Coach Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 13, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of making sure deadlines were met, educating oneself on the products and latest trends. I learned every aspect of management from interviewing to inventory. Management was very accessible and down to earth. Overall my co-workers in store were not the best, I seemed to have had a better relationship with my external co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting the team to work as a team at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to advance and seeing the new product.
Pros
Pay, discount and benefits
Coach
Stock Associate Store Support (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 10, 2016
The company as a whole is ok, management at the particular store I worked at was very demeaning and incompetent as far as their jobs. They are very harassing and all have a condescending attitude. They think that anyone of color don't have common sense which I have learned from them that common sense is not that common
Pros
its a job
Cons
low pay, no benefits not potential for growth without being a manager friend
Developmental Environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 13, 2015
Management is very supportive, and work hard to develop each employee on every skill that is needed for the job. All associates are set up for success, no matter what position they are in (sales, stock, cashiering, etc.) Company has a very rich culture, long history, and extensive customer base which creates a high level of involvement in the brand for all employees. I have had a chance to move up from a selling associate to a manager, which was an excellent opportunity as it taught me many important skills such as time management, communication, business models, and professionalism in dealing with corporate and clientele. Our staff works very closely together, and has the ability to develop healthy work relationships which are essential to working in peak holiday times and making the work place a fun and easy-going environment in a professional sense.
Pros
Great pay incentives, benefits for employees, skill development opportunities
Cons
Holiday hours can be intensive
Different Work environment depending on store location
assistant manager retail (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
No consistency, I've worked at all over the Coach store location throughout Manhattan and they are not consistent with each other. Each store manager has there own agenda and does most do not follow company standard.
Pros
Good Discount and compensation
Cons
No consistency, sexist
Fun family-like culture
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 19, 2016
Coach, Inc. is a company that invests in you, if you invest in them. Being an employee for over nine years, I have seen the company go through many transformations and throughout all the changes, the company still places their employees first.
Pros
401K, stock options, healthcare
A company that stands behind their brand/product
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LANovember 9, 2015
I have been employed with Coach, Inc for 3 years and I can truly say this has been the most lucrative job that I have had to date. Over the years this company has offered amazing incentives and benefits that are both bebficial to me and my family, Also, I have learned so much and developed into a well rounded manager.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks, great benefits
Cons
management and associate employment turnover
its a trap
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLSeptember 11, 2016
Work can differ, when its not holiday season or midday its usually dead. I've learned alot about coach product, quality and their competitors. Management will always treat you like a child that they're trying to school. They have a hard time crediting your accomplishments because chances are retail management wasn't their first career choice. Some food for thought. My co-workers are actually now the reason why it makes it an unenjoyable work environment. They're usually around their early 20s, they think they know it all and can be very cold and stand-offish. All they talk about is buying more expensive simply because we work in a brand name store. I cant stand it. hardest part of the job is the unrealistic goals they set for you and the pressure of looking at this job as if it is our career path. i enjoy the discount, the pay rate, and the guaranteed break time.
Pros
50% off retail, 65% off outlet
Cons
co-workers
very productive retail environment
Sales Support, Coach (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 1, 2015
fun team to be apart of and can grow with the company. good benefits. Usually busy everyday. Extremely busy every weekend. Great sales. it gets really crowded inside the store and sometimes have to start a line outside to keep things in control.
Exciting, fashion forward place to work
Assistant Manager- Coach (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 1, 2016
With this company I learned how to become a personable seller. Clienteling was key with the growth and health of the company. We had to be able to sell to anyone who walked through the door. I had an amazing management team who never hesitated to help you with coaching and developing your talents. The hardest part of the job was meeting the extremely hi sales goals set to us by our district manager, but being super competitive I saw this as a challenge. I was able to not only meet these goals but exceed them. Coach was an amazing company to work for, and I do not think that I could possibly pin point one specific thing that was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Great discounts and incentive programs
Love working in the Special Projects Department
Coach Distribution Center (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2015
Not a Hard job at all but it requires a lot of walking and its a lot of noise Lunch breaks go by really fast Most of the full time workers are pretty nice but the pay is not that good
Pros
Work is not that hard to do
Cons
Bad pay no benifits Temp job can end at any moment
Very rewarding company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work is running reports before your day starts.
