Coach USA Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
A great place to work utilizing current technical skills.
Coach USA (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ 07652August 29, 2017
Coach USA fosters a balanced workplace environment and supports the advancement of their employees. Technologies perfected at the Central Support Center for Megabus has successfully impacted the ground transportation industry in moving forward to deliver safe services for passengers and drivers.
It is a fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas texasAugust 23, 2017
It is a great driving job but you got to be able to keep a log book because you get paid by the hours and by the mile and it is a great place to work and it is a tour company so you will love to work for this company
Pros
Yes they will buy your meal when you are on a tour
Cons
Yes there might be days of a lot
I loved this job.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  JaJuly 29, 2017
Coach was a great place to work. I had to leave because my car broke down and it wasn't a bus that went that route. The pay was great and the people were great. I would definitely go back.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
I had to work some weekends
nice pool table
moter coach driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2017
driving otr was a great experience. t certain times of the year it got rough. going thru different cities, and climate changes,and snow made for a rough trip.
Pros
lots of free lunch
Cons
free hotel rooms
The terminal closed otherwise I would still be there
Dispatch Cashier/Ticket Sales/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJune 4, 2017
Fast paced job but very enjoyable
The drivers, office staff and garage staff were all great to work with. I was so sad when they closed our terminal.
Pros
Nice place to work.
Cons
Since there was only one cashier on each shift you did not really get a break.
Unprofessional
Charter Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  American Coach LinesApril 22, 2017
Antiquated equipment... You will be lucky to find a bus without the misfortune of giving you a road failure. The late model busses are unofficially assigned to senior drivers. Which means junior drivers are stuck with poorly maintained equipment which accounts for poor customer service to their charter customers. Figuratively speaking the employer expect drivers to spin straw into gold. Due to high turn over rates,currently as of April 2017 there is a $2000 sign on bonus and referral bonus... Good luck receiving it.. because your common sense and professionalism won't allow you to stay long enough to be mentally insulted.
Pros
Some of the drivers are good people to work with and wont leave you stranded...
Cons
Poorly maintained equipment.. Management is patronizing, could care less about anything but the bottom line

Comment – May 8, 2017

Stay away from American Coach Lines/ Coach USA Norcross GA...
Located on the north side of Atlanta Metropolitan area. Poorly maintained equipment, very unprofessional offer terrible service to their customers too many old buses that should have been placed out fo service many years ago. Their fleet should be laid to rest in Motorcoach Boothill.

