To apply for this position, please visit our website and submit your application there.
POSITION TITLE: Area Supervisor, FNS
DIVISION: Financial Services
PAY GRADE: Rank D (K04)
DEPARTMENT: Food and Nutrition Services
SALARY SCHEDULE: Prof/Supv Support Annual
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Food and Nutrition Services
WORK DAYS: 240
JOB CODE: 0708
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Supervises, plans, directs, assesses, implements and evaluates the Food and Nutrition Services program in order to meet the nutrition needs and nutrition education requirements of children while adhering to all local, State and Federal regulations.
1. Educational Level: Bachelor Degree; approved Master Degree required within 3 years from date of employment.
2. Certification/License Required: Valid Georgia’s Driver License; must be eligible for Georgia Professional Standards Commission School Nutrition Director (P-12) BS or S Certificate, minimum Level 4 at date of hire. Must obtain a clear renewable School Nutrition Director (P-12) S Certificate, Level 5 within 3 years from date of employment. Registered, Licensed Dietitian preferred.
3. Experience: 3 years combined experience in supervision, management, operations and employee skills development; Food and nutrition service experience preferred.
4. Physical Activities: Routine physical activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities , including visiting construction sites, exposure to extreme cold and/or heat, and driving personal vehicle.
5. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Written and oral communication; planning, organization, training.
The Board of Education and the Superintendent may accept alternatives to some of the above requirements.
1. Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
2. Supervises and evaluates food service managers and their school nutrition programs to ensure compliance with all Federal, state, county, and district regulations and policies.
3. Investigates, mediates, and documents local school employee human resource issues and performance concerns.
4. Develops and implements a menu system meeting Federal regulations. Evaluates food products, tests, develops, and maintains recipes based on nutrition standards for quality, cost, customer preference, ease of preparation, and presentation.
5. Assists in establishing procedures and ensuring compliance with all food and employee safety standards by conducting periodic reviews. Assists in developing disaster/emergency standards and responds to disaster and emergency situations including equipment failures, food recalls, natural disasters and food safety concerns.
6. Assists in establishing and assuring that schools meet measurable financial objectives and benchmarks (food, labor, revenue, inventory, and other). Allocates labor hours to school cafeterias and monitors compliance.
7. Attends professional development programs to gain knowledge beneficial to the continued progress of the FNS Program in order to provide technical assistance and training by conducting monthly manager’s meetings, in-service programs and training workshops for food service personnel.
8. Collaborates in the layout and design and manages opening of new and renovated kitchens and cafeterias.
Assists in determining equipment needs and specifications consistent with program needs and budget.
9. Assures integration of the FNS program into the total educational experience via promotions, special functions and nutrition education. Serves as the expert in the development and presentation of nutrition education materials and
activities to increase participation of all customer groups.
10. Collaborates with school administration and provides feedback in response to customer issues.
11. Assists in interviewing and selecting Cafeteria Managers, Managers-In-Training, Key-Persons, and Food Service Assistants.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.