Coach Employee Reviews in United States

N/a
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2015
Working at Coach has helped me determine that the world is NEVER black and white; only gray. That about sums things up, for me.
Fun and serious at the same time
Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, MNSeptember 22, 2015
I loved working here. The only problems I had at Coach was that it was leaving. It was not a permanent store. I did stay til the end.
Pros
discounts
Cons
stuck up people
n/a
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Gonzales, LAOctober 16, 2015
I have no comment at this time about coach. Its a good job if you need to work while you or in school. They will work around your school schedule.
Used to be a good place to work
Technology Department Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2015
Coach used to be a great place to work 5 years ago. Today with the poor company performance and managements attitude towards employees I would stay away. The company has a small Technology department where everyone is like family but more and more family members are getting cut each day to satisfy wall street and increase top executive bonuses. If you want to move forward with you career this place is not for you. Avoid at all costs. This company may even get sold within the next 2-5 years. Each and every quarter for the last 2 years they have lost more and more money.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
No Job Security, Management doesn't see employees as an asset, mediorcirty is rewarded and hard work is ignored.
Fun place to work
Sr. Analyst (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 17, 2015
Coach is very family oriented company with lot of flexibilities. Good work/Life balance, co-operative staff, best management.
Pros
nice discount, employee sales
Cons
lack of training for new hires.
Coach is one of the best companies to work for
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 24, 2015
A typical day starts with Opening Procedures , daily schedule
and corporate emails set the day sets the day for management and team
Once doors are open for business Customers ALWAYS come first !!!
Down time is filled with product knowledge and keeping floor fully stocked and clean
Social networking, keeping in touch with clients and inviting them for newest product lines and special requests
Coach is one of the best Companies to work for !!!
Great place to work enjoyed other associates and interaction with customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHApril 15, 2015
Greet customers
Ask lifestyle questions
Find out whom they are shopping for
Show product features and benefits
Get the customer to touch the product
Ask if there is anything else they are interested in
Ring up purchases
Wrap purchase and place in their hands
Ask them to come back in again
input information in computer for future purchases
Pros
great customers and products
Cons
store closed
Worst Manager in the Birch Run location.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIApril 20, 2015
the culture there is weasel your way to the top. all politics and who you are cool with. absolutely nothing to do with how hard you actually work. cheating and stealing sales is ok and overlooked if you are a top seller. management would do it as well. as long as you had good numbers, you were untouchable. would not recommend unless you are ok with stepping over anyone to get to the top.
very energetic work place, great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAApril 11, 2015
This is the busiest and most profitable store in the world. Hours are long and very hard. Selling the product sold its self pretty much. Very easy job in regards to selling.

Management is typical retail. Always micro managing.

Best part of job was my co-workers and new life friends I met along the way.

Hardest part of job is the hours and no time off, no holidays or weekends and lack of consideration for time needed off.

Co workers are well trained and extremely knowledgeable with product and daily business needs of business.
Pros
busy, professional co workers, well trained staff and great benefits.
Cons
too long of hours, worked too many days a week. No holiday days off or weekends.
I enjoyed working at coach and the people I worked with.
Sales Consulatant (Former Employee) –  Darien GeorgiaJune 23, 2015
I am sad that my experience with Coach ended. The reason I left coach is because the store closed and it was to far for me to travel to the next available store.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and bonus opportunties
Producitve and Exciting place to work
PT-1 Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 10, 2015
Being able to interact with people from all walks of life was the highlight of each day I went into work. I learned lots of patience and understanding from individuals I considered to be life teachers. The management was not all that great, but when the appropriate effort was put in, things ran smoothly.
Great!
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 24, 2015
Coach is a fast paced environment where you can gain experience in the retail world. Working with customers one on one and creating a memorable experience is a must to succeeding with this company.
Very Tasty and Busy
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVAugust 8, 2015
Such a wonderful place to work at. Never was bored, or tired, something always kept you on your feet! FUN place to be at at all times
Pros
Fun, Busy
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJuly 29, 2015
Enjoyed working at Coach and its a fantastic company. Was sad to have to leave the company. The majority of my coworkers were a blast to work with and we had a great time.
Productive, yet fun workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2015
I had a great experience working for Coach. The culture and employees made it an awesome work environment. I would welcome the opportunity to go back.
Pros
Summer Fridays, get off at 1.
Cons
Not much flexibility as far as work hours
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GrandvilleApril 23, 2015
Pay was decent for an undergrad student. Advancement opportunities weren't in abundance. Management was great! My immediate supervisor was the best! The hardest part of the job was standing for prolonged periods of time. The team was fun and supportive!
Pros
Coach Bucks...gifts
Cons
Not enough advancement opportunities.
very professional.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  cypressMay 30, 2015
Start off by clocking in greeting all co working politely and with respect and checking in with bosses and making sure the day is good to go for me. Go out to Greet and help all customers to the fullest find there needs and direct them to where they need to be at. lifting heavy loads in the back of the store for shipment day. I have learned many things from my job such as self respect and to be very independent along with much more. I enjoy this job to the fullest. I learned something new every day. That would be the hard part to me but i enjoy that because i am learning. My Management is great and very flexible and easy to work with. They understand you as you understand them and they treat you with respect as if you would treat them with the same if more respect. I treat my Management with extreme respect as to all people they deserve it even if they are not being polite i still will be calm and treat a person with care and respect. Its my core Values and just morels to do!
Pros
break.
Cons
nothing.
It was good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2015
It was good. I was there for a while and I enjoyed it. It was in a clean environment and it gave me lots of experience in a warehouse environment.
Typical day
Business Analyst Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2016
• Functioned as a primary bridge between the business, operations, and the technical team throughout the project cycle
• Involved in understanding of existing business processes and existing systems.
• Created As-Is Business Process Models using MS Visio
• Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with Business Clients to identify business rules, functional and non-functional requirements
• Implemented a hybrid of Waterfall and Agile.
• Designed wire frames and activity diagrams using MS Visio to outline the “To-Be” screens and “To-Be” processes
• Managed the application support product backlog using Rally.
• Conducted Monthly Business Prioritization meetings with the stakeholders identify features to be scheduled for the upcoming release.
• Documented User Story using Rally to detail the business need.
• Conducted weekly sprint planning meeting with the developers and quality assurance analysts to review user story, assign story points and assign cards to a respective sprint.
• Conducted Weekly Sprint Review meeting with the stakeholder to demonstrate the features developed during the current sprint.
• Documented Test Cases for every sprint based on the acceptance criteria in Rally.
• Conducted Manual Testing every sprint.
• Coordinated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on a monthly basis.
• Documented release notes for every release to demonstrate the features implemented for the respective release.
Poor Management/Teamleaders
Wholesale Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 10, 2015
Prime example of bullies in the workplace. The work environment was hostile and unbearable to properly function. Rude, disrespectful, insulting behavior from team leaders and management was excused and overlooked by senior leaders and HR personnel. Little training and high expectations were the norm. I would never recommend this company as a place to work. Several other coworkers (including myself) have had to be placed on medication in order to function day-to-day on this job due to stress. The only benefit to working at Coach was the sales on product. However, discounted purses and shoes will never compensate for my declining health. It just isn't worth it! Now that I no longer work there, I have not been on any medication and my health is starting to improve.
Pros
Discount on product
Cons
Poor leadership, hostile work environment, bullies for management