Coalition Technologies Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Virtual Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2015
a very friendly environment, great management and a great team spirit. Personal development plans were in place to help advance the skills of employees.
Trustworthy Company with Good Communication
Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2015
As a copywriter, clarity in communication is of paramount importance. In my experience with Coalition Technologies, I have especially valued the straightforward, friendly, transparent communication that can be relied upon from superiors in all interactions.

The company offers bonuses for outstanding performance, and maintains a high standard of excellence in all assignments. I have found Coalition Technologies to be efficient and professional, but always very human and accessible. Without exception, my experience with this company has been very positive.
Pros
Clear, consistent communication; encouraging work environment
Consistent and Enjoyable Work with Excellent Co-Workers
Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 21, 2015
I have been writing for Coalition Technologies for going on two years now. Because I work from home, I cannot comment on the actual work environment, but everyone I have corresponded with through email has been exceptionally friendly and helpful.

You can tell that the staff takes pride in the work they do. Writers are given incentives for excellent work, and the company seems to really push for quality over quantity, which is rare in the world of SEO.

I enjoy this job because Coalition works with a diverse group of clients that provide interesting work, which means I rarely have to worry about getting bored writing about the same old stale topics.

In short, I am proud to work for Coalition, and I would highly recommend this position to anyone who may have had poor experiences with other SEO companies/content mills that treat writers like machines instead of people.
Pros
Consistent work, friendly staff, varied topics
Cons
n/a
Great Place to Freelance
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 18, 2015
I'm a freelance writer who has been working for Coalition Technologies for about two years. I really enjoy the job! I work remotely, so I've never been into the office, but everyone I've worked with has been nothing but friendly and uber professional. The work is really interesting too, which always makes it easier to write!
Easy-Going Work with Supportive Coworkers
Writer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CaliforniaJuly 17, 2015
I've been doing freelance writing work with Coalition for about 2 years now. This is a remote job, so I don't have much to say about the working environment, but everyone I've corresponded with via email has been incredibly friendly and supportive, and they've made the writing experience that much more pleasant. It is always nice to have a job where everyone is easy to get along with.

The work has been fairly regular, and every week I receive all of the information I need regarding that week's workload on a detailed spreadsheet. Everyone has always worked with the schedule I've requested with no problems, and the workflow is generally streamlined and frictionless.

I've learned plenty about content and SEO writing, and have picked up interesting tidbits from all of the different companies I've researched to do the writing for. For a freelance writer, this is a flexible, low-stress writing job that provides a dependable stream of income, and the coworkers, managers, and editors are friendly and easy-going, making this a good writing gig.
Pros
Flexible hours, supportive coworkers.
Cons
Freelance pay, occasional vague objectives.
Great place to get started
Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2015
You get to learn a lot from the many talented people that surrounds you. Everyone works very closely together. If you like working for a company with that start up feel to it, this is a good candidate. When I say start up feel, I mean it has the benefits of a start up such as fast pace environment, more responsibilities and getting promoted faster.
Pros
Free stocked kitchen; fast paced environment; fun events
Good Environment
Digital Strategist/ Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 22, 2013
Typical day at work is fast paced, with extreme micro management from CEO.
Exciting Company, Amazing People, Fun Projects
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 7, 2013
As graphic designer I'm always wanting to work on new things and keep up to date. That's one thing I love about working here, there's always a new client to work with and a new designing challenge, and for cool companies! Also coming from being a freelance designer it's SO nice working with other people so I can interact with the client but I don't have to worry about EVERYTHING I can just focus on what I'm good at. The people here are a lot of fun and great at what they do - it's a good team environment. It's also fun being part of a company that's constantly growing and doing really well. It makes me feel secure in my job and it's also nice not being the one to have to go find those clients ;-) They're also really great about rewarding and recognizing hard work, and the management is always open to suggestions and ideas. I feel like coalition has moved beyond the initial 'start-up' phase and had really hit a great stride with work and clients and is only growing. An exciting place to be!
Pros
Healthcare Benefits, People, Free Healthy Snacks, Gym Membership, Free Friday Lunch, Fun Activities, Fun Clients/Projects, latest equipment & programs
By Far the Best Job I Have Ever Had!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Marina Del ReyMay 20, 2013
I have been in the workforce for nearly a decade, I have worked for a fortune 500 company, a small business and started my own company. I can honestly say after doing all three I have finally found my perfect match.

Working for here has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life and I feel that I have really found a home here. We have been growing exponentially as a direct result of the quality service we are able to provide. One of the most reoccurring themes I hear from clients is how much they are impressed by our professionalism. Supplement that with our results oriented team and you have a recipe for success. It is also why many of our current clients continue to refer us more business.

