CNO Financial Group Employee Reviews

Steer Clear
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 24, 2017
I work in the contact center and hate it! Adherence is unattainable, unrealistic, and too strict. Management is a joke and so fake, pretending to care but really don't. Way too number driven and look at their employees as replaceable rather than valued. They couldn't care less about you being stressed so long as you do your job. They're all over the place with hardly any organization and the rules change day to day so be careful. I wouldn't suggest this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Hour long lunch breaks to get away from that sweat shop
Cons
Management and lack of efficient training
One of the best places to work!
Policy Holder Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 10, 2017
I am a current employee at CNO Financial and absolutely love my job! You are looked at as an individual and not just a number that they use to get results. Every person in management truly cares about you and their goal is to help you succeed. Even the managers that are higher up want to know who you are and care. I have never worked for a company where the VP walks around on a regular basis just to say hi to everyone. They are very flexible and do their best to accommodate anything that you need. I have been here well over a year and have never had an issue that someone in management hasn’t been able to help me resolve. They pay and hours are great to accommodate almost any schedule. I wish every place that I have worked for was like CNO!
Pros
Pay, coworkers, management, training, benefits
Wonderful company with great core values
Agent Market Conduct Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 21, 2017
Very professional company with wonderful, knowledgeable management and employees. I have worked at CNO Financial for 14 years and love it here. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Good and healthy environment, great core values
Cons
Productive and fun place work at
QA Lead/Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 13, 2017
In some projects, it's a very Fast paced environment but has flexibility.
what I have learned there is to work in a big group and learn to solve complex issues which were faced during every production release.
As far as the management goes at CNO, the second best manager I've had after my first job. Sure has an excellent management and co-workers staff.
Great work environment with extremely helpful people
Business Systems Analyst - Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 18, 2017
As a business systems analyst intern, I not only learned the everyday work of a regular full-time BSA, I also worked in conjunct with project managers from the IT department. Not only that, I had a great time interacting with fellow interns at the company.l
Sold Out
Director, Application Development (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 8, 2017
Many of the long term employees were let go and replaced by offshore associates. Management is driven by the almighty dollar. Its not what you know its who you know at the company
Fun place to work with many opportunities.
Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 2, 2017
CNO Financial Group Inc. is a great place to work. With much diversity in employment, the working environment is very intriguing. My position, being more independent, each day is an adventure. The opportunity to grow in the company is large given all of the resources available to assist with excelling.
Hard place to work
DOCUMENT SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 19, 2017
You are entering claims into computer after scanned, prepping claims. They expect you to be perfect. Only have 5 major errors and QC has to be 98.8% and Production 100%. They put to much stress on you. When you have errors they don't train you or help you to correct the errors.
Heed my warning
Agent Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 18, 2017
The agent care rep position is equal to banging your head against a wall all day. Extremely repetitive, the management treats you like you are a child, you're chained to your cubicle, and the agents yell at you and treat you like garbage and are allowed to get away with it. The training is over a couple months and is the only good part. Get the job and get paid for the training and then get out of there because this place is a joke. They don't even have coffee for the employees. Revolving door of people in and out of the position because it's terrible.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
The culture of treating you like a child
very busy environment
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 11, 2017
CNO is a very busy environment with multiple projects going on all the time. I enjoy the fast pace high energy and dealing with numerous things at once. I enjoy overseeing all of the contractors such as landscaping, cafe, construction and housekeeping
Pros
fast paced, laid back
Cons
long drive
It is nice place to learn new things
Technical Lead (DBA) (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 19, 2017
I like working here. Supportive boss and lots of advantages when you want to learn new things. I learned lots of monitoring tools to have alerts on the console. I worked almost every top technology of database here.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
24 by 7 for IT Infrastructure
Insurance administration
Insurance Administration (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 15, 2017
Spent the day cleaning up accounts. The company was going through some tough times. I didn't stick around to see it rebound. Worked 4 10 hour days which was nice.
Pros
Company rebounded
Cons
I didn't stick around
Horrible place to work
Training and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 7, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Management was horrible, they lie, the atmosphere is horrible. HR is close with management and retaliation occurs.
Pros
stressfull, not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 21, 2016
This company treats its lower level employees with a sweat shop mentally. Employees are only warm bodies to get the job done as fast as you can and being perfect with accuracy also.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
low raises, people with poor relationship sklls with peers are often promoted and work is unevenly divided
Very Stressful Place to work
Virtual senior sales agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2016
No job security... Bonuses get taken away if you dont pass what they call quaility which they don't teach you.... Regardless how much you sale and make goal they still manage some how take back your bonuses especially if they dont make thier goal as a company which is just robbery.... Not a career just a paycheck job dont get too comfortable because your a great seller they want "Quality" whatever that means....
Pros
free lunch if you on a good team that make goals
Cons
no job security
Call Center or Sweat Shop
Agent Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 7, 2016
The call center is a joke. Supervisors play and socialize leaving all supervision to team leads who are even less qualified than the management. Chained to your desk. Only allowed up at breaks and lunch. Not allowed up between breaks and lunch even to go to restroom. Cannot improve self or position unless approved by management. Morale extremely low.
Pros
Wellness and on site clinic
Cons
Its a paycheck job not a career
Sales Agent Support (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 3, 2016
I was in Agent care. Typical day was 50-80 inbound calls. Management was just ok. Micromanaged from the top down. Co Workers were fun , that was about it. No room for growth unless you played kiss bottom with the management and you didn't have a tan (if you catch my drift) . Im glad I got out when I did, that place was starting to effect my health.
Pros
The monthly pitch-ins
Cons
The management
Successful Company
Actuarial/IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 6, 2016
The work life balance can be a little crazy, but the experience you gain there is really good. They put you into a project and don't spoon feed you.
Job Scheduler
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 4, 2016
Scheduling jobs, set daily parms, and monitor cycles. The only issue I had was having to work weekends.
Pros
Being busy
Cons
Working weekends
Very Demanding
Sr. Licensed Telesales Rep (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2016
"You either sink or swim" The advice my supervisor gave me and that's exactly the culture in the office. You learn the basics in training until they put you on the sales floor and then you realized training was a playground and not the reality of your daily duties. You are limited to your breaks and confined to your desk troughout your shift which can be weary on you after awhile. Compensation is an understatement and to top it off they take 40% of your bonus...... It's a great job for someone looking for work and a great look on your resume for skill purposes but overall, as a current Telesales Sr. Rep virtual agent, there is no job security and therefore I would not consider retirement with the company. I also failed to mention it's a revolving door.
Pros
Opportunity to work from home
Cons
Compensation and Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CNO Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8