Coastal Staffing Employee Reviews

nice company to work for
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Avon, NYNovember 18, 2017
nice company to work for and good the people are very good at what they do. and always have their workers best interest at heart and always there when needed.
Pros
very good people to deal with, when it comes down to dealing with mangers or bosses in the work place
Cons
a company that always have their workers back when they are right and aa
a job when you in between jobs
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LASeptember 30, 2017
no comment at the moment Temp jobs when waiting on a permanent one. Good company to work for if you are looking to earn extra cash until you can find better long term employment
Fun to work for
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 28, 2017
They are nice company to work for and they treat that people very kindly and a very very respectful honest call you for any job that you all recommend for and take care of their people very nice I would recommend anybody to work for them
Still
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Still employed it's a good company good managed better , it was a hastal at first once we got all the crews we needed to complete the job things started to fall in place
Cons
1 hour break
Clean work environment
Production worker (blueberries) (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 25, 2017
Work day begins timely, pay is distributed in a timely manner. Supervisors are willing to train, management is respectful, work place is diverse, job can be challenging, co-workers are compatible and expected to be respectful in the work area.
Pros
Reasonable breaks and lunch hour
Cons
Work may not be available depending on the weather.
They help you find work.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCAugust 17, 2017
I worked with this company for awhile, placed at different saw mills. I had asked for other types of work, but was given saw mills. Took it o lay because I need to work.
Pros
I was working.
Cons
The type of work i was given.
flagger
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCJune 30, 2017
its a good place to start off working if you cant find a job, you get paid every week, some postion required working in the heat, and required work with live animals
It is a great place to work. Lots of interesting people and low stress level.
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arcade, NYMay 31, 2017
I came to work hear with no previous experience in the staffing business. I have learned a lot pretty quickly and enjoy working here. I wouldn't be lookin for another job if I could get more hours. I am currently only working 12 hours per week.
Loved working for Coastal
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 23, 2017
I am really going to miss the flexibility of Coastal Group scheduling! You are able to accept assignments based on your schedule. The work environments were upscale and festive, such as weddings and fancy parties at country clubs. The managers were great at Coastal, as well as country club staff. Fun job!
Pros
Some free Country Club food.
Cons
Wedding receptions sometimes run long.
Temporary employment service
Label Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYApril 5, 2017
Load product on to the machine. Align product on the machine. Set machine to cutting length and speed. Test to see if cutting to right dimensions. Inspect, count, bundle and prepackage labels. Stack boxes of labels to be inspected by Quality control. When there was no label to cut I cut the cores that the labels were run on.

Want to know more about Coastal Staffing?

Ask a question
Something to do
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ahoskie, NCFebruary 17, 2017
Working at Coastal Staffing showed me how to work in an office setting and be a full blown secretary for someone. It made me aware of the different kinds of people you will encounter while working with the public.
Cons
nothing
Great Company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  OBXNovember 28, 2016
Found a job for me right away. Would have gone back to them if I had stayed in the area. The manager of the office was great to work with.
Great company.
Shipping and Receiving Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. I learned valuable work place skills while working various assignments. The things I learned at Coastal Staffing have allowed me Excell in the work place.
Wouldn't recommend to anyone
Supervisor over construction (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 5, 2016
For the 2nd time I was promised a certain amount of pay and certain amount of hours per week on day 1 it was a totally different story I have placed in situations where no one knows there job or how to perform them and i have a great work ethic so I absorb all responsibility to get the job finished. I feel like I was takes advantage of twice
Pros
Check in bank 6 am on thuresday
Cons
Hire anyone who "says" they can do the job with absolutely no experience
I love working.
Cleaner/ helper (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 4, 2016
I am a very good worker & I'm willing to work hard to get the job done. Team work is the best... I learned to have alot of teamwork at coastal. I don't think it's a hard part at the job at all...
1st time
lumberyard (Former Employee) –  Avon, NYSeptember 29, 2016
I have to say I was a little unsure of this company( new to me). They were able to get me the best wages possible. Thanks for the hard work.
Coastal Staffing...where your employees don't have an opinion
Contracted Janitor at BP Biofuels in Jennings (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJune 18, 2016
This was not an enjoyable place to work. Coastal Staffing hires contractors to do various jobs. They do not run background checks so when one person messes up, the whole team said person works gets dinged for it. Their hired supervisors are discriminatory against race, religion, and beliefs.

However, though I did not enjoy cleaning, I did enjoy working under the contract for the company we were sent to clean for each day. It was rarely boring, there was always something to do, the work made the shifts go by very fast, and it was physically demanding.

Typical work day had shifts beginning at 4 PM, though we were required to be there by 3 PM (getting paid from the moment the guard shack scanned our ID). Before problems occurred with one of the team members, we were only required to do required work (cleaning all office buildings, taking out the trash, sweeping and mopping, and occasionally floor maintenance like stripping/waxing) until said work was completed and then we could go home. After problems arose with a team member, we were required to stretch out our shift from 4 PM through 12 AM regardless of whether or not there was work left to be done. This would require us to take our time and/or take frequent breaks, but the company we were contracted to didn't like that so they complained and people quit. I worked 2 whole days by myself cleaning the entire property until new crew members were hired.
Supportive
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 29, 2015
They are a temp agency helping me find assignments with the opportunity to become a permanent employee. I learned that I can enter a new office and find my way quickly. The hardest part is the companies seem to have challenges that make it difficult to hire and keep a person in a traditional way. But I met the challenges given to me. It has been a fun way to gain experience while getting paid and looking for full time employment.
production work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 27, 2015
I took a job that was misleading and I was upset about being lied to. I have spent long hours looking a CMA position and they put me in a production job.
Pros
nice people
Cons
no job leads or placement
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 29, 2015
Not bad place to work. long hours pay was ok not to bad. Love the people that I worked for they should me a lot. sometimes it was a disconnect with employer and employees.
Pros
Fun to work
Cons
Red tape