CNSI Employee Reviews

Decent Company with decent benifits
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 5, 2017
Typical Indian company with government projects in DC area. Great for a less experienced/started job. Good environment to learn new things, close to many great places to balance work/life.
Contract Mill
IT Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 5, 2017
This company uses H1-B low ballers to delay the decay of their company. They do not pay fair nor do they want anyone to stay long enough to ask for a raise. Good for a year of work or less. It is just a contract mill for special visa holders.
Hostile workplace environment
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2017
They went through a big shift in management just before I arrived that was handled like a Hostile Take-over. They were not supportive to employees when they should have been and the Executive VP of the Mid-West Region was an arrogant harsh man that lead using fear, intimidation and a bit of mystery so that no one ever felt that their jobs were secure.

The only way to put it is that he created a culture of fear.
Pros
They had a lot of activities in the office as well as out of the office
Great experience, Friendly environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 19, 2017
Great place to work. Team are great and so is Manager. Always get support from team if anythings new work comeup. Higly recommoned this company if your are lookig for new carrer oppourtinity.
Pros
Team are great and so is Manager.
Cons
No paid holiday
Nurse Auditor-Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 17, 2017
Great company to work for. Learned a great deal about coding and meeting medical necessity. Typical day, involved reviewing charts for medical necessity. Was able to really understand what information needs to be charted in order to meet needs for payments. People were great to work with, environment was relaxed.
Demanding and educational.
Programmer Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 25, 2017
CNSI is an incredibly proficient company and as such, the standard of excellence is quite high. The company expects a lot out of its employees, though they are highly rewarded if those requirements are met.
We built a good team.
Training & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2017
CNSI's mission is to build/supply a replacement for the state of Utah's Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS).
The management assembled a good team to develop training and review deliverable documentation in support of the project. Everything was reviewed for accuracy and completeness by the state. Pressure can rise as with any vendor/state relationship. "We're in this together," attitude shared between Business Analysts, Technical Staff, Training, and QA Departments.
Productive, Excellent scope for learning and fun
Senior Software Tester (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 13, 2017
The work culture at CNSI is very good,

The starts with a daily status call with the previous days work completed, activities planned for the day.

As the work is related to my profile, it was easy to complete the assigned work and learn some thing new.

At CNSI every individual gets a chance to work on several modules, that gives a lot of scope for new learning and enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job is documentation, the learning here comes from experience and was not documented previously.
Pros
Work culture
Cons
healthcare
CEO's have no vision
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 21, 2017
Very greedy and do unethical business with government projects. Takes advantage of immigrant workers and visa loop holes.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
your skills will be ripped off with low pay and high margins for the company.
Ordinary company with very poor compensation and benifits
Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 11, 2016
CNSI works on in-house Java framework, hence have very limited opportunity to learn and explore advanced technologies.
No work life balance, and poor compensation and health benefits.
I.T Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 15, 2016
Great Place to work. family atmosphere continued education, Management is very welcoming.

Ability to grow, in your field through other opportunities
Pros
Tight nit group
Cons
no cons
productive and fun environment and a great company to work on.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 7, 2016
QA Experience and Business analysis experience together makes the work enjoyable. there was a lot of experienced SME which makes it easier to get things clarified. all team were colaborating to deliver a better product.
each employee was getting a nice feedback
Excellent !!
Sr. QA Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 14, 2016
Pros

Financially sound company and highly ethical. Lots of advancement opportunities and/or lateral transfers for expanding your experience. Training is readily available and encouraged.

Cons

Company has transitioned from a pro-employee company with high morale to a company that has continued to cut into benefits and employees are not given proper respect. Morale is very, very low.

Advice to Management

Management is aware of most of the issues, but are not empowered to do anything, but tow the C-level company line. C-level changes are likely to occur over the next year or two and new leadership should do more to support the employees, while still managing investor expectations.
productive
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 19, 2016
Management very interested in employee professional development. They are more focused on getting projects. Long term career planning is a part of manager curriculum.
The company is interested in investing in it's staff and willing to upskill/provide training to get them into the role they want to be in.
good company
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 3, 2016
Great company to work for. Benefits are great. Time off is great. Boss is great. Culture is great. No complaints from me none at all.
Caters to the executive staff more so then the staff in the trenches
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 10, 2015
CNSI is stable with federal contract jobs but not a company that caters to the lower level staff. Promotions are easily awarded to the executive staff.
Pros
Stable jobs
Cons
Few promotions on the federal level
Amazing People at CNSI
Functional Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT and Olympia, WAAugust 26, 2015
In my 10 years with CNSI I have grown personally and professionally and it is directly related to the people I have had the opportunity to work with. I have learned much from their knowledge and their willingness to share their knowledge.
Pros
Friday free lunch on Utah project
Awesome
SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMarch 2, 2015
There is no typical day at work, everyday come up with a new possibilities, new desire and unique outcome which some may call a typical day just because some task are almost same everyday such as : Login to work PC, checking emails, Attending standup meetings and share Yesterday, today and any problem might faced.

So far i have learn how to become a team player along with humbleness and calm at the same time.

co-workers are as important as family, without them tram work not possible, and without team work no ship cant move ahead.

If the hardest part mean difficulties then its not in my book, no work is hardest as long as we are focus and dedicated to our task.

The atmosphere and the culture of the job in natural, technical and non technical might be in verge and it is a fun, more importantly there is a new technologies arise almost every moments and its just awesome to know about it.

Learning is the key to success in anything
Fast pace
Asset Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 13, 2015
Arrived at work normally around 5:30 am left work around 3:15 pm. Task was to enter data into remedy or delete data out of remedy. Tag, record deliver IT equipment. Delivered to the Washington DC area and surrounding areas.
I learned how to use remedy.
My co-workers were wonderful people to work with.
Management was alright.
The hardest part was when I needed help a lot of times everyone else was busy.
The most enjoyable part was a lot of the customers that I interacted with.
I was productive for my working with my employer