Nice job for traveling and meeting new people.
Coach (Bus) Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 17, 2017
Coach USA was a fun job. It required a lot of travel and interactions with passengers. The hardest part of the job was having no control over the mechanical failures of the buses. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting a continuous flow of travelers. Everyday you meet different people from different places do independent things. I enjoy my job as a driver do to traveling to and from different places. If dot was to stop the mega-bus for inspection 98% of the buses will be put out of service. Oil leaks is the main issues and mega-bus don't have enough buses to replace the older ones. The buses are not designed for the highway abuse like a charter so they require a lot of mechanical attention. Plug sockets don't work, wifi don't work, the toilet leaks fluids on the highway and the smell is horrible.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Bus operational failures.
You don't want to work here
Office drone (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 29, 2017
Management doesn't care about you..just get the work done on time..they have a couple of favorite pets in each office..high employee turn over..low pay..office work not spread out evenly among workers in same office...coworkers get resentful when asked to help out a coworker who is behind on their work..no bonuses...tiny raises..coworker cliques..management doesn't have your back..workers show no initiative and do least amount of work to hit deadline
Pros
Cons
Lazy workers. Bad management
Productive fast pace
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 26, 2017
Been with this company for a while now love the atmosphere. More like family to me and I continue to plan on being here long jeopardy. This company has really help me become more socialable and definitely excell at customer service.
Good pay, odd hours, not a good job
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVJanuary 12, 2017
This job offers split shifts at 6 days a week. If you have kids, be prepared to not see them. Be prepared to be tired every day all the time. The middle of the day off is nice but when you work the odd hours you don't even want to get anything done. If you have a family, you'll never see them. This job is for a person who is alone, no kids, old, and wants to have no life. Management works Monday-Friday normal job hours. They think it's funny and will laugh in your face if you express how tired or any feeling at all for that matter. It's a horrible company and I would never ever recommend to anyone to pick this place to work. If you can make it through training at a measly 12$ an hour I would recommend going through that because you can get your cdl for cheap!!
Pros
Great pay, they help obtain your cdl
Cons
Bad management, bad hours, bad everything
reasonable schedules
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJDecember 7, 2016
on a scale from 1-10 i rate 8. The management is alright, but not consistent. I love to meet new people the way i did working at this company. I've met new people everyday with different attitudes, different race, and different culture. I learned something new everyday.
Pros
hour break
Cons
assigned routes
Productive work place
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 2, 2016
It's a good place to work at learning about how to and operate a bus properly. The hardest part about the job is working in different weather conditions.
Worst company I ever worked for
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVNovember 3, 2016
All the drivers do is sleep and drive. There is no time for your family or other responsibilities other than driving. The 6 day a week split shift schedule is not for the family oriented person. They are constantly short handed and will fire drivers for being 10 minutes late. If you are not a robot this is not the employer for you.
Overall, it was a great place to work
DB/C (Databus) Programmer & Versyss Support (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX...Company later moved to Paramus, NJOctober 10, 2016
Great atmosphere, and great co-workers. It was a place with opportunity to learn, and develop, and that was a great experience. I would love the opportunity to work there again. I learned how to use the vi editor, develop in DB/C (under AIX environment), and support multiple billing programs and increase my understanding of the AIX system. My job was to support the billing software called VMS, written in DB/C, for multiple internal & external clients that were located around the country. The company was starting to phase VMS out, and replace it with the Versyss charter reservation system, which actually had an entire company, named Versyss, to stand by and support it. I did do some support for Versyss, particularly regarding printing issues at a few Coach USA locations. I also did help desk type support for clients for printing issues, assisted with installing the terminal emulation program, and other things. Also, for a short period of time, I generated reports using the Fleet Anywhere, which was the company-wide software for maintaining their fleet of charter buses, and transit vehicles. I enjoyed working with my supervisors and co-workers, because we would all go out to lunch on occasion. To see needs and goals met in the charter reservation software was probably to most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
great place to learn and develop new skills
Cons
No cons
Needs help
Driver (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 30, 2016
Pick up people drive to point, wait pick back up drive home. get up the next day and it all over again. most of the time with very little sleep and little pay
Pros
N/a
Cons
very little pay
Management sucks
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2016
Poor management, liars, if you report them for safety will blacklist you trying to intimidate you into doing what they want. No room for advancement within, and no regular safety classes. Needs much improvement in management.
Pros
Meet different people
Cons
Good pay, lots of work, split shift work can be difficult but the crew we transport are great
Driver (Current Employee) –  Elko, NVAugust 10, 2016
Good paying job, lots of work available, and the people I work with are like family. I also get along with my supervisors and management well. I think the other emoplyees that speak otherwise have been fired because of not following the rules. I have driven for this company for a long time and plan to drive for several more years. I have not been in trouble once for not doing my job. Be prepared for split shift work and working all week. The crews we drive to the mines are also like family.
Pros
Good pay, good company
Cons
Split shift work
Bad managment, great coworkers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVJuly 28, 2016
Management does not stand behind the employees, they lie to employees. Accidents are covered up if you are pet of the week or in the safety department. Dispatchers desperately bully drivers to take extra runs in spite of Hours Of Service. There are no lights in the parking lot or bus yard.Employees are expendable, very big overturn.Behind the wheel hours are greatly stretched for trainees and when a new class graduates older drivers are quickly fired.
Pros
Great drivers
Cons
Very bad mismanagement
Used to be a good place to work.
Motor coach driver (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMay 24, 2016
Coach usa has spent more on mega bus and let coach usa degrade but increased the price that they are charging the customers. This driving good customers away. Besides buses with 500,000 miles management is lacking wanting drivers to do more for less.
Pros
Old equipment
Cons
Drivers trying to help but are getting stressed out and leaving
Great Job
COACH USA BUS LINE (Former Employee) –  Westwood, NJFebruary 9, 2016
Great opportunity to grow and learn. Learning to communicate with people everyday. Making decision that will effect the consumers day for better or worse. You will learn how to be efficient and understanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coach USA. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval