Under general supervision, schedules patient appointments; greets visitors and answers general questions; maintains patient records; completes insurance forms.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
1. Schedules patient appointments, consults, surgeries, tests, etc; requests pre-certification authorization from insurance companies; performs patient registration process, including demographics; maintains patient appointment log and patient information in database.
2. Answers phone and responds to inquiries; refers, routes, or places calls; places patient follow-up calls; serves as receptionist, greeting and assisting visitors, patients, etc.
3. Prepares patient charts for daily appointments; dates charts and orders lab tests as requested by physician; ensures all charts are complete; updates physicians' schedule information.
4. Maintains patient files, verifies insurance information; collects co-pays or deductibles.
5. Maintains clean and neat work areas; performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of the operation of modern office equipment
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Ability to operate personal computer and perform data entry
- Ability to respond to questions in a tactful and professional manner
- Ability to work with constant interruptions
- Ability to maintain records and files
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
High school diploma or equivalent; supplemented with one (1) year related work experience.
- Compensation: Base on EXP