Cobham Mission Systems Employee Reviews

Inspector / Auditor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYDecember 27, 2017
Easy going, laid back environment with very friendly coworkers. Everyone works to help one another and is willing to train and share tribal knowledge to help you do your job more effectively. I wish i would have found this place 15 years sooner.
Pros
Easy going environment
Leading edge technology company.
PC Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed the ability to research and experience the latest technology available. The workplace environment was very clean and there were many amenities employees could freely use.
Management is poor
Administrative Assistant - Business Development (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 23, 2017
Typically, I did independent work such as tax forms, contacting costumers, ect.. I learned a lot about costumer service, communication, and various crash course lessons on business. However, management and workplace culture is terrible. I saw a lack of respect for employees, including myself. I experienced lying, blaming, and other inappropriate, immature issues at this establishment. The hardest part of my job was the treatment of the management to the employees, which made for an emotional and difficult day. The most enjoyable part was enjoyed my peers and assisting them in every way I possibly could.
Pros
Peers, technology
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Good place to work, but will be experiencing growing pains
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 28, 2017
The company is good to work for, but will be experiencing growing pains as it tries to span itself to become a larger corporation. On the other hand, this comes with opportunities and various projects to be worked on.

Currently experiencing turn over issues.

Work environment is highly dependent on department.
A wonderful company to work for
Electrical Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 17, 2017
Cobham is a wonderful company to work for. The work I do is enjoyable and my coworkers are top-notch. I enjoy being able to work closely with other engineers daily to get the work we need completed in a timely manner.
Good pay and benefits. World leader in specialized technology
Assembly Technician, Retired (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 4, 2017
No nonsense. Many locations worldwide. World leader in some markets. Best part of the job is providing high quality products to mission critical customers. Worst part of the job is the archaic quality management systems. Management has not embraced technology to ensure error-free records.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management response to unavoidable errors
Professional and fast paced
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMarch 2, 2017
Very professional workplace with a fast paced environment that always had something to be done. Management always kept employees up-to-date on what was going on with Cobham Mission Systems.
A mostly average company with interesting products
Technician (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYFebruary 28, 2017
Culture is under improvement, HR seems to respond well to complaints of harassment and such, however slow to get rid of troublemaker that everyone knows will be gone.
Pros
Understanding immediate management
Cons
Upper management doesn't always get it and reluctant to fire people that need to be
Disorganized and declining
technical support (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at work was never typical. Planning and staffing never in sync with workload. Layoffs and discharges common due to lack of successful management. Lack of work/life balance. Most co-workers were great. Hardest part of job was reporting to multiple managers including at least three program managers as well as supervisory staff, all of whom had differing priorities. Definite cultural changes taking place as company tries to grow itself too rapidly. Turnover rate very high. Very high-stress and high-pressure. Most enjoyable part of the day was trying to leave the day behind you when you left the plant.
Pros
free parking
Cons
management completely out of touch with reality
Really enjoyed working on the contract and projects
Senior Reliability Engineer Contract Consultant (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 11, 2015
Unique place to work at in the Davenport facility. Smart professional individuals that meshed well with contractors.
Business in transition
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IowaMay 19, 2015
Cobham is working through a transition from being a holding company into an integrated organization. This transition comes with a unique set of cultural changes required across all sites. Cobham has the recipe to complete the transition and become a force in the tier 1 market arena
Very bad
Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 16, 2015
Management and plant as a whole very unorganized. Human Resources was awful messed up start date numerous times and couldn't return a phone call. Highly suggest anyone looking past their benefits and pay as it is not worth it. Was moved from shift to shift numerous times because management doesn't know what they are doing.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
everything else
Somewhat counter productive and not a fun place to work.
Certified Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was very stressful, head down no talking, no sense of humor, no fun
What I learned was, how the mentality of a company could be so different from one sister plant to another.
Management, was very fickle at times and lacked communication
My co-workers were not willing to help one another and seemed to be highly stressed with very little to no humor
The hardest part of the job was trying to explain work procedures that fell on deaf ears
The most enjoyable part of the job was quitting time
A typical day at work
Cryogenic Cooler Assembler/Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 3, 2014
My typical day at work begins early. I arrive to work a hour before to plan out my day. I learned to always keep the production lines supplied with the parts that I produced by access my co-workers needs. I inspected the material before I made the part. To ensured that I produced a quality part. Management had regular staff meeting to discuss the plan ahead and allow the team to discuss any issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was when my supervisor and co-workers acknowledge my work.
Pros
The company incorporated a daily exercise program.
Cons
Held good workers back from advancement or promotions.
Excellent learning environment
Cost Estimator (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 23, 2013
Excellent learning environment. Learned the complete flow process from the production side. Involvement with all other departments, Engineering, Procurement, Production. Involvement with DCAA and FAR regulations.
Pros
Exstensive knowledge of military and civilian contracts
Cons
Little balance with work and home.
Team environment
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg, FL 33710May 7, 2012
Overall an average work place. Managment is new and learning operations as well. I learned cost accounting relating to labor, which was a whole new spectrum. Co-workers help each other. There are no processes in place, so the hardest part is the employees have to figure things out right from A.
Pros
resources to build a team environment
decent
Industrial Painter/Deburr Operator/Lapper (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 8, 2012
The compensation is above average. The worklife is going downhill. In my opinion, they have grown to big to fast.