COASTAL HOME CARE Employee Reviews

Management isn't the greatest
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 3, 2017
You have to really grab clients if you want hours otherwise your paychecks will be mediocre. Pay is okay if you're only looking for part time and supervisors will continue to make you work even on your days off.
Pros
Flexibility of hours
Cons
No benefits
its a okay place to work for
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, GAMarch 31, 2017
they don't really care for their employees especially if they are sick cause they always have the excuse that they never have anyone to fill in for you when your sick but they expect you to fill in for other people who are sick and they will also have you working seven days a week
Its ok
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belhaven, NCJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day at work its depend on how is the patient is doing I learned alot what I do with the patient. Management what management nothing to say about that workplace culture well the only thing I have to say is if I had a doctor appointment and you give them a month of head notice they want you to find your own coverage after you gave them a monthof head of time when you going to be out the most enjoyable part of the job is that I just love what I do with the patient
Fun staff with positive sense of humor
RN PSN (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLDecember 22, 2016
Typically see 4-6 Pts per day. Learned to be flexible and to utilize time management and prioritization skills. Mahagement is-ethical, centered on Pt care needs. Co workers are generally team oriented. Difficult at times with inter discipline communication. Enjoy teaching Pts and caregivers disease processes and management to enhance quality of life.
Pros
Overall good team work
Cons
Health care changes
Not a good company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 21, 2016
Was a caregiver for Savannah office. Don't every work for this place! Branch Managers in Savannah are rude and disrespectful. They treat you like garbage, give you horrible schedules and send you to dangerous places and don't care if you live or die. They are constantly complaining about their boss and say she is horrible and does not care about anyone. The management is horrible. They are in it for the money and don't care about the employees.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Terrible managers and disrespectful management.
Fun friendly caring staff
PCA (Current Employee) –  Barnesville, GASeptember 15, 2016
Absolutely love the office staff they are fun loving caring ppl, the are supportive. They push only for the best and to better company and employees. I love working for coastal. I need something more full time.
Pros
Great company love all the staff nice caring people
Cons
Dnt get enough hours
My interview was not force on the education and experiences it was more on what kind of person I was.
Interview (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GASeptember 8, 2016
I went on an interview with this company. The had stated that they had some more to interview and would let me know the following week. It's been three weeks and they still didn't not notify weather or not I got the job. It seem you can tell that it was not offer to me. I look on the website and the position is still posted.

When sitting there listening to the director and office manager I felt that they already made the decision to hire someone else.

It's sad that a company would waste my time if they was not interested. I felt if I was not qualified for the position then why wasted my time for a 10 to 15 minute interview.

I have never in the time I interview that I didn't get a phone call or a email letting me know they chosen another candidate.

