COASTAL HOME CARE Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place to Work
Private Duty Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 10, 2016
Good place to work, only problem is the work will take over your life and the compensation for that is not worth the amount of overtime you put forward with the salary you are receiving.
Benefits
Coastal Work
cna nursing assistant cna, DDT (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 20, 2015
Coastal is nice for if you enjoy traveling. Deal with the element outside and the clients home. Other then that its a rewording job that will make you feel good when your shift ends.
Terrible place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 4, 2015
Management is AWFUL. Very disrespectful and inconsiderate. They speak to you as if you're worthless. The pay is ridiculous for the amount of work you put in. 35 cent to a gallon and that's only if you're going from patient to patient. Training is not effective. They would email your schedule 30 mins before the office closes so if you had any questions or concerns they wouldn't be able to take care of anything until the next day. Barely made enough to cover gas.
Please don't
PCA (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 8, 2015
Horrible place to work. Low pay, no benefits. They pay less than what they're supposed to for mileage. Administration treats workers like they're peasants. Their management changes every month, you'll never know who your boss is. You will suffer the whole time you work for them. Please just don't. I'd rather flip burgers than work for these people ever again.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low mileage reimbursement, horrible administrative staff
A clean, caring motivated place to work.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 31, 2015
Coastal is a caring place with very high quality about its self, the staff are productive, caring, and very patience toward others.
terrible place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 31, 2015
Got no benefits at all, there was also no job security with that job, would not refer my family or friends to have coastal care for loved ones.
Meeting new people
C.N.A. (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed working with clients in home when we had the hours given to us. Some of the staff was not understanding of others in the field being put in unhealthy places. The office staff in charge of human resources was not people friendly with clients at times and lack of communications between clients and C.N.A.'s.
Cons
Didn't choose c.n.a.'s wisely
Run like a stallion - get out of dodge fast
Business Office Coordinator/HR Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 9, 2015
Terrible management, lack of professional training. They manage people through intimidation, extremely high turn over, low wages, extremely high benefits if you qualify. Only family member of owners/investors have any worth in this organization, they walk around dripping with designer items while those doing the work barely make above minimum wage. They have a high self esteem and they are a terrible employer. No one knows their right from their left, only concern is money; and how much they'll make. Patient treatment depends on how you can pay for services, private paying get the best or if Coastal screws up while taking care of a patient they will bend over backwards the patient so they don't end up in court. Managers are not above being dishonest in their dealings with staff, they make promises to manipulate the staff, then once the work has been performed, they claim not to have any knowledge of the promise. But if you are desperate, then go work for them. They have double standards and two sets of rules, they manage by the seat of their pants. Worst I have ever seen.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Terrible management team, terrible benefits package, terrible work environement, they do not give pay raises no matter how long you work there
Get ready to suffer.
CNA (Current Employee) –  SavannahFebruary 23, 2015
Well if you're starting out as a CNA and need some work experience I guess this would be a "foot in the door" kind of work. I have worked here for almost 1 year now, The only downfall of this job, is the management. I think it's pretty funny that they go over how your schedule will be like in Orientation, but will ask you to WORK the days you request off permanently. OR ask if you can fill in someones shift and call your phone about 5 times until you answer. If I have something planned and I can't make it, they will make a guilt trip and hang up.

Second, they obviously DO NOT care about there patients. I've seen things in their homes that should be taken care of immediately, and I feel like horrible coming home and knowing they're living in that disgrace and no one is saying a thing.

Also the DRIVING. get ready, it's not easy. I think its hilarious that they give you a certain amount of time to get somewhere from client A to client B and it's WAY over the amount of time they give you, meaning you're not getting the hours you were told to getting on your schedule. They also pay for you to drive, but it's not worth it only 35 cents a mile....

I guess the most enjoyable part of the job is learning. Being fresh out of CNA school, I was never able to find a job in a nursing facility so I decided to apply as a home health aid ( because that's pretty much what you are) other than you DO NOT do any vitals or chart their input or output of food intake.

Honestly, it ain't worth it
Pros
meeting new clients, learning
Cons
managment is terrible. the driving back and fourth...
I would not recommend this place to anyone
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah GaDecember 31, 2014
There is no management, at all. They play with your checks and mess up on payroll. No benefits, you work on holidays but management get those days off.They don't care about their clients or workers it's all about money. This is a horrible place to work. They deserve to have no stars
Pros
pay, if they don't mess up your check
Cons
everything
Chc
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 28, 2014
No management at all. Managers bully you and make you feel uncomfortable. No one has any idea whats going on and it makes it difficult to continue working for a place like that.
productive work place
Lead Developmental Disabilities Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 4, 2014
Company deals with all kinds of mental disabilities. The most enjoyable part of the job is to know your client has accomplished a milestone
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Place to work
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAAugust 12, 2014
Very Busy and fun place to work. I enjoyed working with the clients and their families. Great Co-workers.
Caring, stress free environment
CNA/License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 1, 2014
Clients are assigned as "on the need basis", if a co-worker has an emergency or a new client is admitted; then the dispatch person will call and ask if you are available for those hours. You can either accept or refuse. The hardest part of the job is maintaining enough gas to make to all of these locations. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people from all walks of life.
Pros
meeting of new people and the flexiblity of the hours
Cons
no insurance, overtime or paid two weeks vacation
productive
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAApril 15, 2014
I enjoy helping clients with their ADL's and seeing a smile on their face. I rarely ever see my co-workers and in my opinion the job is easy.
Pros
can make my own hours for the most part
Cons
a lot of driving, no benefits or vacation pay
Good hourly rate but no other benefits
CNA (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJanuary 25, 2014
Nice place to work as far as the job itself and hourly rate paid but no other benefits. No paid time off. I guess because you're considered a PRN employee. Good for a second job.
Pros
hourly rate
Cons
no benefits, no paid time off
very rewarding place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 18, 2013
It's very rewarding when you have someone to take care of and the time spent and the care giving shows.
Assisting patients (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 13, 2013
good place to work for management very well manner and team players
home healthcare
Nursing Aide (Current Employee) –  hinesville gaOctober 7, 2013
A typical day at work begins off by going to the patient house that im assigned for that day.Once i get there i introduce myself and let them know i will be their CNA for today and will be performing their daily activities.While there i learn different things as follows:wat they like and dont like and anything that they feel discussing with me.I manage myself basically while im there and if i need any assistants iusually call the office.The hardest part pf the job is when my time is up leaving the patients and knowing some need more care then they are given.The most enjoyable [art pf my job is being in different atmospheres and getting to know different people.I also enjoy the smiles i put on their face while im present.
Pros
helping others
Very productive and fast paced environment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GASeptember 7, 2013
During my time of employment with them I met alot of great knowledgable people and advanced my nursing skills.
Pros
meeting new people and advancing my skills in patient care.
Cons
not enough money or hours

2.8