Coastal Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Indirect lending is horrible
Sr. Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 13, 2017
Coastal as a company is great , the management on the indirect /direct lending is awful!! the people are back stabbing , gossipy and talk about others poorly.They speak to dealership employee horribly. I was embarrassed to say I worked there. Michele Kane was the worst manager I ever encountered in my lifetime control freak , micro manager and all around not a nice person. They are childish and catty ... If you didn't gossip you didn't fit in. Horrible experience!!!!!
Not for me
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 13, 2016
This company was a great opportunity straight out of college. If you're looking to advance within a company based off your experience and educational background this may not be the one.
Great Company
Sales/Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 13, 2016
Coastal offers a great place and culture to work within. The small company gives it more of a family atmosphere. I appreciate the opportunity that has been given to me, the experience needed, and the opportunities to succeed. I also appreciate their involvement in the community and their dedication to ensuring that they give back.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
Lack of advancement and Employer Education
A typical day at work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 18, 2016
A typical day for me at Coastal is depositing and cashing checks, making loan payments and assisting in Member Service when needed. I also get to interact with the members as well as my co-workers and that is a great experience.
Pros
I get to meet alot of new people
Cons
Healthcare
Awesome Benefits, Fast paced, friendly coworkers
Express Teller (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company for 4 years. I left because my then husband went on S.S. disability and needed more help at home. I would love to go back to work for Coastal FCU. They offer great benefits from 401K matches, gain share and health benefits.
Pros
Healthcare, hours, 401K match
Cons
must be able to work weekends and most holidays
Coastal pays very well
Teller (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 26, 2016
Coastal is competative when it comes to salaries verses banks/credit unions. Only down fall would be there is hardly any advancement to be promoted within unless you came from PNC.
Pros
Volunteering
Cons
Teller Center, working weekends
Productive and fun workplace
Mortgage Processor and Closer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2016
* Assisting mortgage processors with collecting information for a member's loan such as but not limited to VOE's, VOR's, ordering, printing and entering appraisals, gathering HOI, property taxes and insurance, Pay off's and account information. Along with setting up mortgage files and assisting the processors in extensive research. Assisting mortgage closing department in merging loans, completing post closing reviews and entering CDs (closing disclosures) into the LP and the new LOS system.
* I have learned in 15 months how to the information needed for the processors and underwriters and how to read appraisals and information needed to put into the system, I have also learned how to do closing reviews along with merging loans.
* I work closely with processors, underwriters and the closing department, my co-workers strongly depend on me since I am the only assistant. I work under 2 underwriters, 3 closers and 7 processors. My managers have spoken very highly of me and my abilities in the departments.
* I love my job and working with my co-workers but I need a full time job. I cannot say enough good things about my job.
*What I'm most proud of is my leadership ability. I always have the team as my number one priority and I hold myself to the same standards as I expect from my team.
Pros
Working with a variety of people in a pleasant atmosphere along with overtime
Cons
I haven't been hired in full time yet
Producitve fun place to work , employees and management are great
Closing and Post Closing Administrator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 16, 2015
Overall love the company, It just hard to move up in the company and there are not too many open positions are available.

I want to be able to excel and move up in a company and be able to futher use the experience I have.
Progressive Company
IT Manager of Engineering and Security (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2015
Aggressive company towards IT, but contains several political issues that can block progress. Has some very good people in different departments.
Fun & Productive Workplace
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2015
My work day consist of processing accounts payable invoices, expense reimbursements, check requests and corporate VISA. Also responsible for the complete (full-cycle) accounting for the credit union service organizations.
Wonderful Credit Union
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2014
Great place to work! I was there for almost 4 years and built strong relationships with my members as well as employee's. I left to be a stay home mom. Wonderful Team Support! There are many opportunities for career advancement.
Great compnay to work for
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 12, 2014
I have a very diversified job. I am the backup for every position in HR and I am in charge of our Wellness program. I really like interacting with people and organizing and planning things. I have a side business of event planning as well. Our team of 4 in our department really work very well together.
