CNH Employee Reviews

Revolving door, ups and downs with the AG industry
Welder Robotic (Former Employee) –  New Holland, PAJune 10, 2016
Used to be a great place to work according to the lifers in the plant who always spoke of the Sperry New Holland / Ford New Holland days.
Now the company is in the grip of the Fiat group and has gone though several internal and external changes though out the AG group.

Hired as a temp. it was the "only" way to get hired full time.
Later company started hiring direct through PA. Careerlink Job Service, bypassing all the currently working temp. workers

Gave them my notice two weeks later, and the simpletons had the nerve to ask why I was quitting.
Pros
Discounts on company equipment, salary and benifits for full time employees
Cons
Working as a temp. layoffs
Construction, and farming equipment
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 7, 2016
Fun to work with! People all down to earth, and always welling to help you out.
Was trained and had the experience of learning about farming equipment, and climb on them and start up the engines.
Great opportunity to learn something new.

I would still be there if the economy had not crashed in 2008.
Pros
Opportunity to learn about the machinery.
Cons
Economy crashed.
Good experience in tractor field. worked with great fellow employees.
Assembly Line/QA Assurance (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 15, 2016
Fast pace work. Worked as a team. Enjoyed working with the company. Learned a lot about assembly of the tractor. My fellow employees co workers we worked as a team. I was in inspection and quality assurance. I enjoyed working there.
Unpleasant working environment
Logistics Tugger/Forklift (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 1, 2016
Very little regard for their employees, which could be because they do not respect the Union. The wage is minimal for the type of work that you do. You never know if you will be working from one weekend to the next which takes away from family. The management are not quality people and need lessons on how to run a business.
fast paced and easy to learn
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INNovember 7, 2016
I enjoyed Work there for 3 years. I liked the people I worked with. I learned a lot while I was there. When I worked there the managers were great to work with.
Under managed
Inbound Receive Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJuly 22, 2014
I worked as a temp for well over a year at CNH and there was little opportunity for advancement. It is a very unclean environment with poor management. They did not recognize associates and did not allow them to prove their work ethic. The hours were reasonable but the health benefits were way too expensive and offered little coverage. They pay was not worth the amount of work that was required from the employees and if any health issues were to occur while working there they would let the associate go do to their no fault policy..
Pros
reasonable hours
Cons
low pay, poor benifits, bad management
They pay you to listen not to think.
Welder (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 7, 2013
I liken working at Case to living in the old Soviet Union. Everyone knows what we should do but we can't because the micromanaging plant manager says no. The human resource department is clueless and if anything antiproductive. The work itself is fine and the pay is good so if you can find a quiet corner to work in or if you can work an off shift you can do well. If you come into frequent contact with one of the scapegoat production managers prepare to be confused. The would be fired if they spoke the truth, so they drink the kool-aid and we continue to ignore problems and pretend we are world class.
Pros
good pay 401k
Cons
mandatory overtime, layoffs, sent home when parts are delayed
Very bad selfish manager and senior
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMarch 6, 2015
I worked this company. I think the manager and upper manager just want to kee their job secure and do not respect any engineer' job. No promotion and salary raise. Mangers and directors do not encourage hard work. They do not care about the company. They are just too selfish to keep their position and flatter the upper management. Always criticize the engieer's work and they think it will secure their job which is ridiculous.
Pros
Bad manangers and directors
Fast paced work days
Picker/Packer Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJanuary 24, 2015
This job was a very busy job. While I picked using the cherry picker, it was important that detail was a priority. It was important that we get the customers orders done that day. There were often times we had to work 12 hour shifts to insure we get it done. the training process was very detailed and helpful. Overall, this was a good environment to work in.
Pros
promotions, overtime, good management, forklift certification
Cons
no benifits, people quit often leaving us short handed
Disfunction and stress
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 29, 2013
CNH is a mix of ok with some serious lows. If you are salaried, you can forget raises. CNH policy is to state employees are the most valuable asset but then hypocritically not give anyone raises. State they are a meritocracy and pay for performance, yet hypocritically are judged using a forced distribution that has no discernable tie to your actual performance as the reviews are done in mid to late September when you haven't had time to accomplish anything yet. You can advance, but it is all about connections and not performance. Pay is decent, but don't forget the no raise part. Systems are a horrible mix of antiques that needed replacing 15 years ago. Very european centric meaning the europeans are considered superior over the lowly Americans even though North America smokes them in pretty much every business metric.