Satisfying the customer by completing their orders.
I have worked in many different departments at Coach and have learned many different aspects of the company,
Management are very pleasant . Always trying to make my job easier.
My co-workers are all cross-trained to help each other.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when you close down your computer for the day and you feel you gave it 100%
Pros
Free coach classes about health, respect, learning to listen
Cons
Healthcare
Productive,Professional work place
stock associate (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CANovember 9, 2015
Coach was the most professional work place i have ever got to work at. They did everything by the book, including breaks,reviews, and raises. They gave you the praise you deserved and would also discipline when necessary.
High volume workplace
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
A typical day at Coach outlet deals with a high volume of customers. Us associates learned how to communicate effectively in order to provide excellent customer service to keep up with the fast pace milieu. With management support, we are able to stay on track of the responsibilities we have daily. The most challenging part of the job is communicating with foreign customers with language other than English. On the bright side, it also interest me to learn new language which means new ability to further improve my communication skills.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling
Culture depends on the team you work on
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for Coach and worked on different teams over the years. The work/life balance really depends on your boss and team as each department is managed differently.

The company is going through large structural changes so job security is not as good as it used to be.

A new Creative Director has refreshed the product but other changes are hurting the company culture and employee happiness.
Pros
new office building, great product
Cons
work life balance on some teams, job security
Productive and fun work place.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXOctober 7, 2015
Great retail company to work for. Visual merchandising for this company is always fun and challenging. Company focuses on developing employees so they grow within the company.
Pros
Great discounts and benefits
Cons
Long hours, work during holidays.
Amazing team
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lahaska, PASeptember 1, 2016
working at this business with the management team was the best, they are hard working and are always working on coaching each other to be better. i learned to be a better team player and to let my visual eye shine when it comes to setting up product. meeting clients and keeping a personal log of them to call back when new product arrived was also a regular ritual at this store, very important to keep up our numbers.
Pros
great hours, team plays, coaching
Cons
no advancement
Excellent Growth
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2016
Coach is always challenging itself to be its best by taking on a new approach the customer experience, hiring a new designer, and tackling social media. It was very exciting to work or a company that was going through a huge brand transformation and to see the results after so many years of hard work. Being apart of the this journey, both as a store level employee and a corporate employee, provided me with amazing experience in the ever changing retail landscape.
Used to be a good place to work
Technology Department Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2015
Coach used to be a great place to work 5 years ago. Today with the poor company performance and managements attitude towards employees I would stay away. The company has a small Technology department where everyone is like family but more and more family members are getting cut each day to satisfy wall street and increase top executive bonuses. If you want to move forward with you career this place is not for you. Avoid at all costs. This company may even get sold within the next 2-5 years. Each and every quarter for the last 2 years they have lost more and more money.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
No Job Security, Management doesn't see employees as an asset, mediorcirty is rewarded and hard work is ignored.
Its an alright place to work
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLSeptember 12, 2016
They advertise that they promote within the company but they don't. I worked there for a long time and was M.I.T when I left. They had me train the next manager when I was up for the promotion. Yes, I am bitter about that but that's besides the point, But hey, if you have the experience to start off on the management team, go for it. However, if you are looking for long-term and want to move up within the company, this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Good Discount
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Exposure to Professional World
Lead Sales Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 9, 2016
Had a great time working for coach. i grow a lot as a personal and learned quite a bit about myself in terms of what I'm capable of. goals were easy to meet and incentives were always up for grabs. frequent changes in store associates and management made it unstable. but overall nice experience. excellent company.
Pros
great college job
Cons
frequent changes in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coach. Our community is ready to answer.