Cobalt Rehabilitation Hospital

Cobalt Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

New rehabilitation hospital currently going through growing pains with greater potential for the future
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJanuary 19, 2018
This a new rehabilitation hospital currently undergoing growing pains with effective management and company culture. As I was there, the work environment was fairly hostile and there is room for improvement with inter-professional communication and equal recognition and respect of all healthcare disciplines. There is a great rehabilitation team and good potential for growth under the right leadership.
This rehab hospital is a straight joke
Lead Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 29, 2017
This place is where you send people when you ready for them to go meet the undertaker. executive leadership is the worst. They have high school dropouts as human resource managers/directors. They have housekeepers taking care of patients with little to no experience. Like I said before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't send a dead dog to this place to get better.
Pros
Good Pay for little to no work
Cons
Executive Leadership is a staright joke
Great Place to Work
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZOctober 22, 2017
I love it here.... they are strictly rehab.
Staff work as a team... friendly and caring
Ratios are great!
Top of the line equipment
First place i have ever worked where the patients are constantly praising staff and hospital
poor management, great staff and patients, great facility
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 29, 2017
Busy, fast paced, great patients, great therapy team
Awesome doctors
management is poor and inconsistant
HR is not visible enough and does not drive a positive culture
Constant turn over
The hardest part of the job is not having supportive leadership
The most enjoyable is co-workers, patients, and the beautiful facility
Pros
Great therapy team and nurses
Cons
poor management. people do not stay because of it
Worst place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 26, 2017
This company needs all new leadership. Management is horrible and that's why they are using registry nurses and CNA's. They have lost many great nurses due to their unprofessional practices, there will continue to be a high turn over rate within this company until they replace a few upper management members.
Pros
Cons
Poor employee treatment
Great Staff
Therapy (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 26, 2017
Cobalt has been a great place to work. The staff does a great job working as a team to maximize patient care and the administration has been extremely accommodating.
LOVE Coablt
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 22, 2017
I LOVE working for Cobalt because I can see the company values displayed every day in the patients that we care for. Seeing patients come admitting unable to walk and then walking out unassisted with huge smiles of getting back to their lives. I stay really excited at Cobalt's growth opening 4 hospitals within 2 years. I feel a real sense of job security in a company lead by Richard Fiske, who helped launch Tenet Healthcare and HealthSouth, knowing that it will be successful like those companies as well. The team at Cobalt is fabulous putting patients first. But, overall, just the facility and patient amenities provide a great environment to work within. Cobalt has done a great job at expanding employee benefits without increasing costs to employees and worked hard to continue bringing in values to employees such as travel and ticket discounts, Grand Canyon University tuition scholarships for all employees, recognition programs and even Veterinary Discount Programs for employees.
Pros
Great Team, Benefits, Environment
Cons
Still new and developing
Poor Management and Leadership
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Poor management, unethical practices and lack of leadership skills at the upper management level. Employees are not treated well or fairly. High turn over rate.
Pros
Helping patients and families
Cons
Stress, stress and more stress.
Worst Administration
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 21, 2017
Executive Leadership do not care at all about staff or patient care but only themselves and bottom line. Patient/staff ratios are unrealistic and unsafe
Poor work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 7, 2017
Corporate management has no idea how to treat employees or patients. The nurses are overloaded which results in poor patient care. If your looking to have 7-9 patients then you'll enjoy working here.
Pros
New Facility
Cons
Poor management
Great experience!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZMay 30, 2017
I am so excited to be working here at Cobalt. The staff are amazing and I love watching our patients thrive from how they came in. I am finally happy I found peers that come together as a team. It can be super busy sometimes, but that is the life of nursing. I would not trade this experience for anything!
Pros
Teamwork, caring managers, pay, and a place to really see how you make a difference with your patients.
Cons
no matching 401K, no life insurance, my commute from downtown
Staff review
RN (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZNovember 21, 2016
This hospital looks pretty, but is behind the times. No EMR to chart in, it's paper charting, which is pretty much obsolete at other hospitals. They have had high turnover since opening. Some of the reviews written seem to have been written by management team to offset the negative comments. They want everyone to look uniformed to the point that it's not functional for nursing.
Pros
Beautiful building
Cons
Benefits expensive, no EMR
Registry RN
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZOctober 16, 2016
I am.a registry nurse and have been coming here for over a month. I have felt at home at this facility from day one. I will not go anywhere else. Yes it is new and there are still kinks to work out. The management is great and are always opened to new suggestions to do things differently and effectively. The patients I have had seem to love it here.
Pros
Teamwork, new facility, great management
Cons
Nurse to pt ratios some days, need Cerner or Epic
Highest quality ever, patient-centered
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 26, 2016
Cobalt has become a leading force in the West Valley by providing super high quality. The patients I took care of never wanted to leave and all loved it there. The management team works hard to provide a great place to work so that patients will benefit from happy employees. Its a very nice culture.
Pros
Great staff, super nice patients, and high quality
Do your due diligence in research before placing family here.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 24, 2016
This could be such a wonderful place to work if upper management was replaced with qualified individuals who knew how to recruit appropriate patients, as well as appreciate and motivate staff in a positive way. Unfortunately, you are just a number here and it all comes down to the mighty dollar. Team members are put in unsafe situations because they refuse to staff appropriately on all levels. Not worth risking patient care. Uniforms are unrealistic and not conducive to a nursing or rehab environment.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Inexperienced staff, poor staff to patient ratio, unrealistic uniforms
Very good place to work and the best rehab I've worked at so far!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  SupriseSeptember 3, 2016
I'm a Cna and I absolutely love comming to work ! Love my patients and coworkers, everyone is friendly and kind.poeple genuinely care for there patients and care for the crew on staff
Pros
Fun work environment, good pay, great staff, great teamwork!
Dream job, professional and caring employees
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 31, 2016
I findly found my dream job with a great schedule and employees that i enjoy working with evey day. I love every member on the team. I watch people go above and beyond day to day. The hardest part of the job is when people leave. Its like losing a family member.
Pros
Schedule, employees, pay, covered parking in this arizona heat
We do what it takes to provide an amazing patient experience
Therapy (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AzAugust 31, 2016
I work with the therapy team. This place is rewarding and we have amazing employees that truly care about doing the right thing for the patients. The leadership team has been very supportive. It was challenging at first since I never worked at a brand new facility, but the kinks are smoothing out. I am happy that I have a facility to call home. It helps when you can wake up and look forward to coming to work everyday.
Pros
Staff, beautiful facility, patient success stories
Cons
No place is perfect. 401K no match, no life insurance, high deductible medical plan.
A fun and patient centered environment
Administration (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 11, 2016
I've been working for Cobalt since they opened in January. Any new business is going to have its ups and downs, and Cobalt has experienced it's fair share.

But the leadership team has worked hard to create an environment where people have a chance to learn and grow with a brand new facility unlike anything in the valley. My co-workers collaborate to make sure the patients needs are met, and we have fun doing it!

There are monthly events to celebrate employee of the month, birthdays, and to promote employee engagement. If you want to work in a hospital where you can grow in your career and have fun doing it I recommend Cobalt.
Stay away
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 21, 2016
I work for register and was sent here, let me just say stay away the most messed up place I habe ever been

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobalt Rehabilitation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Cobalt Rehabilitation Hospital Reviews by Location