Lowdown is if you need a job, go for it. Then after 2 years, start looking elsewhere if you want a raise or recognition.
Pros
pay is decent + benefits
Cons
no raises, high stress, compensation and review systems are horrid
Busy with a lot of responsibility
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 22, 2014
A typical day would consist of supervising over 15-20 employees per shift. Receiving orders by phone, email, WMS. Filling out the orders. Instructing employees. I've learned how to run inventory, inbound and outbound. Along with how to run a hoist. Scheduling on weekends and making adjustments with that. I am the only manager on my shift which can make it difficult to instruct everyone at the same time but it is also the fun part about my job because I can place employees according to their strengths. The most enjoyable part about my job is who I work with. I like working with the employees.
Pros
Running the show, people I work with
Cons
Benefits, hours
Great team environment
autobag (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAMay 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be to go to my station in autobag, grab an order of parts, type in their information into the computer, and bag each individual part at a fast pase.
Pros
able to leave for lunch
Cons
12 hour shifts
Very toxic environment.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILOctober 28, 2012
Not an environment which is conducive to productivity. The challenge here is to determine how you're going to make ends meet year over year when the salary remains the same. Motto: WE ARE A MERITOCRACY". Promises of bonuses are made, however it is not dependent on individual contributions, but whether you're Italian (Fiat-owned) or not. Two distinct policies for US and non-US employees. Mediocre is the norm. Originality, creativity, process improvement, and the hiring of experienced professional is strongly discouraged.
Pros
location
Cons
everything, excluding location.
great
Seal Operator (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INMay 14, 2016
It was a really fast paced reliable job. I loved the work and the pay. The supervisors were amazing. I sealed and packed the product. Ten hour day and four days a week
Great Benefits and overall pay was ok.
Inbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INAugust 15, 2014
Upper management is actually in the toilet. Not a good place for women or men of color to work. Office politics make it hard for us to compete for advancement positions. Need a complete overhaul of upper management and HR.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Poor upper management. Poor training for managment.
enjoyable work place
assembler/builder/packer (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 26, 2016
a meeting for five min. start at 6 break at nine lunch at noon day over at 2 30 was laid off great people axle line push a unit to area test the unit if passes push to next station
Good company to work for
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILMay 21, 2015
I believe CNH is a good company to work for. The benefits are very good. Pay is good. No raises. Normally 8 hour work day with hour lunch.
stressful unpredictable environment
Outbound Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INApril 14, 2014
The day starts at 6:30 a.m. and can end anywhere between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. I would go into work and not have a clue what time I was going to be off. The week usually consisted of anywhere from 40-60+ hours. The job itself was easy. It consisted of driving various picking equipment to fill customer orders. Once the orders were picked they would then be packed for shipment.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
unpredictable hours, stressful
great place to work
Mechanical assembler (Former Employee) –  Goodfield, ILJanuary 22, 2015
world class equipment, safety standards are high, pay and benefits excellent, co-workers and management great to work with. Benefit in seeing your hard work pay off by seeing a great product, that customers around the world love.
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
hard physical labor
Toxic environment and poor / weak management
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wichita - KSJune 2, 2015
I enjoyed the technical aspects of the job but was inundated with a lot of (some frivolous) collateral responsibilities. Management is very heavy handed. It was not uncommon for employees to have their job threatened and be thrown under the bus. Salaried professionals were not treated like salaried professionals. Yearly reviews and achievement of goals were very subjective and used against the employees. I didn't trust my department manager any farther than I could throw him. The only way to survive in my department was to hold a key position or join the manager's clique. I honestly arrived at the point where I didn't care, dreaded going to work and felt it would be a blessing if they just fired me. It was time to leave and I'm so glad I did.
Pros
Technical aspects of the job.
Cons
Lack of loyalty, poor / weak management, heavy handed management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CNH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9