Cobb County School District Employee Reviews

great for person with school age children
Recruiter/Transportation (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30060January 13, 2018
Excellent job for people with school age children if you have a working spouse. When the children are out you are off. Paid every two week and has benefits.
Pros
children can go to the school you drive out and off when kids are off
Cobb County School District - Bus Monitor
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 5, 2018
Being a bus monitor with CCSD was both rewarding and difficult. I worked with special needs students, aiding the bus driver with getting the students on and off the bus safely, securing them in appropriate devices - car seats, wheel chairs, harnesses, star seats - and maintaining control of students during the ride. I enjoyed getting to know the students. The majority were very sweet and loving. I also assisted the bus driver in keeping the bus clean and sanitary for all riders by sweeping daily and disinfecting weekly.

The health insurance was great and very affordable. Health insurance is the reason I applied to the position. We could accrue vacation and sick leave and had 3 other days we could be off during the school year, and of course, we had summers off.

The difficulty was the $8.47/hour pay and the hours. The last few months I worked, I was getting up at 3:30 a.m. to be ready to clock in at 5:10. We picked up our first student at 5:30. We had 12 students, ranging in age from 5 to 20 years, that we bussed to the Atlanta Area School for the Deaf in Clarkston. The run was fun and rewarding, but the hours were brutal, especially in the winter time.
Pros
Health beneftis, relationship with drivers, staff and students
Cons
Low pay and hours
It's good for the most part
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
I worked for Cobb County for about 2 years, and REALLY enjoyed my time there. I made some great friends while there, and my students where amazing. The parents of my students became like my second family, they were always bring me thing to the bus stop and even gave me a huge going away party when my time at Cobb was coming to an end. I would gladly come work for Cobb again, mostly because of the bond that I made with each of my students and their parents. The only down side was that upper management, kinda had their favors that they would play favorite to; besides that, it was a really great place to work.
Pros
Great student & parents, benefits, end of the year party
Cons
upper mangement
Teamwork is lacking there
Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 16, 2017
Hope all is well with the workers who work as a team. Teamwork has a lot to do with how you get along with each other. It's not enough to go to work just for the money or because you can't wait to retire...it's about enjoying your job and making progresses in your daily life.
Pros
Holiday off
Cons
people skills are not friendly...they allow workplace bulling there.
Clean up the school yard
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 13, 2017
Be at word that work by yourself and in the team sitting. Be able to stop what you are doing and do something else and go back to work what you were doing. Be able to set up for a van I'm break down in the same amount of time go back to finish your main job duties
Pros
Pay vacation, got to work with kids
Cons
Everyday is payday at on more work on you
Can't keep drivers!
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 11, 2017
They haven't a clue why people leave. They don't know what Quality assurance or performance improvement means. Management is comprised of people without a clue about tech or modern management practices.
IT IS GOVERNMENT WORK AT IT'S FINEST.
Pros
free time.
Cons
12 hour days (7 hours paid, ) 18+ year old fleet, managerment
A lot can be improved.
Project Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 12, 2017
Few dedicated employees, others spend time gossiping causing less work to done. Computer Systems need Upgrading for all tax dollars spent in schools.
Pros
Vacations during school breaks
Cons
Typical Bureaucracy with a dose of everyday politics.
Stable Company
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 9, 2017
The office environment can be stressful at times but overall at great place to work. A plus is being able to work shorter summer hours and holidays off.
fun place to work.
Substitute Teacher for High (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 7, 2017
execute teacher plans for the day. Help students with any queries.
Every day is different. You have to be ready to handle a class of 25-30 students with there emotions.
Beware of some Principals!
Paraprofessional/Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 31, 2017
Cobb County School District is good to work for, however, if you are unfortunate enough to be at a school where there is a dictatorial and unfair principal, it is a dreadful place to work. The middle school principal I worked for was loathed by the overwhelming majority of the teachers and staff at the school and we were all scared to death of her, because if you came onto her radar, she would make your professional life miserable. She also let us all know that we were expendable. Everyday.
Pros
Many wonderful people to work with, school day & school year schedule of 180 days, school breaks.
Cons
Authoritarian principals that destroy morale and careers.
Great Organization
ASP Instructor at Hendricks Elementary (Current Employee) –  Powder Springs, GAOctober 25, 2017
Cobb County School District is a great school system with excellent leaders. These dedicated profession take pride in the education and development of the youth!
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cobb County, GAOctober 17, 2017
It was a very enjoyable job, personally rewarding and plenty of room for growth. I would recommend working with the Cobb County School district to all parents and people who have a genuine love for children.
A good work environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 2, 2017
Everyday is a different day. Each school has its own culture. I enjoy being a sub. The school system is a good place to work. It overs good time off and flexibility.
School Nursing
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 30, 2017
Working as a school nurse with Cobb County schools was a wonderful experience. The leadership team for the School Nurses was fantastic and supportive. It is a shame that school nurses do not get higher salaries for the work that they do.
Pros
summer breaks off
Cons
low pay
productive and fun workplace
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 29, 2017
Both of my Cobb County Schools were great places to work. I have moved with the opportunity to become department chair in another locale. Everyone was extremely supportive and willing to work with you to increase your learning.
Pros
great place to work, people are receptive to change and supportive
Cons
Great place to learn and grow.
Secretary IV (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GA 30060September 29, 2017
Good place to learn and grow. Cobb County School district is a good place to get started on your career path. Great opportunities to grow your craft and increase our skills.
Positive environment working with great team players
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 27, 2017
A typical day at work varies because you never know how you will change a child's life whether it be helping them academically/ behaviorally. I've learned that each child is different so therefore it is of great importance to know how to respond to them in a way they can relate. More than ever the management in this company is amazing because of your ability to work with great people who care about their staff and children they interact with daily. The hardest part of this job is going home feeling like you could have done more when you gave it your all. The most enjoyable part of this job is being apart of meeting each child's individual needs.
Pros
Free lunches, Early out days
Cons
Not enough time to teach the children
good review summary
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 25, 2017
my review is required. Don't feel this is necessary for this application.
My tenure of 20 plus years affirms my service, dedication and
professional value within this system.
Pros
experience
Good school districy
High School Teacher / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Powder Springs, GASeptember 20, 2017
Great job, if you get the right school leader. If you don't you can be come stuck in a ritual. Developing a network outside of school within the district is essential for growth/advancement
working for cobb county schools was a great experianc
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 19, 2017
I loved working at the school district as a substitute teacher. The only downfall was when it was summer as there was no work. There was always work available during the school year.