Cobham Mission Systems

Cobham Mission Systems United States Employee Reviews

Somewhat counter productive and not a fun place to work.
Certified Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Orchard Park, NYJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was very stressful, head down no talking, no sense of humor, no fun
What I learned was, how the mentality of a company could be so different from one sister plant to another.
Management, was very fickle at times and lacked communication
My co-workers were not willing to help one another and seemed to be highly stressed with very little to no humor
The hardest part of the job was trying to explain work procedures that fell on deaf ears
The most enjoyable part of the job was quitting time
A typical day at work
Cryogenic Cooler Assembler/Technician (Former Employee), Davenport, IANovember 3, 2014
Pros: the company incorporated a daily exercise program.
Cons: held good workers back from advancement or promotions.
My typical day at work begins early. I arrive to work a hour before to plan out my day. I learned to always keep the production lines supplied with the parts that I produced by access my co-workers needs. I inspected the material before I made the part. To ensured that I produced a quality part. Management had regular staff meeting to discuss the plan ahead and allow the team to discuss any issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was when my supervisor and co-workers acknowledge my work.
Excellent learning environment
Cost Estimator (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: exstensive knowledge of military and civilian contracts
Cons: little balance with work and home.
Excellent learning environment. Learned the complete flow process from the production side. Involvement with all other departments, Engineering, Procurement, Production. Involvement with DCAA and FAR regulations.
Team environment
Cost Accountant (Current Employee), St Petersburg, FL 33710May 7, 2012
Pros: resources to build a team environment
Overall an average work place. Managment is new and learning operations as well. I learned cost accounting relating to labor, which was a whole new spectrum. Co-workers help each other. There are no processes in place, so the hardest part is the employees have to figure things out right from A.
decent
Industrial Painter/Deburr Operator/Lapper (Former Employee), Davenport, IAApril 8, 2012
The compensation is above average. The worklife is going downhill. In my opinion, they have grown to big to fast.