Cobham Mission Systems Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Cryogenic Cooler Assembler/Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 3, 2014
My typical day at work begins early. I arrive to work a hour before to plan out my day. I learned to always keep the production lines supplied with the parts that I produced by access my co-workers needs. I inspected the material before I made the part. To ensured that I produced a quality part. Management had regular staff meeting to discuss the plan ahead and allow the team to discuss any issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was when my supervisor and co-workers acknowledge my work.
Pros
The company incorporated a daily exercise program.
Cons
Held good workers back from advancement or promotions.
Very bad
Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 16, 2015
Management and plant as a whole very unorganized. Human Resources was awful messed up start date numerous times and couldn't return a phone call. Highly suggest anyone looking past their benefits and pay as it is not worth it. Was moved from shift to shift numerous times because management doesn't know what they are doing.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
everything else
Somewhat counter productive and not a fun place to work.
Certified Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was very stressful, head down no talking, no sense of humor, no fun
What I learned was, how the mentality of a company could be so different from one sister plant to another.
Management, was very fickle at times and lacked communication
My co-workers were not willing to help one another and seemed to be highly stressed with very little to no humor
The hardest part of the job was trying to explain work procedures that fell on deaf ears
The most enjoyable part of the job was quitting time
decent
Industrial Painter/Deburr Operator/Lapper (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 8, 2012
The compensation is above average. The worklife is going downhill. In my opinion, they have grown to big to fast.
Really enjoyed working on the contract and projects
Senior Reliability Engineer Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 11, 2015
Unique place to work at in the Davenport facility. Smart professional individuals that meshed well with contractors.
Business in transition
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IowaMay 19, 2015
Cobham is working through a transition from being a holding company into an integrated organization. This transition comes with a unique set of cultural changes required across all sites. Cobham has the recipe to complete the transition and become a force in the tier 1 market arena
Team environment
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg, FL 33710May 7, 2012
Overall an average work place. Managment is new and learning operations as well. I learned cost accounting relating to labor, which was a whole new spectrum. Co-workers help each other. There are no processes in place, so the hardest part is the employees have to figure things out right from A.
Pros
resources to build a team environment
Excellent learning environment
Cost Estimator (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 23, 2013
Excellent learning environment. Learned the complete flow process from the production side. Involvement with all other departments, Engineering, Procurement, Production. Involvement with DCAA and FAR regulations.
Pros
Exstensive knowledge of military and civilian contracts
Cons
Little balance with work and home.

Want to know more about Cobham Mission Systems?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobham Mission Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9