Coastal Orthopaedics

Coastal Orthopaedics Employer Reviews

Great place to be
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks
The staff is very friendly. The pay rate is good. And they are pretty flexible with hours.
Productive and fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: benefits/atmosphere
Cons: ...
Enjoyed most of my work days. Learned a lot at this practice.
Great People to Work With
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Fall River, MANovember 26, 2012
I worked with some really great people at Coastal. I had a great supervisor. The position had started off as temporary, basically to help get things caught up due to an employee quitting without notice. I learned a great deal about billing and even some coding. Over all its a good company to work for. However, there are things in every company that – more... you wish could be changed, this one is no exception. – less
Review
Business Office (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 10, 2012
Pros: free rep lunches
Cons: healthcare deductible
My adventure here has been amazing, I truly loved my co-workers... But my time for growth has expired and I'm ready to move on to my next adventure.
Fun, productive easy going and very friendly
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 8, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not enough room
A typical day at work is for me to prioritize, I attempt to accomplish everything I set out to do for the day, I learn the importance of following polices and procedures especially working in the medical insurance field.

The hardest part of the job is trying to get medical claims paid by the insurance company, fighting for payment.

The most enjoyable – more... is getting my claims paid. – less
Excellent compensation package, compasionate physicians to work for
Assistant to the Administrator (Former Employee), Fall River, MAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: 401k plan is execellent
Cons: no training, learn as you go
Work day was filled with a lot of multi-tasking duties, no day was ever the same. As a specialist physician office, the Administrator would spend a great deal on marketing and gaining referals. I was involved with placing and designing advertisments as well as many special projects related to expanding patient base.
Co-workers were all friendly and – more... management worked as a team. There were weekly manager meetings where voting would take place to in act protocol.

The most challenging task was learning the credentialing piece, although a most welcomed challenge once I became acclimated. I even discovered that the physicians needed a second DEA license for multi-State practice, which they were unaware of. This discovery potentially saved the Practice liability.

Taking part in the supervisors meetings gave me a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment as my opinion was counted and made valuable changes.

Physicians contributed into each person's 401K plan and the employee didn't even have to make a contribution. They would also match employee contributions. When I left without contributing a dime, I had near $2000. towards my retirement. – less