Coach Employee Reviews

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2017
Partnered with Store Manager in the daily operations, business strategies as well as selling techniques that contributed to the overall financial results for the company.

Analyzed and communicated global and marketplace trends to the team as to short/long term strategies to enhance personal metrics and store performance goals.

Developed client service strategies to increase the number of customer visits and annual spending.

Managed daily operations, payroll, human resources and loss prevention.
Pros
Will Remain Neutral
Cons
Will Remain Neutral
loved it
associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, INJune 22, 2017
i learned a lot about different purses and the brand that coach is and also learned about the different materials. I loved working there very good hours and compensation.
Pros
discounts
Cons
productive and fun workplace in the store
Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
good environment, I learned how to be a better sales person and teamwork is the most important thing. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other employees.
Pros
good discount
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Coach. I've always loved the product so when I was able to help other people find the love for the product also it was very rewarding. The only set back was it was only seasonal and part-time
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
part time, no break
Ridiculous
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJune 18, 2017
If you like high stress with constant sales pressure, this is the job for you. Nothing is ever good enough. There are two styles of management and everyday is a guessing game. You never know what is going to happen. Very inconsistent, although you must meet your goal everyday .
Pros
Once in a great while you get a bonus, but only the management really gets the top money. Think pyramid scheme
Cons
All sales staff will comment on your clothes, stance and will have a nickname for you.
Fun place but not want to go back there again
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2017
It's very popular brand, but I didn't like that the fact they don't have much detail on their products but logo. Nothing to talk about their products besides its price and the functionality.
Sales Culture was Fun
Seasonal Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 15, 2017
The culture was fun but management made pulled team aside often during sales calls to coach especially during peak-time of customer visits. At the time of employment, they participated in profit-sharing.
Great company, lacks compensation
SENIOR SALES (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 12, 2017
The discount is great and so is the management. However, the pay rates are not what you would expect from such a huge company. They are huge about the customer experience and dedicate most of their efforts into training. You must make your goal or there are consequences.
Great place to work in college
Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 5, 2017
Hours vary based on employment status. Worked well with my college life. Hard to advance. You have to be able to handle multiple positions and be able to deal with all kinds of people.
Fun place to work. Seems hard to advance, though.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 3, 2017
I have learned a lot about salesmanship skills, but I've basically taught myself. I was expecting to be trained, but that hasn't really been my experience. Whenever I have a question about something, instead of getting an answer, I oftentimes get the question thrown back at me. I thought that management was supposed to mentor, train, and guide employees as they work towards advancement. The workplace culture is fine. It can be kind of stressful at times, but I truly enjoy working with customers. Forming relationships with my customers is the highlight of my day. The hardest part of the job for me is when I witness favoritism towards one employee over another, or when I suspect that my sales don't reflect what I believe that I've sold that day. I do feel that there is also a tendency to favor younger employees over older employees, even though the older employees can perform just as well, if not better, than the younger people.
Pros
Great product.
Cons
Favoritism shown by management, ageism, hard to advance
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville floridaJune 2, 2017
if your young and like to work over 40 hours this is a place for you to make money. I was a seasonal worker and the manager was very nice. break time was between 12-100 and than you would take15 minutes twice aday. also easy job stayed busy another job you would not be looking at clock all day.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
not easy task
Great company!
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 31, 2017
Coach Inc. taught me a lot, and has helped me grow in the sales industry. With that said, my work life balance is what made me decide to change paths.
Pros
Monthly Bonuses, Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Work almost all holidays
Great experience and very helpful
Sells Associate (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILMay 30, 2017
I loved working at coach it was a learning and great experience. The atmosphere was amazing it felt like a family. Hopefully I'll be be back at Coach!
Pros
Great team
Cons
The hours
It was a fast paced and fun to work for.
Selling Support (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMay 25, 2017
The culture of the store was molded around the idea of a becoming a leader in the fashion industry, which caused such bizarre choices of style that we were forced to learn to pass along to the customers.

With it's fast paced environment and various customers it was an environment where you would never cease to be amazed by the variety of predicaments that could happen on a daily basis. But this variety of problems caused stress onto the managers who led management to be at times un par with standards that should be the norm in the work environment.
Nice company to work for
Associate Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 25, 2017
Number one priority is always taking care of the customer. I continued to learn things from my store manager and other managers. The benefits package was excellent for someone in my position. I was also fortunate to be part of a great team. The only downside was that there were not many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Hours are reasonable, opportunity for bonus
Cons
Not many opportunities for advancement
Productive with Friendly Staff
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 24, 2017
A typical day working at Coach is productive. There's alot to do not only trying to sell al purse. You have shipment that comes every tuesday and thursday, you have found orders that needs to be packaged up and set out, and you have clientrack this is where you reach out to your customers to check on them to see how there hangbag is holding up for them or to invite them in for a bag cleaning service or to tell them about a sale's event we have going on. The hardest part of my job is trying to get customers in to check out the new handbags we've brought out and set up an appointment with them, most customers are always busy so they don't like giving a time to come in knowing they will not be able to make it . I've learned so much by working at Coach, the background, the craftsmanship, and modern luxury of hosting.
Pros
Long breaks, Friendly staff
Cons
Benefits doesn't apply to part-time asscoaites
Coach is a great company to work for
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CORP CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
Coach is a fast paced company which is a great thing. people on all levels are wiling to teach and guide you on things you need to gain knowledge of. I have learned duties of an analyst although it wasn't in my job duties. for the most part everyone is personable and approachable. the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see the product being produce from the beginning.
Great company
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAMay 22, 2017
I worked here for a short time but was really pleased with the opportunities and culture of the company. They compensate well for their team and are one of few places that have offered all store monthly incentives. It's a nice perk! Really good about proper breaks and scheduling. Work/life balance is that of what's expected in retail. overall great company.
Pros
Compensation, quality of product, good management, good environment, incentives.
Cons
Very very strict with time and attendance, don't have clear expectations on dress code.
A balance between fast paced and slow paced work days
Assistant Manager/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 16, 2017
Coach is a fun place to work with excellent retail training. Not always easy to obtain a management position for long time employees. Some times there is a disconnect between corporate employees and the retail stores.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
No regular work schedule.
Stressful work environment with fun clients
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Uncasville, CTMay 15, 2017
This place is a fast paced environment where you are expected to make your goals. The management team expects for you to meet your goals every single month. If not, your job may be at risk.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coach. Our community is ready to answer.