Pros
Freedom
Productive work Environment
Mortgage QC Specialist-Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2013
My day would start out with me checking my emails and voicemails. Then auditing documents to make sure all information was update. Enter the information found on a database for tracking purposes. Meet with Mortgage department monthly to come up with new ideas that could make the work flow better. Attend weekly meetings and provide updates on workflow. While working at CFCU I learned so much about the company. I also really enjoyed the classes that they offered each employeee about what the company had to offer. I also enjoyed volunteering in the Financial Reality Fair that was created to enhance and educate teens about their finances. I also enjoyed volunteering outside of work with a group called CuAWARE. The group had a lot of community involvement.
Pros
The work hours were flexiable
Cons
Job stablilty
OK place to work.
Member Payment Processor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2013
Ok place to work. The people I work with are nice. I process high volume payments received by banking members into the Coastal Federal Credit Unions computer system. I ensure accounting accuracy while being timely and working efficiently.
I enjoyed my time here
Web-Based Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 18, 2013
It was contract work helping the Credit Union roll out the new online banking system.
Upbeat, friendly workplace. Very competitive and goal driven environment.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2013
My work day consisted of video chatting with Coastal Federal Credit Union's members to accomplish bank transactions. I used several different computer programs (i.e. CUBE, TellerNow, Palmetto, Ugenius...) to move money into and out of member's accounts upon their request. I also, by policy, had to verify each member and Coastal check that I received using multiple computer programs. Every call had to be handled professionally, accurately and in a timely manner. I learned how to work in an office environment, which was very new to me. I realized that the jargon and professionalism in conversation at CFCU was different than what I was used to in the food business. I had to adapt to that change and embrace the vocabulary used there. My co-workers were friendly but reserved. They were very sophisticated and many of them were much older than me. It was difficult trying to incorporate myself into a work place where I was the youngest and most inexperienced one there. I very much enjoyed communicating with the members and helping them with their banking needs. I also enjoyed having a goal to reach at the end of every day. We would all strive to take a specified amount of calls every day. Our supervisors kept us motivated and on task that way and it was very beneficial to our overall call volume. I throughly enjoyed this type of environment.
Pros
Very nice work space, occasional free lunch, helpful co-workers and supervisors
Cons
short breaks, micro-managed, odd shift hours
Environnement de travail agréable
Account Manager/Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2013
Coastal Federal Credit Union est une compagnie qui met ses employées avant. La compagnie offre un environnement agréable à venir chaque jour, les bénéfices sont exemplaires. La compagnie encourage beaucoup de programme de bien-être et ils offrent plein d’opportunités d’avancement dans la compagnie. Le management est merveilleux, ils s’assurent toujours que les employées ont le meilleur environnement pour faire de leur mieux dans leur boulot. Ils fournissent aussi beaucoup de formation supplémentaire chaque trimestre pour faire avancer les goals et objectifs de la compagnie et pour donner la chance aux employées d’avancer dans leur carrière. Quand à mes collaborateurs, on travaille bien ensemble, chacun respect l’autre et leur titre, on était une vraie équipe. Pour l’aspect le plus difficile de mon post, c’est le fait de prendre de l’argent sur le compte des gens, surtout ceux qui traverse une période difficile mais mon geste est de leur aider à ne pas salir leur crédits en offrant les ressources qui sont disponible. L’aspect le plus agréable de mon poste c’est la reconnaissance que je reçois de mes clients et de savoir que j’ai fait mon boulot en même temps aidé à changer la vie de quelqu’un positivement en le menant dans la bonne direction.
Pros
promouvoir un environnement de bien être
Nice place to work
Records Information Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 31, 2012
Worked at the corporate office, its a very pleasant place to work. Advancement is a little hard, but otherwise it pretty good place to work.
small area to work, not enough space to do your job, not comfortable
Members Account Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 6, 2012
very stressful and very unfair to get a better position there....they list it as temporary, which means no benefits while you are temporary
Pros
good benefits
Cons
do not care if you are happy with what you are doing, not much chance of advancementadvancement
Exceptional company to be apart of
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 18, 2012
Team work paired with individuality made this job a well balanced employment opportunitiy. Learning how to process loans gave me insight to how banks opperate behind the scenes.