Coastal Sunbelt Produce

Coastal Sunbelt Produce Employee Reviews

good job but not great
Order Selector (Former Employee), Savage, MDJanuary 5, 2015
It was a good job once you got years under the belt. There was obvious favoritism in the selection pool for bonuses.
Enjoyed working for the company
Supervisor (Former Employee), MaintenanceDecember 7, 2014
My typical day at Coastal was highly demanding and productive. I was responsible for three employees and weekend projects with contractors. I monitored the refrigeration and boilers system to ensure proper functioning. The best part of my job was ensuring the building was safe and properly functioning for business.
Productive an enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jessup, MDSeptember 19, 2014
This was a temporary position I found it very busy and my co-workers where very helpful and very friendly.
Home away from home
Logistics Support/Admin (Former Employee), Savage, MDJuly 3, 2014
Coastal is home away from away. The employees are family. I never dreaded going to work. Their were a couple management issues, but they were resolved before I left. The company is growing. Coastal is very much community based.
Solid pay, but stressful job.
Selector (Former Employee), Savage, MDMarch 26, 2014
The hours can be long as you have to work until the orders for the day are done. Management was a bit overbearing, albeit with good reasons, but ultimately reasonable. Working the night shift was difficult as far as socializing, studying, or activities beyond the job.
Generally a friendly atmosphere in a very competitive environment. Growing company.
Logistics Router (Former Employee), Savage, MDMarch 16, 2014
Pros: daily challenges and dynamic nature of the job as the company grew. competitive salary and benefits.
Cons: good lunchroom, but external food provider for it at convenience store level pricing, lack of adequate parking for all staff.
Coastal has grown a lot in the near 10 years I was employed there going from about 250 employees to 900+ today. It has lost the feel of a small business and now is more like a small corporation type of feel.

I enjoyed working with all of my immediate co-workers. We worked together well as a team to get the tasks completed.
Racist
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Savage,MDAugust 30, 2013
They are very racist, if you're not Hispanic or white they will treat you like anything. They are all family and/or bestfriends within the company. If you don't do what they like, they will get rid of you. They don't want to pay you for all of the work they need done, and will move you around in any department. The job is not stable at all, unless of course you're family. Worse job I've EVER had! I can't believe racism still exists! Sad!
Good, secure, local company
White Collar (Former Employee), Savage, MDAugust 2, 2013
Pros: interesting work, visibility to executives
Cons: below market pay, long hours, odd jobs not related to position (making deliveries)
This is a great place to work if you like to be in a challenging and fast paced environment. You will have great visibility to the executives, especially if you are a white collar employee in the office. You will gain tremendous experience in this company! However, if you are a salaried employee for this company, expect to work weekends around holidays, including Mother's day, Father's day and Valentine's day to help make deliveries, without any additional pay or comp time.
Great job with great benefits
Overnight Order Selection Supervisor (Former Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDDecember 11, 2012
I love working nightshit so this job was perfect for me. Working here I learned how to select products at a fast and effective way using a pallet jack.
Cold and unproffesional
Forklift Operator and Order Picker (Former Employee), savage, mdNovember 16, 2012
Pros: no pros
Cons: to many to list
Refridgerated plant. hired illegal immigrants and showed favoritism to relatives and friends that were employers
Busy and consistent days
Customer Service, Seasonal (Former Employee), Savage, MDMay 23, 2012
Pros: steady work flow
Cons: long distance
Very approachable management. enjoyable environment. Call flow was steady in which in made you day flow right through.
If you enjoy driving and a good physical workout daily this is the place for you.
Produce Driver (Current Employee), Savage, MDFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: no supervision on the road, listen to music all day, and make your deliveries.
Cons: most routes leave little time off, sunday only for most.
I started working at Coastal 7 years ago. The years have gone by rather fast. That's because half of your day is spent driving and the other half, bringing the produce in to the customers. There's no supervisor watching your every move on some monitor. If your customers like you, you will even have the benefit of free coffee or a free meal to get you through the day. Or you can just blast the truck radio as you make your rounds. As long as your customers get their produce on time and are happy, your supervisor is happy, and you are happy. There's plenty opportunity to make xtra cash too. If you hustle fast and finish your 1st route, you can get back to the warehouse and run another if you want! More money! Iv'e also seen several coworkers advance in the company to higher positions. Check it out.

About Coastal Sunbelt Produce

Founded in 1992, The Coastal Companies has emerged as a major distributor of fresh produce and dairy and is a leading regional – Read more

Coastal Sunbelt Produce Salaries