Coastal Pacific Food Distributors Employee Reviews

Fast paced with a culture second to none
Buyer, Demand Manager - Subject Matter Expert JDA (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 29, 2016
Compelling work, supplying food to the men and women who serve our country, for a company that believes in treating everyone as family and developing talent from within.
Good company
Baker, Cake Designer, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Andersen Air Force Base, GUDecember 11, 2016
I had a good amount of experience working for this company.
It allowed me to have a better attitude towards customer service employees.
Very demanding job which allowed me to work well under pressure and also acquire excellent time management skills.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No healthcare benefits
Outstanding people culture in military food distribution
Director of Operations/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 9, 2016
Tight knit excellent organization that I left as my personal legacy and partial retirement in 2015. During my 19 years I am fortunate to have served a developmental roll in a company that in 1996 was a $168 million organization and grew to $1.5 Billion in 2015. I held every key director roll in merchandising, procurement, operations, and logistics including US and Far East export business. I am proud to have served the men and women of our armed forces for the past 19 years of my working career at Coastal Pacific Food Distributors. There could be no one that deserves our nations appreciation more than those who protect our freedom!
Pros
Excellent people company and great benefits
Cons
very intense on remaining #1 in military customer service
Incentivized positions. Great management. Good BBQs.
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  1015 Performance DriveSeptember 14, 2015
Start the day off with a beginning shift meeting where almost anything can be brought regarding the day's work from yesterday or for what's ahead.
Then work... a fun personal race between yourself and a variety of orders.
Coworkers are great and lunch is always a good time.
Hardest part of the job was leaving the family at 6pm to go to work.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the fact those in leadership positions genuinely care about their workers.
Productive fun workplace
Order Selector,LEAD-MAN,FORKLIFT OPERATOR,LOADER (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 8, 2015
It was my first job,I loved it very much.I started as a box-boy and end up a key carrier.I had great friends that were co-workers and management helped me move up.
Pros
Great benifitts, Pay was awesome
Cons
When we had new contract that affected our hrs.
Close knit family-like co workers
WAREHOUSE HIGH REACH FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 29, 2013
Working at Coastal Pacific as a woman on the night shift with 25-35 men typically can be a dangerous environment. I was never disrespected or treated improperly by any of the employees and actually was treated with extreme politeness. My experience with CPFD was great and has allowed me to grow and become more of a versatile individual with the learning experience gained in my 12 months of employment.
Pros
benefits, incentive pay, night shift incentive pay, overtime and holiday pay, pleasant staff
Cons
8 hour shifts sometimes could be 12 hours without prior notice
Very fast paced ,challenging company to work for
STAND UP FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 25, 2013
A typical day consisted of being informed of the start of shift work load,followed by assigning work zones and teams .the job teaches you to work at a sustained wor pace . Mgmt team was very visable and preasent throughout the days changing workload since the job is military food distribution. The team of co workers in this building are both in formative helpful working towards a comon goal. The hardest part of the job is the schedual since the job is a work till the workload for the days shipments is compleated making it hard for those who want to be off work by a certain time each day.
Pros
exelent benefit package including profit sharing, 401k, and medical.
Cons
union dues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coastal Pacific Food Distributors. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5