Coach Employee Reviews

Great company
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 22, 2017
I worked here for a short time but was really pleased with the opportunities and culture of the company. They compensate well for their team and are one of few places that have offered all store monthly incentives. It's a nice perk! Really good about proper breaks and scheduling. Work/life balance is that of what's expected in retail. overall great company.
Pros
Compensation, quality of product, good management, good environment, incentives.
Cons
Very very strict with time and attendance, don't have clear expectations on dress code.
A balance between fast paced and slow paced work days
Assistant Manager/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 16, 2017
Coach is a fun place to work with excellent retail training. Not always easy to obtain a management position for long time employees. Some times there is a disconnect between corporate employees and the retail stores.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
No regular work schedule.
Stressful work environment with fun clients
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMay 15, 2017
This place is a fast paced environment where you are expected to make your goals. The management team expects for you to meet your goals every single month. If not, your job may be at risk.
Started off being amazing, then changed to a horrible work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMay 15, 2017
I worked at Coach for over 10 years. I started out as a seasonal associate and worked my way up. I held positions as a cashier, stock associate, and sales associate and was then promoted to Assistant Manager, then Acting Associate Manager. Throughout the first 6 years I worked at Coach, I truly enjoyed my job. The people I worked with were great, the customer were friendly and fun, and management was fair and dedicated. During the last few years thought, things changed in a negative way. Our store manager decided to leave the company and recruited half of our staff while lying to us about it. We were left with a skeletal crew that was overworked and underpaid. The new store manager that was hired was not equip to handle out store at all. She was used to coming to work and having the rest of her team do all of the work and that is not how our store had run previously nor were were staffed to have her come in every day and just sit in the stock room. My happiness plummeted and I was bringing my stress from work home which was affecting my relationship with my brand new husband. It is hard enough working in retail and not having a strong work-life balance, but when you are doing your bosses job day in and day out, it starts to take a toll on you. I ended up deciding to leave Coach without another job lined up because I was that unhappy. If you had asked me 3 years ago if I would recommend Coach, I would give you a resounding yes. Ask me that same question today, and I would tell you absolutely not. The company itself did treat their employees pretty well. Our benefits were amazing,  more... better than most people I know, but our salaries were not competitive. All in all, the store itself is the issue, not the company.  less
Great Place to Work, Just not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 14, 2017
I was a sales associate there. Pretty self explanatory, I tried to help sell merchandise to potential customers. I learned how to approach and effectively communicate with various customers.
Senior Sales Associate, Men's Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIMay 14, 2017
Coach is an amazing company to work for. I love the product and what the company stands for. I am always happy to go into work and sell a product I am passionate about.
Fun and busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 10, 2017
You deal with a lot of resellers in the Carlsbad location, great staff, . They are a great company with good benefits. If you like handbags this is the place for you.
Atomsphere
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 10, 2017
Great location
Fun atmosphere
bonuses
awesome discount
great product
a lot of one on one customer interaction
returning customers
sales
contest
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 9, 2017
Poor management, that needs to be fired!
Their is no work and life balance.
HR will not support you.
Dress code is ridiculous.
You can not work over time.
Pros
65% discount
Cons
District, General, and Store Managers
Fun work place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 4, 2017
This job is so easy. The key is to just be friendly with customers and always show a small. I liked this job because as a employee, you get benefits and discounts for certain products.
Pros
sometimes there is free lunch
Cons
standing up almost all day
A great luxury retailer starter
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, NJMay 4, 2017
Overall, Coach is a great brand to have on your resume and explore within getting your feet wet in the luxury retail field, but if you would like to properly and efficiently grow, Coach isn't the place for you. The brand will keep you very complacent and comfortable. If growth is not important to you, Coach is perfect for you.
cliental building
Sales Associate/Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYMay 2, 2017
I was able to learn how to engage with the customer and follow up with them after the purchase. Goal was top have them come back to buy from me again.
Coach is a professional place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 30, 2017
It was an average place to work at. You had to keep up with sales and had to dress to impress. You had to wear name brand clothes but if you could not afford them then you would in trouble in a way.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 27, 2017
Great place to work. You learn a lot about the company standards and rules, also the background.I personally ha a great team to work with and the management team was a dream to work with.
could be better
unpacker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 27, 2017
working for coach is a learning experience i work both shift the morning is an okay shift to work but working through a temp service they would really treat us any kind of way they would come to use during our shift and tell we had to go home and to return tomorrow but send us a messages saying we no longer had an job there to call the temp service for more work the workers for coach would treat us like we just the "help"
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Team player and quick learner
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYApril 27, 2017
Willing to learn anything and learn quickly.
I am a team player and positive person as well.
Strong sales skill and patient with customer.
Mandrin speaker and I can understand a little Cantonese and Japanese.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Healthcare
Loving energetic environment
Salesman/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2017
Coach is awesome, although you have to stay at one location the people are very welcoming. They don't judge you and they let you work in peace. I would work at coach any day
Great employee discount, store sometimes severely understaffed
Stock and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYApril 24, 2017
Although technically a luxury brand its still a pretty standard retail job. Some stores have both stock and sales roles, but the smaller stores may have you doing both. My store was around 5-8 people, at some points we were down to 3 and were borrowing from other stores but the atmosphere is pretty good, and usually light, and the discount is amazing. You need to have at least some interest in fashion to work here.
Pros
50% or more employee discount
fast pace work environment with great opportunities for advancement
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2017
I have worked off and on for Integeity Staffing at Amazon for several years. If you go in and focus on working and doing your best you will have so many opportunities for advancement.
Team work.
MM Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
Day to day work, conducting meetings, resolving user's issue. Participating in meetings for cross module to discuses issue related to other consultant. For example Stock Transport order.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coach. Our community is ready to answer.