Coastal Carolina Community College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 20, 2017
I really enjoyed my time working for Coastal. It had a great small community feel to the campus.
I cannot say anything negative about my time at Coastal. I would highly recommend working there. The work culture is great.
Pros
small town feel
Cons
limited schedules / opportunities
Wonderful
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 19, 2017
Working at Coastal Carolina Community College is a wonderful learning experience. Everything usually goes with the flow and is very calming. Other employees are very helpful.
Pros
Free hair care, a gym.
Cons
payday is at the end of the month.
College Staff (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 14, 2017
Great work-life balance. Staff and Faculty are pleasant and easy going. There are always projects that are going on so you are always learning and experiencing new things.
fast paced
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCApril 26, 2017
I worked at the satellite office on Camp Lejeune. I liked working with the military. There was little supervision, but everyone was very helpful. This was a busy place to work.
Pros
working with the military
Cons
very busy
Coatal Carolina
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 24, 2017
I really did love working here! The people I work both for and with were amazing! Our department was a true team in every sense. Had we not moved, I'd still be there.
Excellent place to work
Surveillance Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 20, 2017
There is no typical day in the security field, but I can always count on my team. Any issues are addressed with due diligence. CCCC is incredibly family friendly, as well.
It was good to help others as well as myself
PASS Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 15, 2017
This position helped current biology students learn more effective study habits in order to pass the course. In order to qualify for the position, you have to pass the class already with an A grade.

In the sessions, we when over texts, notes, and I helped students find other ways to study and think outside the box. All of the students who opted to come to my sessions passed their course.
Pros
Helping others, getting to know the faculty
Cons
Low pay (because it was a student job with minimal hours)
Productive and rewarding work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 21, 2016
Productive and rewarding work to communicate with other educators and teach and learn their perspective on educational strategies
Pros
Interesting people
Cons
Not enough hours of work available
Great Place to Learn
Full-Time College Student (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCAugust 7, 2016
The professors are amazing and are always there to help you whenever you need it. At CCCC they want you to succeed and believe in the beauty of your dreams and accomplish more than what you would have ever believed possible.
Gained a lot of experience and met a lot of nice people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 12, 2016
I learned a lot working as a receptionist at the college. I learned more about working with students and I was always learning something new about the college. I was glad that I got to meet new people and I really enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was down time when no one came in and I had to keep myself busy.
Great Community College
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 14, 2016
Coastal Carolina offered a full range of literature and comp classes for students from all walks of life. I loved teaching there and the relationships I built with my students.
Pros
parking for instructors, class sizes, and flexible curriculum
Cons
very small space for adjuncts without an office.
Good environment to build leadership and teaching skills
EMS Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 21, 2016
Work days were typically very easy but attention to detail and listening skills were key as those helped to ensure that students were performing medical procedures and applying/administering medications correctly. I thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of success when past students would return to tell us that they had passed their state exam and earned their certification as an EMT. Hardest part of the job was having to tell students that they would no longer be able to continue the class due to failing scores (fail rates were high because students had to maintain an 80% or higher to proceed through the course).I learned listening skills, attention to detail and leadership from this job.
Pros
sense of accomplishment when students are successful
Cons
not enough hours at all
Had fun while also learning
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 23, 2015
What I enjoyed most at Coastal Carolina Community College was meeting great people, great teachers and having fun while learning.
Great experience
Assistant Instructor, French (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 14, 2015
I enjoyed working here in the interim. My only regret is that this was not a longer contract as it was a temporary position.
fulfilling learning experience
Work Study - Career Center (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville North CarolinaJune 23, 2015
Work study in the Career Center is a relaxing, yet fast paced environment, that provides me the opportunity to learn the many different ways to find jobs / careers, work with other students, and those in the community to write resumes, cover letters, and help with finding them jobs that fit their skills. It is a rewarding job that I have learned a lot from. My hours are flexible and the career center works around my school schedule. The director, and my co-workers are great people to work with and have helped me learn all my job responsibilities. Over all, I'm very happy and satisfied working for the Coastal Carolina Community College Career Center.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly co workers
Cons
few hours, minimum pay
Great entry level exposure to college instruction
Information Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 18, 2015
A typical work week:
•Training students in computer concepts, internet, i cloud, onedrive, networks, computer troubleshooting, computer security, other technological software and devices.
•The hardest part is working with ESL without the resources to assist the students.
• There are no benefits, lateral means of advancement for adjunct employees or job security.
•The most enjoyable part was providing advanced learning through technology in seated and distance education course platforms.
Pros
Working in college environment, exposed to the process of institutional effectiveness, providing feedback on ways to improve student engagement, worked with latest technology, exposed to mentorship, and instructor professioal development
Cons
No job security, no advancement, no benefits, restrictive curriculum outline
good place to work
Part time instructor for EMT-Basic class (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 15, 2015
I only work part time at Coastal but do truly enjoy my time there. The staff and faculty are generally pleasant to work with.
Great place to work!!!
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 12, 2015
On a daily basis you will learn a lot just by getting hands on with the equipment. All of my coworkers are great to work with because you can really lean on them if there is something you're not familiar with.
The Students were fun.
Clinical Radiology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 9, 2015
I was not able to work long as an instructor because I started Hygiene school, but the few months that I did work there, it was really fun. The students were always excited about coming to class. They were ready to learn about radiology and how to take the proper x-ray the first time on a patient.
Coastal review
Part-time Fire Fighter I and II instructor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 27, 2015
I am subcontracted by the college to teach adults and young adults the skills needed for firefighting IFSAC certification.