Coastal Sunbelt Produce

Coastal Sunbelt Produce Employee Reviews in United States

what i learned
Warehouse Selector/Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee) –  Savage, MDSeptember 25, 2015
i learned how to select in a fast paced warehouse... i learned how to drive a fork lift..i learned how to drive.. i learned how to drive a cherry picker... i learned how to repack n label..
These other reviews are not accurate
Selector (Former Employee) –  Jessup MDAugust 24, 2015
Expect to be under paid and over worked few holidays and no consecutive days off. Also checks are constantly wrongly paid.
Pros
Get a check while you here then move on
Cons
Expect low pay increases
Productive workplace with on-hands learning opportunities
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Savage, MDJanuary 22, 2015
A typical day at work involves managing as many as 20 tasks at a time while performing day to day duties. Must know how to prioritize assignments and how to ask the right questions.
Management is full of years of experience in the produce industry, which helps learn the produce side of the business while maintaining the supply chain side and relationship based side.
Great people to work with.
benefits
Cons
few holidays
good job but not great
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDJanuary 5, 2015
It was a good job once you got years under the belt. There was obvious favoritism in the selection pool for bonuses.
Enjoyed working for the company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  MaintenanceDecember 7, 2014
My typical day at Coastal was highly demanding and productive. I was responsible for three employees and weekend projects with contractors. I monitored the refrigeration and boilers system to ensure proper functioning. The best part of my job was ensuring the building was safe and properly functioning for business.
Productive an enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDSeptember 19, 2014
This was a temporary position I found it very busy and my co-workers where very helpful and very friendly.
Home away from home
Logistics Support/Admin (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDJuly 3, 2014
Coastal is home away from away. The employees are family. I never dreaded going to work. Their were a couple management issues, but they were resolved before I left. The company is growing. Coastal is very much community based.
Solid pay, but stressful job.
Selector (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDMarch 26, 2014
The hours can be long as you have to work until the orders for the day are done. Management was a bit overbearing, albeit with good reasons, but ultimately reasonable. Working the night shift was difficult as far as socializing, studying, or activities beyond the job.
Generally a friendly atmosphere in a very competitive environment. Growing company.
Logistics Router (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDMarch 16, 2014
Coastal has grown a lot in the near 10 years I was employed there going from about 250 employees to 900+ today. It has lost the feel of a small business and now is more like a small corporation type of feel.

I enjoyed working with all of my immediate co-workers. We worked together well as a team to get the tasks completed.
Pros
daily challenges and dynamic nature of the job as the company grew. competitive salary and benefits.
Cons
good lunchroom, but external food provider for it at convenience store level pricing, lack of adequate parking for all staff.
Racist
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Savage,MDAugust 30, 2013
They are very racist, if you're not Hispanic or white they will treat you like anything. They are all family and/or bestfriends within the company. If you don't do what they like, they will get rid of you. They don't want to pay you for all of the work they need done, and will move you around in any department. The job is not stable at all, unless of course you're family. Worse job I've EVER had! I can't believe racism still exists! Sad!
Good, secure, local company
White Collar (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDAugust 2, 2013
This is a great place to work if you like to be in a challenging and fast paced environment. You will have great visibility to the executives, especially if you are a white collar employee in the office. You will gain tremendous experience in this company! However, if you are a salaried employee for this company, expect to work weekends around holidays, including Mother's day, Father's day and Valentine's day to help make deliveries, without any additional pay or comp time.
Pros
interesting work, visibility to executives
Cons
below market pay, long hours, odd jobs not related to position (making deliveries)
Great job with great benefits
Overnight Order Selection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDDecember 11, 2012
I love working nightshit so this job was perfect for me. Working here I learned how to select products at a fast and effective way using a pallet jack.
Cold and unproffesional
Forklift Operator and Order Picker (Former Employee) –  savage, mdNovember 16, 2012
Refridgerated plant. hired illegal immigrants and showed favoritism to relatives and friends that were employers
Pros
no pros
Cons
to many to list
Busy and consistent days
Customer Service, Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDMay 23, 2012
Very approachable management. enjoyable environment. Call flow was steady in which in made you day flow right through.
Pros
steady work flow
Cons
long distance
If you enjoy driving and a good physical workout daily this is the place for you.
Produce Driver (Current Employee) –  Savage, MDFebruary 15, 2012
I started working at Coastal 7 years ago. The years have gone by rather fast. That's because half of your day is spent driving and the other half, bringing the produce in to the customers. There's no supervisor watching your every move on some monitor. If your customers like you, you will even have the benefit of free coffee or a free meal to get you through the day. Or you can just blast the truck radio as you make your rounds. As long as your customers get their produce on time and are happy, your supervisor is happy, and you are happy. There's plenty opportunity to make xtra cash too. If you hustle fast and finish your 1st route, you can get back to the warehouse and run another if you want! More money! Iv'e also seen several coworkers advance in the company to higher positions. Check it out.
Pros
no supervision on the road, listen to music all day, and make your deliveries.
Cons
most routes leave little time off, sunday only for most.