morning stretches. Getting loose an alert is one thing that was a must do for us at starting a shift. Checking equipment was always second, because no one wanted any injuries to occur in the work place.Management took pride in helping you in any way they could at making you job as easy as possible. The co-workers always chipped in when another needed a helping hand, with no problem. The hardest part about my job was leaving at the end of the day, when you've had so much fun with your co-workers an the teamwork that they share.
Under managed
Inbound Receive Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJuly 22, 2014
I worked as a temp for well over a year at CNH and there was little opportunity for advancement. It is a very unclean environment with poor management. They did not recognize associates and did not allow them to prove their work ethic. The hours were reasonable but the health benefits were way too expensive and offered little coverage. They pay was not worth the amount of work that was required from the employees and if any health issues were to occur while working there they would let the associate go do to their no fault policy..
Pros
reasonable hours
Cons
low pay, poor benifits, bad management
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 12, 2016
I worked here for 9 years, it was a great company to work for. I loved my co-workers and the work I did. It was a shame the business division had to close.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Divison closed
Good company to work for
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 21, 2015
I believe CNH is a good company to work for. The benefits are very good. Pay is good. No raises. Normally 8 hour work day with hour lunch.
Great Benefits and overall pay was ok.
Inbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INAugust 15, 2014
Upper management is actually in the toilet. Not a good place for women or men of color to work. Office politics make it hard for us to compete for advancement positions. Need a complete overhaul of upper management and HR.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
poor upper management. poor training for managment.
Poorly Managed
Floor Packer (Former Employee) –  lebanon, inJune 11, 2015
Management on every level is both poor and lazy. Equipment is poorly maintained, training is virtually non-existent, and mandatory overtime can be given with little to no notice. Good luck to temps actually getting hired on full time as well. Some have been there over a year and work super hard. The place is highly understaffed and new temps hardly ever stay as the environment is toxic.
They pay you to listen not to think.
Welder (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 7, 2013
I liken working at Case to living in the old Soviet Union. Everyone knows what we should do but we can't because the micromanaging plant manager says no. The human resource department is clueless and if anything antiproductive. The work itself is fine and the pay is good so if you can find a quiet corner to work in or if you can work an off shift you can do well. If you come into frequent contact with one of the scapegoat production managers prepare to be confused. The would be fired if they spoke the truth, so they drink the kool-aid and we continue to ignore problems and pretend we are world class.
Pros
good pay 401k
Cons
mandatory overtime, layoffs, sent home when parts are delayed
The worse place I have ever worked
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILOctober 20, 2012
Management is completely awful. It relies on intimidation tactics as a sort of management tool, that they expect this will work - long term. The corporate culture is unhealthy, and I have seen no signs that a healthy atmosphere could ever flourish - and this is corporate wide. Instead of training and positively encouraging a healthy atmosphere, managers use intimidation to beat down your esteem - no one can work under these conditions for long. There is a constant revolving door of engineers and buyers coming in and out because they are leaving at an extremely alarming rate. In one period last summer, 7 people left in 5 weeks that I directly work with, and every March, dozens of people leave after they receive their bonuses. I would not send my arch enemy to work for this company. Human Resources is run by these same principles, so if there is any conflict, you are completely on your own.
Pros
none.
Cons
negative leadership behavior is rewarded. if i could rate with negative stars, i would.
Disfunction and stress
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 29, 2013
CNH is a mix of ok with some serious lows. If you are salaried, you can forget raises. CNH policy is to state employees are the most valuable asset but then hypocritically not give anyone raises. State they are a meritocracy and pay for performance, yet hypocritically are judged using a forced distribution that has no discernable tie to your actual performance as the reviews are done in mid to late September when you haven't had time to accomplish anything yet. You can advance, but it is all about connections and not performance. Pay is decent, but don't forget the no raise part. Systems are a horrible mix of antiques that needed replacing 15 years ago. Very european centric meaning the europeans are considered superior over the lowly Americans even though North America smokes them in pretty much every business metric.
Lowdown is if you need a job, go for it. Then after 2 years, start looking elsewhere if you want a raise or recognition.
Pros
pay is decent + benefits
Cons
no raises, high stress, compensation and review systems are horrid