This is not at all professional and respectful to those for applying for a position and not getting notified.
Cons
Not professional
Very caring inviornment, loyal to staff
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 13, 2016
I work well with coordinators, supervisors and office staff. I was always send where my skills were needed and they were always open to communicate with staff about any issues when dealing with clients.
Pros
I was never over worked
Cons
They worked with me on setting schedules that were workable.
Terrible company to work for!if
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJuly 2, 2016
If you want a home life this is NOT the company to work for, especially as a scheduling coordinator, they don't care about a person's well being.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, salary does not compensate for the hours worked
Satisfying
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJune 28, 2016
My overall day consists of caring for those whom are disabled or elderly in their own homes. It gives them the opportunity to stay in their homes for as long as possible. It is very satisfying to know you put a smile on their faces every time you show up and when you leave for the day.
Good Place to Work
Private Duty Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 10, 2016
Good place to work, only problem is the work will take over your life and the compensation for that is not worth the amount of overtime you put forward with the salary you are receiving.
Benefits
A great atmosphere.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAApril 27, 2016
A typical day will be going to the client house. Greet them and assist with what they may need for that day. It maybe cleaning, running errands, or cooking.
Coastal Work
cna nursing assistant cna, DDT (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 20, 2015
Coastal is nice for if you enjoy traveling. Deal with the element outside and the clients home. Other then that its a rewording job that will make you feel good when your shift ends.
Terrible place to work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GANovember 4, 2015
Management is AWFUL. Very disrespectful and inconsiderate. They speak to you as if you're worthless. The pay is ridiculous for the amount of work you put in. 35 cent to a gallon and that's only if you're going from patient to patient. Training is not effective. They would email your schedule 30 mins before the office closes so if you had any questions or concerns they wouldn't be able to take care of anything until the next day. Barely made enough to cover gas.
Please don't
PCA (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 8, 2015
Horrible place to work. Low pay, no benefits. They pay less than what they're supposed to for mileage. Administration treats workers like they're peasants. Their management changes every month, you'll never know who your boss is. You will suffer the whole time you work for them. Please just don't. I'd rather flip burgers than work for these people ever again.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low mileage reimbursement, horrible administrative staff
A clean, caring motivated place to work.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 31, 2015
Coastal is a caring place with very high quality about its self, the staff are productive, caring, and very patience toward others.
terrible place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAAugust 31, 2015
Got no benefits at all, there was also no job security with that job, would not refer my family or friends to have coastal care for loved ones.
Meeting new people
C.N.A. (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed working with clients in home when we had the hours given to us. Some of the staff was not understanding of others in the field being put in unhealthy places. The office staff in charge of human resources was not people friendly with clients at times and lack of communications between clients and C.N.A.'s.
Cons
Didn't choose c.n.a.'s wisely
Run like a stallion - get out of dodge fast
Business Office Coordinator/HR Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 9, 2015
Terrible management, lack of professional training. They manage people through intimidation, extremely high turn over, low wages, extremely high benefits if you qualify. Only family member of owners/investors have any worth in this organization, they walk around dripping with designer items while those doing the work barely make above minimum wage. They have a high self esteem and they are a terrible employer. No one knows their right from their left, only concern is money; and how much they'll make. Patient treatment depends on how you can pay for services, private paying get the best or if Coastal screws up while taking care of a patient they will bend over backwards the patient so they don't end up in court. Managers are not above being dishonest in their dealings with staff, they make promises to manipulate the staff, then once the work has been performed, they claim not to have any knowledge of the promise. But if you are desperate, then go work for them. They have double standards and two sets of rules, they manage by the seat of their pants. Worst I have ever seen.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management team, terrible benefits package, terrible work environement, they do not give pay raises no matter how long you work there
Get ready to suffer.
CNA (Current Employee) –  SavannahFebruary 23, 2015
Well if you're starting out as a CNA and need some work experience I guess this would be a "foot in the door" kind of work. I have worked here for almost 1 year now, The only downfall of this job, is the management. I think it's pretty funny that they go over how your schedule will be like in Orientation, but will ask you to WORK the days you request off permanently. OR ask if you can fill in someones shift and call your phone about 5 times until you answer. If I have something planned and I can't make it, they will make a guilt trip and hang up.

Second, they obviously DO NOT care about there patients. I've seen things in their homes that should be taken care of immediately, and I feel like horrible coming home and knowing they're living in that disgrace and no one is saying a thing.

Also the DRIVING. get ready, it's not easy. I think its hilarious that they give you a certain amount of time to get somewhere from client A to client B and it's WAY over the amount of time they give you, meaning you're not getting the hours you were told to getting on your schedule. They also pay for you to drive, but it's not worth it only 35 cents a mile....

I guess the most enjoyable part of the job is learning. Being fresh out of CNA school, I was never able to find a job in a nursing facility so I decided to apply as a home health aid ( because that's pretty much what you are) other than you DO NOT do any vitals or chart their input or output of food intake.

Honestly, it ain't worth it
Pros
Meeting new clients, Learning
Cons
Managment is terrible. The driving back and fourth...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COASTAL HOME CARE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9