Summary: These positions manage the Metro Louisville Single Point of Entry through phone and in person by entering data and approving new persons for homeless services community-wide.
Reports to: Single Point of Entry Project Manager
Direct Reports: None
Classification: Part-Time Hourly (Including Weekends)
Minimum Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Humanities, Social Work, or a related field or two years experience in social services. Staff must have familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point systems. Familiarity with the Homeless Management Information System Database (HMIS) is preferred, but not required. Training on database will be provided. Staff must have ability to work with diverse groups. Staff must have customer service experience. Staff must have excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
Salary: $ 12-15 an hour
Available hours: 20-30 a week
Number of positions: 3 (potentially)
Closing Date: December 15th, 2012
1) Work with persons calling or presenting at the Single Point of Entry to verify homelessness, create a Single Point of Entry card and enter data into HMIS system.
2) Access written entry forms from shelters daily and enter into HMIS system.
3) Check all shelter reservations daily and update as needed in HMIS system.
4) Make appropriate referrals to homeless prevention services.
5) Make bed reservations for newly homeless through HMIS system.
6) Complete daily check list to insure data is maintained appropriately and accurately.
7) Participate in training of shelters in Single Point of Entry system.
8) Maintain list of barred clients that cannot be serviced at particular shelters.
9) Run HMIS reports as needed