Coach Employee Reviews

Culture depends on the team you work on
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for Coach and worked on different teams over the years. The work/life balance really depends on your boss and team as each department is managed differently.

The company is going through large structural changes so job security is not as good as it used to be.

A new Creative Director has refreshed the product but other changes are hurting the company culture and employee happiness.
Pros
new office building, great product
Cons
work life balance on some teams, job security
Great Experince
Assistant Planner- Global Merchandise Planning (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2016
I worked at Coach as an independent contractor. It was a great experience and the location is gorgeous as their now in a new building! The work was tedious and could've been challenging but overall I enjoyed my team.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 8, 2016
Amazing. Great place to work. Great work life balance. Great compensation. Overall a wonderful environment to work in
Good Company but has lost focus of core customer
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
Great company that has a very strong culture of providing feedback and helping to make things better, but management does not act on the feedback given about what customers want or what competition is doing that is making Coach fall behind in sales.
Overall Positive Experience
SALES FLOOR MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOJuly 2, 2016
Great job. Due to slow traffic, most of the Coach sales team was very gossipy, but nonetheless everyone was very productive. Awesome pay, benefits, and DISCOUNT.
Great Discounts on merchanside
Merchandise Floater (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJune 29, 2016
great place to work. granted i work in 2008 but at the time it had benefits, 401k etc. They treated there employees fairly an they paid great at the time
Great place to work and have a flexible schedule
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2016
I loved my time at Coach. Coworkers were supportive and displayed great team work. They were understanding with scheduling and trying to give requested time off. Being as they are open later then most, shifts were pretty flexible.
Pros
positive environment, great coworkers/management
Cons
some late nights
Coach
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 27, 2016
Very understanding management team. Flexible. The culture at coach is very interesting. Also have many chances to better yourself as an employee with the help of a great staff.
Very Corporate
Product Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2016
Very corporate environment. Great for a first job out of college. Hard to advance, and lots of red tape to go through to get anything done.
A nice environment with a modern luxury feel.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJune 16, 2016
I enjoy working at this job. My co-workers are very friendly and welcoming. Although overwhelming at times, the customers are easy to work with and are often very friendly. I wish I was able to get more hours and had benefits like sick days and personal time.
Easy job made so hard!
Asst Mgr (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 13, 2016
Drudgery trying to get the information needed to do your job. Managers who don't bother to show up to important meetings and later are incensed about people not being on the same page. If you lack personality and feel you need someone to tell you how to dress and stand this could be your dream job. Negative experience!
Pros
401 K, Medical, Dental
Dynamic work environment with friendly employees
Assistant Manager (Seasonal)/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 8, 2016
My time at Coach has been incredible. I've been able to see the company go through massive changes in size, leadership, and popularity. Its products, history, and culture will always remain the same though. I'm happy to have been a part of the team.
High volume workplace
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
A typical day at Coach outlet deals with a high volume of customers. Us associates learned how to communicate effectively in order to provide excellent customer service to keep up with the fast pace milieu. With management support, we are able to stay on track of the responsibilities we have daily. The most challenging part of the job is communicating with foreign customers with language other than English. On the bright side, it also interest me to learn new language which means new ability to further improve my communication skills.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling
Inconsistent shifts, poor work/life balance -Great discounts
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIJune 4, 2016
First of all; If you enjoy the retail industry then you may disagree with what I list as cons. Also, if you enjoy shopping this may not be the best place to work if you have poor impulse control and like nice things.

A typical shift consists of going through the conversational motions with every customer who walks into your section and trying to sell them on a bag (preferably with a wallet), then you could be cashiering and running through the company's 7 service commitments. These totems keep the Coach experience consistent and meaningful to the customer. Quite possibly you could also be tasked with unpacking product or replenishing on the floor. The nice thing is, typically, your jobs and positions will change hourly. Unless you're good at cashiering (i.e. you can run the computer well) then you'll be cashier for the majority of your shift.

Shifts are all over the place because all associates are listed in various degrees of part-time with caps on the amount of hours they can be scheduled. This can result in being scheduled 0 hours one week and up to your limit the next. The variance in shifts and hours scheduled make having a work/life balance difficult as well as holding down a second job (unless your hour cap is low). Planning events ahead of time can be very difficult as you won't know it's approved until as late as a week beforehand.

Turnover is high, because of seasonal hires and the general fluidity of retail. But the people who get hired are generally very conversational and easy to work with -which is honestly the best part of the job. However, clients
  more... are generally very difficult. The clientele ranges from pampered tourists to people who've decided this bag will be their major purchase for the year. The few customers who are polite, genuinely excited to be there and friendly are gems and help to make the days feel worthwhile.

The employee discount is very good and the product is well made. It makes it very easy to believe in what you're selling. It also makes it far too tempting to buy the product.

Also, there is a dress code and employees are responsible for purchasing their dress code adherent garments out of pocket.
Pros
Great co-workers, variety of tasks, employee discount
Cons
Inconsistent scheduling, poor work/life balance
Exciting, fashion forward place to work
Assistant Manager- Coach (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 1, 2016
With this company I learned how to become a personable seller. Clienteling was key with the growth and health of the company. We had to be able to sell to anyone who walked through the door. I had an amazing management team who never hesitated to help you with coaching and developing your talents. The hardest part of the job was meeting the extremely hi sales goals set to us by our district manager, but being super competitive I saw this as a challenge. I was able to not only meet these goals but exceed them. Coach was an amazing company to work for, and I do not think that I could possibly pin point one specific thing that was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Great discounts and incentive programs
Current employee
Coordinator, HR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 26, 2016
Great place to work. Staff very friendly. Facility is air conditioned and always clean. Love the people and the hours. Typical day is very very busy
Na
HR Business Partner- Global Ops & Corp Functions (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2016
recent company restructure, more than 10% of staff laied off in search of new venture. A lot of sr leadership was effected but there was changes across the entire organization and on a global scale
Pros
friendly counterparts
Cons
restructure limits growth
can be very busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 17, 2016
Very busy during the holidays when I worked there. Stayed at work to three am sometimes to replinish and recover the floor. Tuesdays were the longest because we have to redo the whole store.
Terrible manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2016
Overall my experience was not great. I was hired on and knew the expectations but, with so much management turnaround it was a mess. The last manager to take over would never show up, giving lame excuses as to why she could not be there; this left a heavy burden on the rest of the team. The district manager was bond to it all and when complaints were made they laughed and we were treated about our jobs using explicit words. So... We left. Terrible location to work.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Upper management, long hours, holidays
good from far but far from good
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 14, 2016
No consistency in policy and it makes it difficult to work for a company that is struggling to comp.They do not award their top associates well and expect a lot for little to no compensation