Cobb County Government Employee Reviews

Decent Place
Public Service Technician III (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 30, 2017
It's a fairly decent place to work at however room for advancement is limited to none. It's a steady schedule and you meet various people from all walks of life.
good place to work
Utility crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 14, 2017
great benfits great plaace to work have 3 day weekend and great friends and family at a work place and some time have overtime and work call on the weekend
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 15, 2017
Good Company to work for, always being a team player to help each other. Processing information for employees in a spread sheet format, Answering phone calls, researching other government related benefit plans to try and get an ideal of what our employees are looking for and to have a cos effective budget for each person.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
fun place to work
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 2, 2017
Cobb county is a fun place to work, I work parks department, work with umpires players , have to know bi-laws. Very good place to work, supervisor is great
Pros
relaxed job
Cons
parttime no healthcare
Fine
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 7, 2017
This is a fine company that has work life balance and allows holiday off. There are lots of opportunities for growth in this establishment. I enjoy working here.
Wastewater
Class III Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  Cobb County, GAApril 30, 2017
You can be hired with little to no experience in wastewater.The pay is painfully low at first but increases through the years as you obtain different wastewater licenses. Although the pay is not very good, the benefits are wonderful. Management is good.
Pros
Paid training, Aquired licenses can be used in almost any other state, benefits
Okay
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 21, 2016
I would rather not discuss the county I would like for individuals to determine for themselves if the like or dislike working here. Not my place to influence.
Great people and a great place to work.
Buyer Technician I (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 2, 2016
Purchasing MRO items for other Cobb departments. Occasionally worked on special projects that didn't fall under the Sealed Bid standards. Worked with a variety of people through out the entire county. Great people, fantastic managers supervisors and co-workers.

The hardest part was during the slow months when there wasn't much going on, but I hated being not busy. Two best parts, first was watching long time county workers catch the 'save the county some money' bug when everyone's budgets were slashed. Secondly was being able to amaze my internal customers with my ability to find what they were looking for. They always were so appreciative.
Pros
great team to work with
Cons
sometimes a little too slow placed
I have enjoyed working with and for Cobb County
(P.A.R.K.S.) Administrative Specialist ll (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 24, 2015
The people are some of the nices I've ever worked with. The hiring and advancement policies and procedures are a little wieldy, but can happen.

I've learned about processing professional services, working with the public, and how the County works to guard the spending of citizens dollars.

Management can be entrenched in traditional ways to do business, but are open to 'some' suggestions.
Pros
Great benefits, free fitness clubs and classes, free clinic.
Cons
Advancement seems rigid.
Human Resources Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 6, 2015
Awesome place to work. Love my co workers. Cobb County is huge place to work, but all employees are able to stay connected and no one is over looked.
wonderful place to work
Public Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 11, 2015
My days are great here, I love management and my wonderful co-workers. We all are team workers and get along very well .I answer the phones and help the public in person. No complaints on that part either. Its a joyful place to be employed by.
Pros
everything
great place to work
Technical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 3, 2015
great place to work, great management, work life balance, and good co-workers. I truly enjoyed working for this place! Met some exciting and awesome people.
Good place to work some room to grow
Property Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
People will trow others under the buss to save themselves. low stress, lots of down time, Need improvement in pay and advancement
Pros
Steeping stone job
Productive place to work
Planner II / Intergovernmental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GaJanuary 3, 2015
Cobb County offers great opportunities to learn and develop planning skills.
Fast Paced Learning Environment
Fiscal Tech III (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 10, 2014
*Busy work so the day goes by pretty fast
*Accounts payables
Could be more fun for the pay
Judicial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 21, 2014
Great caring and knowledgeable co-workers. Low pay, high stress and high expectations.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Bureaucracy
Fast-paced environment
Emergency Communication Operator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 3, 2013
Demanding position working in 911 Dispatch center but working there was a wonderful experience
Great and fun enviroment
Emergency Communicator Operator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GeorgiaMay 27, 2013
Operates radios, telephones, alarm board, computer terminals and printer. Dispatches fire, police, emergency medical services and animal control personnel to respond to calls. Performed NCIC/GCIC inquires on drivers licenses, vehicle registrations and outstanding warrants. Maintains information on which emergency units are in service and tracks their location. Makes inbound and outbound calls to Cobb County residents and other Public Safety Agencies.
Recreational sports environment for families and adults
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 21, 2012
This position came at a time when I was a undergraduate college student studying counseling,leadership and biblical education. Although it was only part-time, I would have welcomed the opportunity for full-time permanent placement. During this experience my path crossed many important and influenced persons, whose hope was to upon my graduation, provide more opportunity. Seeing my leadership and social levels of maturity for human developing others became a valuable part to the whole of my scope of life practices.
Pros
exciting, fun, relaxing environment with good leadership
Cons
part-time hours, not suffient for household budget
Various tasks, stimulating and challenging
Judicial Administrative Tech II (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 16, 2012
State Court of Cobb County had a very friendly atmosphere in which to work. The people were friendly and helpful. The co-workers were always willing to help in other areas where needed. I would recommend this Judicial branch of Cobb County to anyone who is interested in a stable career.
Pros
health insurance, dental & vision policies offered as well as supplemental insurance. flex schedules offered at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobb County Government. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2