Coach Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and Fun Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 13, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of making sure deadlines were met, educating oneself on the products and latest trends. I learned every aspect of management from interviewing to inventory. Management was very accessible and down to earth. Overall my co-workers in store were not the best, I seemed to have had a better relationship with my external co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting the team to work as a team at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to advance and seeing the new product.
Pros
Pay, discount and benefits
Developmental Environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 13, 2015
Management is very supportive, and work hard to develop each employee on every skill that is needed for the job. All associates are set up for success, no matter what position they are in (sales, stock, cashiering, etc.) Company has a very rich culture, long history, and extensive customer base which creates a high level of involvement in the brand for all employees. I have had a chance to move up from a selling associate to a manager, which was an excellent opportunity as it taught me many important skills such as time management, communication, business models, and professionalism in dealing with corporate and clientele. Our staff works very closely together, and has the ability to develop healthy work relationships which are essential to working in peak holiday times and making the work place a fun and easy-going environment in a professional sense.
Pros
Great pay incentives, benefits for employees, skill development opportunities
Cons
Holiday hours can be intensive
Coach
Stock Associate Store Support (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 10, 2016
The company as a whole is ok, management at the particular store I worked at was very demeaning and incompetent as far as their jobs. They are very harassing and all have a condescending attitude. They think that anyone of color don't have common sense which I have learned from them that common sense is not that common
Pros
its a job
Cons
low pay, no benefits not potential for growth without being a manager friend
Different Work environment depending on store location
assistant manager retail (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
No consistency, I've worked at all over the Coach store location throughout Manhattan and they are not consistent with each other. Each store manager has there own agenda and does most do not follow company standard.
Pros
Good Discount and compensation
Cons
No consistency, sexist
A company that stands behind their brand/product
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 9, 2015
I have been employed with Coach, Inc for 3 years and I can truly say this has been the most lucrative job that I have had to date. Over the years this company has offered amazing incentives and benefits that are both bebficial to me and my family, Also, I have learned so much and developed into a well rounded manager.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks, great benefits
Cons
management and associate employment turnover
Fun family-like culture
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 19, 2016
Coach, Inc. is a company that invests in you, if you invest in them. Being an employee for over nine years, I have seen the company go through many transformations and throughout all the changes, the company still places their employees first.
Pros
401K, stock options, healthcare
very productive retail environment
Sales Support, Coach (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 1, 2015
fun team to be apart of and can grow with the company. good benefits. Usually busy everyday. Extremely busy every weekend. Great sales. it gets really crowded inside the store and sometimes have to start a line outside to keep things in control.
Love working in the Special Projects Department
Coach Distribution Center (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2015
Not a Hard job at all but it requires a lot of walking and its a lot of noise Lunch breaks go by really fast Most of the full time workers are pretty nice but the pay is not that good
Pros
Work is not that hard to do
Cons
Bad pay no benifits Temp job can end at any moment
Productive,Professional work place
stock associate (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CANovember 9, 2015
Coach was the most professional work place i have ever got to work at. They did everything by the book, including breaks,reviews, and raises. They gave you the praise you deserved and would also discipline when necessary.
Productive and fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 7, 2015
Great retail company to work for. Visual merchandising for this company is always fun and challenging. Company focuses on developing employees so they grow within the company.
Pros
Great discounts and benefits
Cons
Long hours, work during holidays.
Used to be a good place to work
Technology Department Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2015
Coach used to be a great place to work 5 years ago. Today with the poor company performance and managements attitude towards employees I would stay away. The company has a small Technology department where everyone is like family but more and more family members are getting cut each day to satisfy wall street and increase top executive bonuses. If you want to move forward with you career this place is not for you. Avoid at all costs. This company may even get sold within the next 2-5 years. Each and every quarter for the last 2 years they have lost more and more money.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
No Job Security, Management doesn't see employees as an asset, mediorcirty is rewarded and hard work is ignored.
Just as much fun as it sounds
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 8, 2015
Coach is a good company to work for. They offer fair compensation and a great bonus/benefit program. The customers are fun to work with. There is the pressure of secret shoppers but as long as you do your job youre fine.
Sales job at coach
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJune 30, 2015
Worked at a part-time job at a coach factory store. A typical day of work begins with a huddle, then you stay on the sales floor and make sure to greet customers and assist customers to find their needs, then you clean up and restock at the end of the day. Co-workers are usually friendly. No health benefits for part time, limited hours, hard to advance if you do not fit into the corporate culture.
Pros
employee discounts on merchandise
Cons
short breaks, standing for prolonged hours with dress shoes, slim to none benefits for part time workers
Great company to work for...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 6, 2015
COACH is a great company to work for. COACH sets high expectations, promotes a very professional work environment and can be lots of fun . If you love a luxury brand (handbags, accessories, ready to wear, watches and jewelry) and love meeting people, this is the company for you.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
it's retail...rarely have a weekend off.
Exciting, fashion forward place to work
Assistant Manager- Coach (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 1, 2016
With this company I learned how to become a personable seller. Clienteling was key with the growth and health of the company. We had to be able to sell to anyone who walked through the door. I had an amazing management team who never hesitated to help you with coaching and developing your talents. The hardest part of the job was meeting the extremely hi sales goals set to us by our district manager, but being super competitive I saw this as a challenge. I was able to not only meet these goals but exceed them. Coach was an amazing company to work for, and I do not think that I could possibly pin point one specific thing that was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Great discounts and incentive programs
High End Retail
Sales Assocaite (Former Employee) –  Cypress TXAugust 10, 2015
Responsible for customer assistance, cash register operation, sales, opening and closing procedures. Maintained positive customer and employee relations; reporting and any problems/ complaints immediately to the store manager. Assisted with inventory, display, merchandising and placement of stock on floors, stock rotation and markdowns
benefits
Cons
holidays
Productive, Fun and fast paced enviroment.
Stock/ Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2015
Working in coach was fun and educational.

Met and assisted a variety of customers from diff parts of the world.

Fast paced challenging environment.

Great structure and opportunities.
Pros
discounts, benefits
Cons
not alot of hours
High volume workplace
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
A typical day at Coach outlet deals with a high volume of customers. Us associates learned how to communicate effectively in order to provide excellent customer service to keep up with the fast pace milieu. With management support, we are able to stay on track of the responsibilities we have daily. The most challenging part of the job is communicating with foreign customers with language other than English. On the bright side, it also interest me to learn new language which means new ability to further improve my communication skills.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling
very energetic work place, great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 11, 2015
This is the busiest and most profitable store in the world. Hours are long and very hard. Selling the product sold its self pretty much. Very easy job in regards to selling.

Management is typical retail. Always micro managing.

Best part of job was my co-workers and new life friends I met along the way.

Hardest part of job is the hours and no time off, no holidays or weekends and lack of consideration for time needed off.

Co workers are well trained and extremely knowledgeable with product and daily business needs of business.
Pros
busy, professional co workers, well trained staff and great benefits.
Cons
too long of hours, worked too many days a week. No holiday days off or weekends.
Terrible manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2016
Overall my experience was not great. I was hired on and knew the expectations but, with so much management turnaround it was a mess. The last manager to take over would never show up, giving lame excuses as to why she could not be there; this left a heavy burden on the rest of the team. The district manager was bond to it all and when complaints were made they laughed and we were treated about our jobs using explicit words. So... We left. Terrible location to work.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Upper management, long hours, holidays