Coastal Orthopaedics Employee Reviews in United States

coastal orthopaedics
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  norwalk , ctNovember 12, 2014
nice working enviornment. friendly staff memebrs. hour break.
Productive and fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 30, 2013
Enjoyed most of my work days. Learned a lot at this practice.
Pros
benefits/atmosphere
Cons
...
Great People to Work With
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 26, 2012
I worked with some really great people at Coastal. I had a great supervisor. The position had started off as temporary, basically to help get things caught up due to an employee quitting without notice. I learned a great deal about billing and even some coding. Over all its a good company to work for. However, there are things in every company that you wish could be changed, this one is no exception.
Review
Business Office (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 10, 2012
My adventure here has been amazing, I truly loved my co-workers... But my time for growth has expired and I'm ready to move on to my next adventure.
Pros
free rep lunches
Cons
healthcare deductible
Fun, productive easy going and very friendly
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 8, 2012
A typical day at work is for me to prioritize, I attempt to accomplish everything I set out to do for the day, I learn the importance of following polices and procedures especially working in the medical insurance field.

The hardest part of the job is trying to get medical claims paid by the insurance company, fighting for payment.

The most enjoyable is getting my claims paid.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough room
Excellent compensation package, compasionate physicians to work for
Assistant to the Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 19, 2012
Work day was filled with a lot of multi-tasking duties, no day was ever the same. As a specialist physician office, the Administrator would spend a great deal on marketing and gaining referals. I was involved with placing and designing advertisments as well as many special projects related to expanding patient base.
Co-workers were all friendly and management worked as a team. There were weekly manager meetings where voting would take place to in act protocol.

The most challenging task was learning the credentialing piece, although a most welcomed challenge once I became acclimated. I even discovered that the physicians needed a second DEA license for multi-State practice, which they were unaware of. This discovery potentially saved the Practice liability.

Taking part in the supervisors meetings gave me a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment as my opinion was counted and made valuable changes.

Physicians contributed into each person's 401K plan and the employee didn't even have to make a contribution. They would also match employee contributions. When I left without contributing a dime, I had near $2000. towards my retirement.
Pros
401k plan is execellent
Cons
no training, learn as you go

Coastal Orthopaedics Reviews by Location