Cobb County Government

Cobb County Government Employee Reviews

Human Resources Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 6, 2015
Awesome place to work. Love my co workers. Cobb County is huge place to work, but all employees are able to stay connected and no one is over looked.
wonderful place to work
Public Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 11, 2015
My days are great here, I love management and my wonderful co-workers. We all are team workers and get along very well .I answer the phones and help the public in person. No complaints on that part either. Its a joyful place to be employed by.
Pros
everything
great place to work
Technical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 3, 2015
great place to work, great management, work life balance, and good co-workers. I truly enjoyed working for this place! Met some exciting and awesome people.
Good place to work some room to grow
Property Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
People will trow others under the buss to save themselves. low stress, lots of down time, Need improvement in pay and advancement
Pros
steeping stone job
Productive place to work
Planner II / Intergovernmental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GaJanuary 3, 2015
Cobb County offers great opportunities to learn and develop planning skills.
Fast Paced Learning Environment
Fiscal Tech III (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 10, 2014
*Busy work so the day goes by pretty fast
*Accounts payables
Could be more fun for the pay
Judicial Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 21, 2014
Great caring and knowledgeable co-workers. Low pay, high stress and high expectations.
Pros
experience
Cons
bureaucracy
Fast-paced environment
Emergency Communication Operator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 3, 2013
Demanding position working in 911 Dispatch center but working there was a wonderful experience
Great and fun enviroment
Emergency Communicator Operator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GeorgiaMay 27, 2013
Operates radios, telephones, alarm board, computer terminals and printer. Dispatches fire, police, emergency medical services and animal control personnel to respond to calls. Performed NCIC/GCIC inquires on drivers licenses, vehicle registrations and outstanding warrants. Maintains information on which emergency units are in service and tracks their location. Makes inbound and outbound calls to Cobb County residents and other Public Safety Agencies.

Comment – June 4, 2013

I applied for this position today, do you have any pointers for the hiring process?

Recreational sports environment for families and adults
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 21, 2012
This position came at a time when I was a undergraduate college student studying counseling,leadership and biblical education. Although it was only part-time, I would have welcomed the opportunity for full-time permanent placement. During this experience my path crossed many important and influenced persons, whose hope was to upon my graduation, provide more opportunity. Seeing my leadership and social levels of maturity for human developing others became a valuable part to the whole of my scope of life practices.
Pros
exciting, fun, relaxing environment with good leadership
Cons
part-time hours, not suffient for household budget
Various tasks, stimulating and challenging
Judicial Administrative Tech II (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 16, 2012
State Court of Cobb County had a very friendly atmosphere in which to work. The people were friendly and helpful. The co-workers were always willing to help in other areas where needed. I would recommend this Judicial branch of Cobb County to anyone who is interested in a stable career.
Pros
health insurance, dental & vision policies offered as well as supplemental insurance. flex schedules offered at times.
Spectacular Workplace
Administrative Specialist I, Safety Village (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 30, 2012
Superb company, well organized and educating employees is top priority, whether its work related or health wise. Cobb County Gov't provides a wide variety of training courses to all employees. Operated by a phenomenal County Manager and highly qualified administrators. I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone. Most of all, public safety is an outstanding department.
Interned for a year
Client Support Analysis I (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 6, 2012
I worked the help desk and liked this job alot, I wish government jobs where not so hard to get. If you can get one congrads. It is hard to move up in government work, but the benefits of coarse are great.
Pros
good envirnment, great benifits
Cons
promotions and wage increases can be tough

4.2