CNX Employee Reviews

Work was good and fast pasted had many projects to do.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER II (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Most day to day activities were support help desk and solve problems. Learning was outside of work or learn as you go. People were great and the personnel they had was great. The job was always changing and projects were always being added. Most projects were not completed before you moved on to the next project. VP and executives were very poor at best and did not understand the workload or scope of projects.
Pros
People, and benefits at the time
Cons
Projects not completed, upper management was poor at best
hardest part of my job
Maintenance Foreman (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, PADecember 31, 2017
Job requires a lot of walking and being on your knees with being in the maintenance department. the conditions aren't always pleasant with the cold and water sometimes up to your knees.
Risky
Associate Engineer - Gas (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PADecember 28, 2017
Great job, but open to layoffs with commodities pricing. People were great and had a sense of pride in the community we worked in. Field operations were paid extremely well.
Need to be knowledgeable, multitask and professional
Consulting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 3, 2017
worked in a clean environment, had my own office. needed to resolve problems pretty quick, able to take on multiple tasks, and possibly work long hours. Need to be able to perform research and capable of trouble shooting problems.
Pros
Fairly new building with lunch bistro
Cons
long hours many times.
Having special events and being able to be apart of an amazing opportunity
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 29, 2017
I'll come into work start my day by stacking all dirty dishes together preparing them to be thrown inside the dishwasher. Catch the dishes on the other side and properly organize them. After that sweep and mop the floors along with cleaning the kitchen machinery's.
Great Compensation/Benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PASeptember 12, 2017
Continuously changing direction due to uncertain coal industry. A lot of excellent people work here, some "good-ole boy" characteristics in certain departments. Although I am very grateful for the opportunities this company has provided for me, I have a hard time wanting to recommend to a friend or family member due to possible job security issues in the near future due to further regulations coming down the pipe in the coal industry,
Pros
Compensation/Benefits. Could almost write your own paycheck.
Cons
Uncertain future
Good Place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 6, 2017
Good place to work. Poor life/work balance. Good compensation and generally good people. Not very stable environment at in the current economy/culture.
Hard-working, focused company
Director - Applications,Mobility,Cybersecurity (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PASeptember 1, 2017
CONSOL is a hard-working, focused company. They employ many positive management techniques, encouraging innovation and expression. Cultural changes are underway to allow a better work/life balance.
My supervisor tries but I think some things are poor decisons.
salary employee (Current Employee) –  PASeptember 1, 2017
Salary is NOT the way to go hourly people make more money and still have EVERY WEEKEND AND HOLIDAY off with non stress full jobs. What is the advantage to a salary positon? Absolutely NO accountability or pride in work or work ethic. Wasteful and mismanaged entirely too many unqualified people in positions they don't deserve. One of the best days of my life beginning a mining career another best day of my life ending a mining career. Coal is on a decline consider a career elsewhere.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Having to wait paitently for another company to offer employment elsewhere
Used to be a great place to work, its not that way now
Production and Maintenance Coal Miner (Current Employee) –  Claysville, PAJuly 6, 2017
I've been working at enlow fork for 8 years as soon as the current CEO took over and started taking all the coal profits and dumping into his precious gas company, the mine has taken a nose dive. They will not put any money into equipment. Everything underground is falling apart. Our average run time is about 3hrs a shift the rest of the time the equipment is broke down.
Pros
Still getting paid
Cons
No experienced management
Was an excellent place to work
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJuly 5, 2017
The downturn in the coal industry and the temporary downturn in natural gas certainly put this company into survival mode, however my experience there was still positive. I agreed with many of upper managements decisions as a whole. The focus on workplace safety being a number one priority and empowering the employee to act regarding safety says a lot about a company. The overall culture of the company was one of teamwork. Ideas may be presented and do work their way through. I will always look back at my time will Consol Energy with pride and accomplishment.
Maintenance Supervisor
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wind Ridge, PA 15380June 23, 2017
Good paying job, not much home time with rotation shifts. Management is okay for the most part. it is very interesting and exciting process watching the coal be extracted. all and all good place to work
Great pay, hard work, long hours.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wind Ridge, PAJune 14, 2017
The job itself was great. I enjoyed the labor, and certainly enjoyed the pay, but the life/work balance was a bit much for my taste. The pay was outstanding, but I didn't feel that I had enough time for friends and family.
Pros
High salary
Cons
70+ hours week
Great pay no home life
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2017
it was the best job I've ever had until recently when they started stripping benefits and never had enough people to cover shifts which resulted in a 70+ Hour week
Pros
Great pay, Great coworkers
Cons
Swing shift, loss of benefits
poorly ran company
Assistance Maintenance Manager (Promotion (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2017
work way to much with not enough people to be successful. ran the day to day maintenance operations. worked every fourth of July, because of shutdowns.
Stay Away
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 30, 2017
Bring you in... In two months took pension away, continually took benefits and perks away. Constantly changes supervisors, managers and job duties. They have no idea how to run a gas company. After 2+ years they decided to cut 1800 jobs. Cuts not based on performance, just last 1800 hired were first 1800 fired. They kept dead beats and unskilled folks, while laying off some highly qualified and motivated workers.
Very Top Heavy Company. I stupidly bought stock, only to read in share holder report how the execs will get increased money in their incentive program. I dumped the stock.
It's best that this company closes it doors and sells out. Tope execs, are clueless. But they get paid....very very well.
Pros
Cons
do not work for this company.
A good place to work
Communications Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAMay 20, 2017
Consol Energy is a great place to work. You are treated as a team player. The management staff is impeccable. The work environment is friendly and ever ready to be of help. Truly, the hardest part of the job is the commute. Working there taught me to have no qualms about relying on others for assistance. The CONSOL environment is all about teamwork.
Benefits
Cons
Shift work
Consol
Coal Miner (Current Employee) –  Pa OperationsMay 11, 2017
Nice place to work. Good benefits, good pay. Great opportunity to get a career established and learn about business. Company works hard to keep employees happy.
Very stressful
SECTION FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Claysville, PAMay 1, 2017
Has been a great company, I have learned many skills that I will take with me in life. This company has changed greatly in the last few years that I don't agree with.
Drove a rock truck
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamson, WVApril 26, 2017
I worked for consol energy for 12 years ,,They had great benefits , insurance,401k,life ins. And great pay. And they are great with safety,I really miss working for them
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not being there