Overall the team is amazing to work with. Everybody gets along and enjoys interacting with each other. Atmosphere is casual with a fast pace startup mentality. I attribute the quality of the team to the stringent hiring practices and the unique skills tests required during the hiring process. It gives you a sense of pride to be apart of the team as you know only the best and brightest sit beside you.

The benefits get better each year and look forward to what is in the pipeline for the future. I anticipate eventually we will have one of the best benefits packages out there as part of management's commitment to making this an attractive place to work.

I will say once you are on the team you feel compelled to give everything you have to the company. But be careful, you may find yourself working in your personal time as a result of your commitment and devotion to the
  more... team. I love what I do and want us to the best, which is why I find myself quite often working in my free time. I love what I do so much that I can honestly say that my job is also my hobby. I look forward to being part of this team for years to come.

Pros
Excellent Benefits, Monthly Events, Learning Environment, Great Team, Basketball Team, Friday Lunches and Amazing Commute
Challenging and Fun, Great Career Opportunity
Director (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesMay 9, 2013
Fast paced and often challenging, the Company has created an excellent environment for learning and career development. The Company is focused on having satisfied customers and high quality results. The importance of employee happiness and satisfaction is factored into this equation.

The team is very tight knit; filled with talented and hard working folks. Actually enjoy hanging out with team members inside and outside of work. Very selective hiring process contributes to engaging and positive culture.
Pros
Stocked healthy snacks, emphasis on employee well being, exceptional team dynamic
Great company, knowledgeable and amazing team
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles May 1, 2013
Great company, knowledgeable and amazing team
The company is fairly young, but it feels like it has been around for a while. The co-workers are experts in their fields. If there is a problem that needs solving, there is definitely someone that knows the answer.
Even though, I’ve been doing my line of work for over 7 years, I’ve learned a lot in a very short period of time. If you want to learn a skill or refine your current skill set, the Coalition is definitely right for you.

Overall, working for CT has been extremely rewarding in every aspect.
Pros
team, work
Fast Paced. Aggressive. Fun.
SEO Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marina Del ReyApril 22, 2013
This is a very aggressively growing web design and marketing agency in Marina Del Rey. While I was there it grew from about 10 people to about 30 and seemed to be holding the pace pretty well.

I worked on the SEO team for around 9 months before I moved to the east coast to be closer to family. Overall, the work experience was very valuable. A lot of focus on perks and extracurricular benefits beyond the norm. The CEO really was hoping to create more of a team mindset with everyone on board so a lot of the fun things that made the place great were atypical- Friday lunches, quarterly nights out (comedy shows, music, dinner, sports games).

I got to wear a lot of hats and learn a lot of different things about several industries and work with a big group of clients. Overall very cool.
Pros
friday lunches, healthy lifestyle focus, people
Cons
busy
Very Challenging Startup Environment
Web Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2012
Coalition is not for the faint hearted. That's probably the needed opener. It really is a tough job and a very challenging industry.

I'm in web design there now. The CEO pushes you a lot. And when you think you're on top of it, he pushes you some more. I'm not sure there is a level where you stop getting pushed, but hey, it keeps me on top of my game and I feel like if I ever leave, I've got some unique experience.

Coaliton has an interesting product offering (integrated web design and marketing as a single strategy / expertise) so if you're a web designer you need to learn a helluva lot about SEO / PPC / email / social marketing. If you already have that down, he's going to make you learn a lot about web design.

The team there is pretty cool- very laid back and all pretty excited about what you're doing. Everyone works in a common area so there is a lot of back and forth and chatting during the day.

As previous reviewer mentioned there is no traditional benefits. I've heard that they are coming, but they haven't arrived yet.

They do pay for Crossfit and in office food, and quarterly events (Lakers games kind of a typical example) as extras, but not sure that beats health insurance.

I guess, if you're delicate or sensitive, you probably shouldn't work here. If you would rather just disappear into the basement with your special red Stapler, you probably shouldn't work here. If you would rather just find a big company where you can kind of fade into the background, then you probably shouldn't work here.

If you are really interested in where the web is going, if you want
  more... to learn more about marketing online, or if you're just up for a challenge in a startup, then it could work.  less
Pros
free lunches, crossfit membership, lakers games, events, outings
Cons
no benefits, startup environment (long hours, high expectations)
Great employees
Front End Designer/Developer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2012
Employees are great, great customer service, and interactions with clients
Cons
no healthcare, no benefits