CoBank Employee Reviews

Very good place to work. Kept the customer as the number 1 priority.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 15, 2016
At desk and ready to work by 7:00 most days (official start time 7:30)
Working from Consultants documents, prepare Cash Management documents for services that the customer had signed up for.
After review by Consultant, send to customer according to desired delivery method (i.e.: overnight or regular mail).
Learned which documents to select for particular services.
Management was easy to work with and respected their staff.
Co-workers were a variety of personalities with differing desires in how/what they wanted in their customer packets
Hardest part of the job was ensuring that the latest iteration of documents were being sent to customers
I enjoyed working with almost all the members of the team
Pros
Felt we provided farmers and their cooperatives with sound financial support
Cons
Working with a new third party bank to provide services
Women stay away from the CoBank IT department
IT Developer (Current Employee) –  DenverOctober 8, 2016
If you were a woman working in IT at Cobank be prepared to be treated differently. Also be prepared for the HR department to not have your back and make you feel like you are the problem. Glassdoor.com contains real reviews from real CoBank employees who had real problems with the way coBank treats their employees in the IT department. It is just an old boys club, old-school mentality of middle-management not being progressive. Middle-management likes to stick together so they all look good, and then make life difficult for the people they don't like. What's funny is the people they don't like are the young, outspoken, progressive people who have personalities. Middle-management likes to keep the people who are one trick pony's, who never speak up in meetings, like to keep to themselves all the time. These are the folks that will never challenge or question management

This summer at CoBank, an independent HR investigation was completed as to why so many people leave the IT department. But the only change that investigation warranted was a change at the top of the IT department. Unfortunately, the problem still remains with the same group of middle managers. There's even one woman in that middle management team and you think she would've put it ended this treatment along time ago, but she perpetuates it by doing nothing to improve it. She doesn't even see the problem, even when people try to explain it to her. Those in middle -management don't want to be challenged by anybody below them because they feel threatened. The reason they feel threatened is that they
  more... have been here for 15 years. The new people coming in know newer technology and have new ideas on how to develop software as a team (aka Agile). So there is a clash between current trends/the right way to develop software, versus the way CoBank has always done things. There's absolutely no respect from the middle management towards the women on their teams, especially if there is a disagreement. Again there is NO respect at all from middle-management. This is why people leave CoBank and why this position is open.

I would never recommend a woman working in the CoBank IT department. There are male managers in that team that treat women differently than they do men. They make up lies order to make themselves look good, and I see them manipulating people in order to get what they want. There are a lot of other companies in Denver who treat their employees well, but the CoBank IT department and HR department is not one of them!
Productive, professional, fun working environment
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 12, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for CoBank. The training and management team were very supportive and approachable. I would have loved to work for them longer but this was a long term temporary assignment so when the assignment ended on July 31, my job there ended.
Pros
All of the staff at CoBank were very appreciative of all of us temporary employees.
Cons
This was only a temporary assignment and I would have love to stay on full time.
Fine job
Records Processor II (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 7, 2015
It was seasonal work for me. I don't really have enough experience to give a good review. I am not suited for retail work. The people were nice enough. I thought it was a decent work environment but again not really for me.
An excellent place to work
Senior Credit Officer (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 29, 2015
As a Senior Credit Officer I managed high investment grade companies, bankruptcy and international accounts that were highly complex. It was most enjoyable to close a deal and know that I had provided the client with what they needed.
Fun and positive work enviorment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (TEMP/CONTRACT) (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 26, 2015
I was welcomed by a friendly staf and feel very comfortable in my enviornment. I was also able to catch on to the position and what was expected of me rather quickly.
Poor Management
LOAN ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 23, 2015
Confusing Management who only looks out for themselves. Culture of scapegoating the lowest person on the totem pole. High amount of turnover on the operations side which is unusual.
Pros
Great Hours, Good Coworkers and Decent Compensation
Cons
Terrible Culture and Management
Overall good company for employement.
Adminstrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2014
Great company to work for however have no advancement opportunities due to size of company and being a branch instead of Corporate office which is located in CO. Would like a place of employment closer to my home.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Drive Distance
Great Place to work
Electric Distribution Intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2014
If you want to work in corporate banking with high values and a belief in what your working towards this is a great place with great people.
Perhaps one of my favorite jobs as Conference Coordinator
Conference Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 31, 2013
I started with CoBank as a temp and was hired on as Conference Coordinator when the current Coordinator quit. The position enabled me to travel to various parts of the country to select hotels at which to hold customer meetings as well an an annual trip to Washington, DC which is my favorite tourist location. I was rather autonomous in the position which was gratifying. I left when everyone over 55 was offered a package and it was obvious that the future was for the young.
Pros
Loved the travel and being free to make my own decisions
Cons
The changes that were taking place in the culture of the company
Great Work Environment
Associate Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2013
Great co-workers who are dedicated and work hard; lots of opportunities for advancement.
Good place to work, lots of extra perks for employees.
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 13, 2012
Company provides advancement opportunities through in-house training. Flexible work hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoBank. Our community is ready to answer.