COARC Employee Reviews

Wouldn't Recommend.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYOctober 10, 2017
Horrible, stressful, toxic environment. Don't make decent money unless you're in an upper management position. And oh, good luck getting there! Management is unprofessional and corrupt. Demanding work for LOW PAY. The only good thing I can say is, you meet wonderful individuals that you will remember for a lifetime. If you desire to work with individuals with DD, find a different agency.
Pros
Pto, decent insurance.
Cons
Pretty much everything
Pass medications and assist individuals with everyday living skills
Guide the individuals (Current Employee) –  Mellenville, NYAugust 14, 2017
A typical day for me at work is starting my at 4pm greet everyone at the house, start dinner with my clients that is only if they choose to assist, I assist my clients with their household chores, showers (in assistance is needed) and I also administer their medication. The hardest part of my job would be to try to accommodate everyone with things that they would like to do for that day and the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing everyone's smile when they achieved a goal or when I am able to accommodate everyone.
Productive workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Valatie, NYJuly 14, 2017
I liked working at Coarc. I learned more there than I ever have at any other job. The staff there encouraged openness and learning and was very friendly and positive .
Great individuals poor pay
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Mellenville, NYJuly 4, 2017
Everyday was different at Coarc. Management is very political and it's all about who you know. They pay is horrible compared to expectations. Trainings are long and tedious. Nice going out to eat and movies for free.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Low pay
Productive Workplace with open possibilities to move up in the company
Assistant IRA Manager (Current Employee) –  Germantown, NYMay 15, 2017
I am treated very well as an employee from my employees, management and administration. COARC is a very supportive agency to work for if you are seeking to help others while building your resume.
Pros
Friendly environment, good job security
Cons
Pay is not very high
A beautiful job only because of the people whom I cared for.
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  Copake, NYJanuary 2, 2017
COARC was a wonderful experience for me as a young man simply because of the residents whom I was honored to care for. The structure of the organization however was a little disorganized and even a bit rudderless. I miss my residents but perhaps not the uncertainty of management.
Helping others help themselves
Employment Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mellenville, NYOctober 21, 2015
Helping others to survive in a world they are not at there best. To see them prosper is payment to them to become equal. in a society that has become so diverse
Pros
Helping the less fortunate
Cons
Not being to help them all
Productive with goal driven missions and outcomes
Article 16 Clinic Coordinator, QP (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYOctober 15, 2015
A great company to work for. Provided staff with great training opportunities as well as a good benefit package. Management had open door policies and was very giving with incentives to its staff.
After 21 years of service it was a very sad day with I left to relocate to another state.
This company was very motivated to participate in community events and give back to the community that provided support with their mission and goals in working with individuals with disabilities.
Enjoyed working with individuals...
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Mellenville, NYJuly 15, 2015
Assisting the individuals was a rewarding experience and watching them grow and develop made me feel good. However, lack of funding/ budget cuts severally diminished the ability to provide the best care possible. Restrictions and contradictions to protocol affected overall success and did not allow for improvement within the company. Individuals suffered as well.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
changes to company, lack of development possibilities
enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mellenville, NYJune 18, 2015
A typical day consists of assisting the individuals with daily routines, ledger and pulling money, It is enjoyable to work with open minded individuals and co workers. The hardest part of the job is disiplanary actions towards co workers.
My Review
Nurses Aide (Former Employee) –  Valatie, NYMay 9, 2015
Working for Coarc I had never expected that I would meet so many awesome people at work in the Coarc programs. I have had fantastic experiences with so many of the individuals that I have worked for; from personal shopping with the individuals we serve in residential home to working the day program at Evergreen Hall.

I have had the pleasure of witnessing amazing growth and change in the individuals we serve. I didn't think of my employment as a job but as an opportunity to experience something new and different each day.

“There is nothing like the feeling you get when helping someone achieve a goal or overcome an obstacle. I have been told I have a heart of gold. I smile because I know it's only because my heart has been touched by all the people I worked with.

I worked as a nurses aide at Coarc for 6 yrs, and learned so much. Medical certification and skip training.
Employment Trainer Review
Employment Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hudson, NYDecember 2, 2014
Working in the Supported Employment field has been both exciting and innovative. There is something new to look forward to each and every day. Having the ability to assist individuals in fostering their career growth, employment goals, and self-esteem has been truly rewarding.
The most enjoyable part of my work is being able to see the growth of each and every individual, and the confidence that blossoms within each person.
good benefits, good co workers
Habilitation counselor, and bus aid (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYMarch 3, 2014
A typical day @ coarc is busy, challenging. I learned a lot about how wonderful people can be. Management lets people down with bad communication. Co workers awesome. Hardest part of the job is lack of training, and communication, and time constraints. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the clients.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Wonderful Place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NYJanuary 10, 2014
Working at my previous job was a very satisfying experience. Great People with wonderful attitudes.
Everyone works under your license.
Residential RN - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Mellenville, NYOctober 22, 2013
Was told one story to get me to accept the job, all changed once started job. Too little money for the actual job.
Pros
Clients were great!
Cons
License at risk.
Loved working with different individuals
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Mellenville, NYJanuary 5, 2013
I enjoyed working for COARC, I am a friendly person and am all about the people I help. I made many close friends with my consumers. Which I was told we were not to get to close and friendly with them, but some of them had no family and just needed to be listened to most of the time.
Pros
the hours, felt needed, enjoyed it when one would be struggling with something and get it right with my assistance, and the look on them that yes they can do it.
Cons
adminisration did not want you to treat them as anything but consumers and not be too friendly
Very good employer providing person centered services.
Residential Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson, New YorkJanuary 24, 2012
COARC is a Human Service Agency located in Hudson, New York. COARC provides Residential, Day Habilitation, Service Coordination and Community Services to adult individuals with developmental disabilities. A very good employer as well as being very good to the individuals served by COARC.
Pros
good working environment, great co-workers, great individulas served by coarc.
Cons
large work loads.