CO-OP Financial Services Employee Reviews in United States

Contact Center Generalist II (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 26, 2015
Unfortunately, A great place to work very friendly people, but the pay hourly is horrible $12.40 hourly.Sadly ,for a job that requires so much work such as angry customers calling in about their accounts being over drafted, call backs not returned etc. Without a doubt, this working environment has very well prepared me financially with the financial terminology and knowledge to get a better paying job.
Fast Pace
Co-op Financial Services (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 12, 2014
If you cant keep up with a fast pace environment then this is not the place for you. Wonderful company always understanding
Pros
raises
Cons
hours
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 1, 2014
This is a hectic high volume call center. The calls come in so fast that you are barely able to take a break. There are weekly mandatory meetings with your manager to go over things that you need to improve that are quite unnecessary. They also closely track every time that you get up from the desk to go to the bathroom or when your one minute late from break. On a positive note the pay is relatively good in comparison to other call centers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
micromanaged, heavy workload
the truth
fraud analyst (Former Employee) –  rancho cucamonga, caMarch 6, 2014
They fire everyone right when you're about to go permanent. The supervisors hate and make it a point to rid the office of all races but their own....conspiracy? I think not!
Pros
location
Cons
racist bad supervisors
quiet and very informal
Customer service spec II (Former Employee) –  rancho cucamonga caFebruary 25, 2014
Typical day for me was to open all batches of members account info with charges they were disputing, check vendor information, dates and items at question. Provide all documents for analysis to determine outcome of accounts.
Pros
very independent position
Cons
commute
Abusive management
Corporate Fundraising & Special Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 10, 2013
Self serving management abusive to majority of employees in one department.
poor management
generalist (Former Employee) –  Fort WorthApril 27, 2013
Started here almost a year ago and so glad to be out of that hellhole. Probably the most poorly managed company I have had the displeasure of working for. Constantly asking for overtime hours because they can never keep enough people. Constantly throwing new systems and policies at you without having management knowledge when questions arise and better never plan on a vacation more than 3 weeks in advance because you don't know if it will be approved. The concept is fantastic but the execution is in need of a serious management overhaul.
Pros
great benefits, coworkers
Cons
management, systems, hours
Teamates are good to work with, can't trust management
Client Service rep (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 3, 2013
The department I was in they were over working them and under paying them. No room for advancement. I was repeatly told I would be promoted and after a year of hearing that and given the run around on it happening I quite. In my last week there they promoted another person in my department the promotion I was told I would get repeatly. The pay was low and they micromanaged to much. Wasted time by doing that and wasted employees time.
Pros
they had pretty much every holiday off
Cons
30 min lunches, micro manage even down to how long you take in the bathroom
Good benefits, no room for advancement
Service Dept (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 1, 2012
I work at the office in California. In my dept. the supervisor and manager are unprofessional. The morale of the dept. is low due to management and no room for advancement. No one can give ideas to improve the company. They let non productive employees complain and not perform their daily work.
Pros
co-workers and benefits
Cons
long time workers take all the holidays as vacations every year
Great Colleagues
Contact Center Generalist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2012
This call center is one of Co-op's many services provided to credit unions to aid in standard banking procedures. I answer questions daily regarding account balances, online/mobile banking assistance and loan products. Working here has allowed me to complete college courses, furthering my education in the paralegal field. I have enjoyed working with my direct team leads, and love the co-workers.
Managment runs the fraud department as a Sweat Shop!
Fraud Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 22, 2012
There is no fun to be had in this department. Dept Sr.Supervisor spies and ALL and reports every small error to the Manager who in turn enjoys taking Sr Supervisors word as gold and uses that as a clue to build negative relationships. The Dynamic and Culture in this department is negative unprofessional. DO NOT take a position as an analyst NOR a supervisor... no one is safe. You can do the best job you can and achieve your goals. But get criticized for the smallest thing on a daily basis, instead of an "ataboy' for a real genuine achievement! RUN>>>> RUN..... RUN!!!!
Pros
free coffee
Cons
sweat shop, no talking, no fun, no time off the phones.
Good Company
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 10, 2012
Credit Union Network. Always on the verge of technology to provide the latest and innovative products for credit unions to compete with banks.
Conveniently close to home.
Dispute Resolution Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 9, 2012
The great thing about CO-OP is, it's close to home. My commute is 10 minutes. The benefits are wonderful, but there's no chance of advancement in the department I am in. I want to learn more, be productive and showcase my talents.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no chance to advance
They make you work
Business analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2012
I love the people I work with but management does not know how to manage.
Pros
cafe
Cons
micromanagement
Fun Workplace, friendly employers
CO-OP FINANCIAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 30, 2012
I loved working for this company my manager was extremely helpful and tried to the best of his ability to assist me with any job related request.
CO-OP is fabulous!
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho CucamongaMarch 1, 2012
I really enjoyed working at CO-OP. I had a great boss and great employees.
Pros
employee activities, bonuses every 6 months

2.7