Coast Plaza Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Not the best work environment
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 19, 2016
This is probably one of the worst healthcare facilities I have ever seen. Attention to customers(patients) is horrible, it's not the cleanest, and nurses are usually rude.
The environment makes one as an employee feel uncomfortable since the managers/directors don't even greet us in the mornings.
Salaries do not come close to matching the work load.
We are always short-handed and nobody ever wants to help.
Cons
Stuffy old offices, very low wages, rude coworkers, equipment falling apart
Needs adequate staff and increase salary
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJanuary 20, 2016
The hospital needs to meet the demands of the personnel by providing adequate staff in the nursing units.They need to increase the salary of staff in compensation for the very stressful hospital environment.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
lowest paid compared to other hospital.
great place to start
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMay 18, 2016
its a small but busy hospital all about advancing your healthcare career but teaching and helping you grow as a person. it was also very family oriented.
An excellent small company to work for
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CADecember 6, 2012
My work starts at 5am. In this company I had the opportunity to work in a hospital, I had a very good working relationship with my management and coworkers, theyre very supportive and we have an excellent teamwork. I dont think theres a hard part on the job because every thing is very organized. The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork and the camaraderie of all people in the whole hospital
Pros
people are nice and well managed company
Fun workplace, co-workers are like family.
Radiology Lead Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 30, 2014
Overall, Coast Plaza Hospital has been a great place to work at due to nice employees, management is great!!! they work with you if you to juggle a job and school. Small hospital but service is fantastic.....
Pros
nice employees, cheap lunch prices in the cafeteria, and great management.
Cons
small, no room for growth
A place to learn and grow.
Phlebotomist, Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMarch 11, 2013
Coast Plaza Hospital taught me my first experience as a phlebotomist, I learned how to work in a lab in a hospital. Typically you perform venipunctures on 20- 25 patients at least on patients of all ages per shift, centrifuge samples, alloquate as per requirement,send out special tests not performed inhouse, perform micro tests on other samples (urine, stool, nasal swabs, etc).We work as a team usually with another lab assistant, also attend to Emergency room calls,keeping very busy almost 90% of all times. I enjoy my work and being a part of the team. I have learnt a lot and gained considerable experience while working there.
Pros
free coffee.
Cons
2 short breaks.
Family Oriented Hospital
Radiologic Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAAugust 22, 2014
- 6 am morning portables
- worked in ER, ICU and throughout the hospital
-trained a lot in CT
-friendly staff made me feel very welcome
-most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work in CT (I really want to get my CT license)
Pros
free lunches (for students)
Cons
sometimes it got really slow
Productive and great experience
Unit (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAFebruary 4, 2013
I would maintain all charts and send in labs, i learned to have patients and work well under high volume of things that needed to be done and pressure. I enjoyed the experience of working in a hospital and wouldnt mind working at another one again.
Pros
great experience
Cons
temporary job
Unstable
Clinical Educator/Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 27, 2014
Very chaotic environment with no real leadership. Physician-centric environment with no nursing autonomy.

Coast Plaza Hospital Reviews by Location