Coachella Valley Water District Employee Review

View all Coachella Valley Water District reviews

Productive, Reliable and Fun Company!!
Accountinng and Payroll (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAJune 7, 2012
I started as a temporary employee working in the Accounting Dept and then was transferred (in the same hallway 2 doors down) to Human Resources/Payroll. I cannot tell you what a privelage it was to work there with some of the best people I have ever met and worked with!! It is like one big happy family!! I would love to work there again!! The only downside was I had been there for a year and had applied directly to CVWD to work there! I was about 1 week away and the person that left on leave, decided at the last minute to come back to the company!! So, I had to leave. Broke my heart! Made some real good friends and loved working there!!
Pros
weekly luncheons, field trips

Other Coachella Valley Water District Employee Reviews

Friendly co-workers, poor morale
Wastewater Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 1, 2017
Most of my co-workers are good people, but the attitude of higher grades = less work doesn't fly with me. Management has allowed this negative attitude because everyone who is in management/supervision moved up the ranks together and never made a point to move beyond friendships. The poor morale is also due to the fact that the district has stopped granting merit increases, so no one really cares about how much is taught to the new employees.
Pros
Small plant, combined lunch and breaks
Cons
No merit increases, poor morale, sloppy co-workers
Great place to work. Great benefits.
Board Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day at work like a movie production. My job was to produce a board meeting, rain or shine, no matter what other mishaps where happening.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing that everything ran smoothly during the board meeting.
Pros
Family environment with co-workers, great benefits with retirement
Cons
No cons, spent 33 years there