Coastal Community Action Employee Reviews

North Carolina Pre-K Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, NCMarch 10, 2017
Working for Coastal Community Action provided me with experience working with children and families that are consider at risk. My experiences working for Coastal Community Actions influenced my decision to study to great my Bachelor of Science in Human Services with a concentration on Child and Family Welfare. I am excited about my future in the field of human services.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No lunch breaks for NC Pre-K Teachers/TA.
A Typical day at work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 5, 2016
A typical day for me is to support children age 1-3 and families with the tool that will help develop and prepare children for the 21 first century before moving to the school system.
Pros
Good team support
Cons
not enought time to do all the paper work
Fun place to work for
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Newport, NCJune 13, 2016
Great place to work for.... This job provides great benefits and college expenses. The management team listens to you and helps you in a time of need.
Working with People that care to make a differnce in family and children in need.
Assistant Comptroller (Current Employee) –  Newport, NCMay 27, 2016
I love working with the employees and Program Director and believe that we all can make a difference for the Family in poverty. I believe in following Federal Guidelines will allow the Agency to keep on with their mission to help people help themselves.

It has been very difficult working in my position in the past three years, since we had change in executive team members.
Growing in believing that integrity, accountability, as well as communicating with all Program Directors is an essential part of the CFO job, the agency's Chief Financial Officer those not portrait this believe, therefore it makes it very difficult form me to work in this environment.
Pros
Great Program Director and Colleges to fight Poverty in our Community
Cons
CFO and ED, not good communicater, nor good team leader, the employee moral is suffering tremendously
Awesome place to volunteer
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, NCApril 30, 2014
This was direct client volunteer job. The employees genuinely care about their clients and do what they can to help them make it through their adversity. Programs to hep underprivileged persons include food banks toy-for-tots, head start, the boys and girls club and many other after school programs
Fun work environment
techer (Former Employee) –  newport ncNovember 7, 2013
This is a wonderful job to have. You will find the best co-workers and directors at coastal commiunty action.
Pros
free lunch at meeting and parties too
Cons
no pay raises
Its a rewarding knowing that the job you done has help someone save on there utillty bill
Weatherization Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Newport, NCMarch 19, 2013
Our motto is helping others help themselves.Everybody works as a team to do the best we can do for our clients well being
Pros
travel and meet new people
Cons
working in the elements
Excellent place to work while heling the community.
Weatherization Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newport, NCAugust 4, 2012
Productive workplace and was well educated in what I learned.
Pros
company vehicle, 1hr lunch
Cons
outside manual work