Cobb County School District Employee Reviews

Educating children is very satisfying.
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working with children. I also enjoyed working with my team Teachers.The school's objectives were very clear. When I first started teaching the staff support was a little lacking, in as much as my support teacher was a regular education teacher and couldn't help me with any questions I had with special education. My special education lead teacher was helpful, but also very busy. Over all my 5 years experience there was enjoyable.
Pros
Great working with students
Cons
At times became very hectic
Horrible Place of Production
Paraprofessional/Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 2, 2016
I loved my students but the coworkers were awful, people are using and only concerned about themselves, but I guess that is expected at most jobs. As an assistant teacher aka "Para" we are treated as "the help" but often do the teachers job with a third of the pay. If you love the kids, do it. If you need the pay more, don't do it. There is definitely an unfair hierarchy in the system.
Pros
The students, Holidays off
Cons
Coworkers, Compensation
This is a great place to work. Most of the workers are very professional and enthusiastic in conducting business.
OBIEE Developer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 29, 2016
Meetings are held every other day to review work schedules.
Developers meet every day in the morning to make sure the job schedules and projects are on tract. Individuals work on their respective projects after.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Time constraint
School Bus Driver
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 5, 2017
Transported children to school and also was allowed to do other things to earn money such as wash buses, clean-up around the shop, get paid for attending meetings, benefits, time off during the summer and receive a paycheck.
Pros
Pay for experience, benefits, split shift
Cons
sometimes get home late and leave home early morning
Good Public School System
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 27, 2017
The school system tries to make progress. Ofcourse a lot depends on the leader of the school. I was lucky to have a good principal.However, the demands on teachers are beyond even a 10 hours schedule.
Pros
good educational facilities
Cons
Redundant paperwork demands
Steady and Organized place of work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 7, 2017
The workday was predictable and allowed for efficiency. The job required a high sense of responsibility. I learned how to operate a bus and I enjoy it a lot.
Pros
steady and predictable. increased responsibility
Cons
few work hours result in low annual salary
Fun Workplace
Physical Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Mableton, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Being in the school system is wonderful, but the compensation depends on your experience. Honestly teachers should be some of the most paid individuals because we hold the key to our future generation.
Pros
Hoilday Pay, Summer pay
Cons
The compensation
School Cafeteria
Food Service Assistant Substitute (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 8, 2016
Fun and fast pace sometimes limited time to get food prepare for middle school students my co-worker are nice to work with management is pleasant. The hardest time when there is a half day of school for the student and you come in at regular time and you have to push it. But over I like it.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Don't get paid on any Holidays. Summer paid taken out of pay check every pay period.
Great place to work!
Clinic/Teacher Substitute (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 24, 2016
CCSD has great atmosphere filled with great people! The majority of students are good. Working for the school district has great perks that you cannot get anywhere else. That is always a plus for those bads days you have with some students.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Productive always learning.
Supply Teacher, Cobb County, Georgia (Former Employee) –  Cobb County, GAJanuary 27, 2017
The job is very productive and you are never bored. Always learning something new on a regular bases. Some days are more challenging then others but there is always a workable outcome.
overworked and underpaid
Parent Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Austell, GAMarch 9, 2017
You are definitely overworked and unpaid. You get to do all the work and are unpaid while others are making more DONT DO IT Daycare workers MAKE MORE. Cobb County needs to pay workers more.
Good work experience
Special Education Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Awtery MiddleNovember 7, 2016
Cobb County gave me a wonderful opportunity to work with children that have special needs. The school I worked at has a wonderful team of special needs educators that are passionate about their work.
CCSD is a stable company to work with.
SQL Reports Developer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 12, 2016
Cobb County School District is a government agency. I worked there as a contractor for 2.5 years and had a great experience.
Pros
Group lunches, team building
Cons
Slow process
good place to work
Riverside Intermediate - Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Mableton, GADecember 3, 2016
Professional working place,family oriented, close to home and opportunity to transfer if needed, friendly people like a big family, flexible work opportunities
Learned Valuable Life Skills
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 13, 2016
Management was very understanding with situations that arose while at work, best part of the job for me was interacting with people on a daily basis.
Pros
Field Trips
Cons
Compensation
Very rewarding and time consuming
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 28, 2016
This is obviously a very rewarding job as you have the capability of molding the minds of our wonderful future. However it is a sixty hour a week job that you get paid forty hours for.
Great experience
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
Loved the experience, great company and management.The best part about being a teacher is always the students. I love working with young children
Cruddy job but great benefits
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GA 30152August 4, 2016
Very hard physical work. Upper management is not friendly and micromanages employees. You are given 3 personal days but they really don't want you to take them.
Pros
free lunches, free uniforms, great benefits
Cons
no breaks and you're lucky to get 30 minutes for lunch
a great place to work
Custodial, warehouse labor,restaurants,retail (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw Georgia Cobb countyJuly 23, 2016
I have gained a professional custodial experience and has been employed there for 16 years and still learning .and need extra income because my pay still isn't enough but benefits are great in need of part time job.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
not much pay
Most teachers and support staff enjoyed the environment
Special Education teacher (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 19, 2016
The Special Education department experienced a OUTSTANDING department chair along with a dedicated principal. Because this is an educational facility, the teachers worked diligently to encourage to be the best they can be. Obviously, we could not help all students because all students unfortunately did not want to be helped; therefore, we provided as much encouragement as we could. Even though we try, teachers cannot save every student.
Pros
Excellent support staff.
Cons
Good people move on to other jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobb County School District. Our community is ready to answer.