Coach Employee Reviews

fast paced environment but awesome
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 21, 2017
fast paced environment but awesome place to work for. management is great and makes you feel appreciative. it was fun getting to meet and help people from all over the world.
Great discounts
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2017
Monthly discount list (merchandise from prior session) is a great way to purchase products at a reduced price. Great career advancement opportunities. Retail business is competitive.
Pros
Sample Sales
Okay seasonal job
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAApril 19, 2017
Cool people to meet new people and learned a lot more about purses and the different types of people coming into the store but retail is not for me personally
Pros
Cool work environment
Cons
Hectic
Quick-paced, competitive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 18, 2017
If you like purses and fine Coach product, and even if you don't, you might love working here! You become really close to your coworkers but some of them will end up hating you if you do well. It's a very competitive environment so roll up your sleeves cause you'll be selling REAL HARD. The managers don't let you breathe, you must ALWAYS be talking to a customer or else you get bitched at.
Store manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 18, 2017
Responsible for day to day store operations, people development and
modern luxury sales environment. Maintain company standards and payroll expectations.
Fun Environment to work in
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 18, 2017
A typical day at Coach Inc. consisted on arriving to the store, opening up registers, checking emails and completing paperwork; while at Coach I was the visual merchandise manager; my responsibilities consisted on making sure that the sales floor was full with the correct merchandise and also making sure that shipment and the warehouse were organized and appropriate for other employees to find what they needed and that the store was presentable when higher ups came to visit the store; as the visual merchandise manager I was in charged of creating floor plans following a basic guideline sent by corporate; merchandise on the guideline wasn't always available for our store and that is where imagination and creativity would come into play; management wasn't always on the same page and it appeared like some managers had more responsibility than others making it hard to prioritize and assigns tasks to other managers; the hardest part of my job was working Holidays; most of the time as a manager I was away from home for special Holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Years, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Easter, etc; the most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know people from everywhere in the world; there were customers that would come from China, Japan, Vietnam, Colombia, Brazil, etc. just to purchase at our store and that felt somehow rewarding.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not a set schedule
Pays Well but very biased company to work for
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2017
The pay is well and the benefits are great. Even though it is a Corp job the warehouse and management is run like a very tight family. If you are out with one supervisor you are out with all of them. If you go to HR confidently they will not keep the information confidential which makes the environment difficult to work in.
Fun and Trendy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waikele, HIApril 14, 2017
A typical day at work is always busy due to the foot traffic that we get on a daily with buses. I have mastered my multi tasking skills with a high sense of urgency. The workplace is very clean and very well merchandised. The hardest part of the job is learning the international languages.
Productive, high-paced environment with great internship experience
Product Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2017
I learned a great deal in a short amount of time at Coach. I was able to have Q&A with upper executive management, see retail products built from the "sole" up, collaborate with several different cross functional partners and experience what it is like to do a comprehensive comparative analysis project presented to the COO. All around a great first step into my career path which lead my to my next job at Cole Haan.
Pros
Q&A sessions, learned a lot, new skills (PLM), final project, working in the city
Cons
Long commute, no entry level job openings after internship was over
The customers make the job fun!
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAApril 13, 2017
I worked at Coach for 7 years and 7 months. I enjoyed most of that time. With a few minor improvements and flexibility I would stay with the company until I retired.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
People are friendly and team players There is plenty of room for advancement. There are many classes offered for learning more about the company. Too many emails and meetings that prevent you from getting work done.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Reorganization and job elimination has occurred in past few years.
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2017
Over all good company to work for, great leader ship in place. No much movement for advancement. Great program with training, great with focused on people...
Above Average Soft Sales Retail Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 10, 2017
All around Coach was a pleasant work place with a diverse team both culturally and generationally. Pay was far and Tiered employment status made it easy to balance multiple jobs. Coach also had one of the best break structures of any company i've worked for.
Pros
Bonuses, discounts
Cons
Late hours - (11pm closes)
love it
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 5, 2017
coach is a great place to work and an awesome enviorment to be in! I love the people and also love the product. I recommend working there if you are looking for retail
Innovative and fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 5, 2017
Coach is a great company that stands behind their products and stand on their rich history. Also, Coach truly invests in work life balance and incentive.
Great knowledge of all types of leather
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 3, 2017
Coach is a nice places to work at if you want to bring more knowledgeable about leather and how it's made. Coach will teach you the ends and out of the company.
Package
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2017
Coach warehouse was a place were you unstuff purse and send off purse by the numbers of order to a location to be ship and handle to the buyer at the door by the order
depends on your store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 22, 2017
retail stores are taken way more serious than outlets. Do not treat employees as well as competing brands like Michael Kors or Tory Burch. pay is above minimum wage, but can be challenging to move up.
Pros
will work with your schedule
Excelent team
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 21, 2017
Loved work in a team selling environment. I grew professionally and got lots of confidence building clientele relationships. I was able to develop a group of sales associates to increase sales and prevent operational losses.
Pros
Great environment, flexible schedule, meet new people every day.
Cons
Lack of role clarity for the position; work most all Sundays.
fast paced, constantly changing
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHMarch 17, 2017
working at coach was a fun experience but like any job it was also stressful. things there are constantly changing and people come and go. the managers for the most part were friendly and the associates were decently reliable. overall it was a good job.
Cons
moving up in the company isnt really a huge possibilitie, not many raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coach. Our community is ready to answer.