Cobham Employee Reviews in United States

good conditions to work in
Supervisor/ machine shop (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 21, 2016
Good company to work for,. great people to work with I have bonded with many co-workers over the 20yrs I was employed. I worked on many projects, they built electro-mechanical rotary joints, these are used in radar both private and military applications. I also worked on a unit that is on the Mars Rover
Pros
good benfits
Cons
moved to Exeter N.H.@ that time I took a retirement package
Great Company
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAFebruary 2, 2016
.Great Company. I am writing this sentence so that I meet the minimum word requirement. The same goes for this sentence.
Pool table and a rest room.
MAF. Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2016
every day i learn a new thing, like be patient whit others,i like to work in group. my co workers are fine, but isnt not a bad time on work its just moments when something dose wrong, and the best part is the comunication and learn more about my co workers.
Pros
lunch per hour
Cons
30min wather breake
greatest job ever
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 28, 2016
The people were the most friendly, helpful. nicest people you could ask to work for. Best few months of work I ever had. I worked with a couple of departments. I worked in shipping and receiving and also worked with other departments including I had to laminate and quality control. The hardest part of the job was it being over because everybody was so helpful and nice.
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
it was a short term assignment..Greatest place to work ever
Defined my job description and had great management
Engineering Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJanuary 25, 2016
I learned to work with a UK based company and UK management. I spent time at various UK facilities interviewing Engineering VPs regarding Product Development approaches.

I worked with to other senior Engineering Program Managers in the IMO unit to develop a training program for Aeroflex locations as a step in unifying into the Cobham product development framework.

We were at various Aeroflex locations throughout 2015 and to date preforming training sessions with the engineering staffs.

Excellent independent work schedules with no oversight except weekly phone and status via email with IMO Engineering VP.
Pros
Great latitude in developing project/program
Cons
Worked remote and traveled every week to training locations in US
Very productive work environment, fun co-workers
Test Technician assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 25, 2015
Being a test technician for Cobham was quite enjoyable and a nice experience. Lots of people to talk to while working not to mention very supportive. The people I worked took time to teach me some techniques to be more efficient at my job.
Pros
Co-workers, Pay, Benefits, Annual Christmas Party
Cons
Requires DOD clearance to do higher tier of work.
Good semiretirement job
cnc machinist (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PANovember 7, 2015
Worked as a temporary employee in the machine shop through an agency. It seemed like a good place to work until they started to advertise for another employee to replace me while I was there.They eventually laid me off after 3 months from lack of work.
Pros
A semiretirement job for sure
Cons
not much overtime
A bad place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 21, 2015
The Best Places to Work Survey (2014) showed Cobham not only scoring below Industry in general, but also below other aerospace firms which don't do as well as other industries. Turnover of personnel is high. Cobham has both direct hires and contractors. Both of these have people who choose not to live nearby and travel home frequently to out-of-state locations; this makes for a disruptive work environment as well as employees who are less dedicated to the company. The management is completely out of touch with the work that's occurring and often are unavailable and un-involved in the the details of the tasks as well as if the work was accomplished to the requirements of the program. Management will say "good job" to substandard performers. Standard industry practices are not followed. There are only a few electrical engineers on staff despite the high number of electronic components. Quality personnel don't take the initiative to work anywhere else other than the manufacturing floor. People who try to make changes or bring up concerns are returned to their seats or sent out the door. The verification team on the refueling product is very immature. Components were allowed to sit without modifications for several years without testing and with known concerns. People are assigned to different position titles and descriptions from their previous experiences and are not mentored in their roles. Engineers are hired who may not have actual degrees in engineering. Products produced are typically for the military and the concerned citizen may sit in fear that the statement  more... of work for the contract isn't followed. Configuration control was almost non-existent and each person had to store certain files on their own computer or the group server (but without upper level oversight or direction). Upper level management very rarely asks for presentations of status and then refuses to get involved in any issues that are brought up. The engineers are left to linger in ignorance about what the gimmick is. The product must at least go to market before there can be aftermarket rewards.  less
Benefits
Cons
Management, Work Environment, Quality practices, High staff turnover
Unstable with no security
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLOctober 19, 2015
Would be cautious to come work there. Company changes direction very often and therefore, layoffs are common. Management is NOT in rythm and strategy is often an after thought.
benefits
Cons
instability, uncertainty
Good co workers
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 8, 2015
feast or famine either hunting for to fill 40hr work week or lost of OT if they don't get the OT hrs voluntarily they go to scheduled OT
Pros
benefits co workers
Cons
management not that great
80 years
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 1, 2015
good job security good the pay is on the low scale . They work you like a mule. There is no advancement. They hire poor management.
Most employees they hire have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
close to home
Cons
over worked and under paid
The work and the technology itself was enjoyable.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 16, 2015
Tested or repaired electronic assemblies and products.
I learned how to repair electronic circuits and use high frequency equipment. Management was not to my best understanding where favorites got a way with poor work habits and hard workers could not excel. My coworkes were likable people but in the end if you were not part of the main cliche you were laid off. The most enjoy of my job was the work itself. Testing and repairing intense circuits was a fun challenge and was rewarding when you built it, tested it and repaired it .
Pros
The work
Cons
Job security
Good Workplace and good people
MICROELECTRONIC ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 27, 2015
- Management is very helpful
- Fun to work with knowledgeable people
- Engineering group is very knowledgeable
- New products and new challanges
antennas product troubleshoot and testing
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORApril 27, 2015
. Responsible for testing and troubleshooting in all production in assembly and inspected quality levels of production.
. Performs variety of tasks in production environment.
.Ensured customers’ requirements are met to the highest quality.
• ELT Antennas • ELT to NAV Interface
• Programmed PA and DGL-1 • C406 Series ELT
• 121/406 MHz ELT • ME Circuit Boards
Spine-less management and predatory work environment.
welder (Former Employee) –  davenport IAFebruary 23, 2015
I have never worked for a place that looked down upon taking initiative to get a job or task done. Or where you get paid to play on your smart-phone instead of actually preforming for job. The welding department couldnt have been more of a joke. The blueprints were terrible at best, and the engineers where about as intelligent as a four legged animal. There is a reason for the high turnover rate at this company. If you are a good hard working person who actually takes pride in what you do, this isnt a place for you.
Quality work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJanuary 25, 2015
Flex hours are available. Interesting products and people seem friendly and kind. Don't know much about management since I've only been there a short time.
very good company to work for
Pressure Tester (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJanuary 24, 2015
this is a wonderful company to work for. Lots of benefits with this growing company
Excellent company
SATCOM / Tech USA (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Very professional work environment, fair treat to employees. One of the few companies where it is very pleaseant to work. Very high work ethics, management very concern on safety procedures enforced for employee well being.
Nice company...!!!!
Pros
good salaries
Cons
n/a
One of the best jobs I've had.
Assembler 1 (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 28, 2014
Working at Cobham is borderline repetitive but benefits are top notch.
Management seems to do well most of the time but really enjoys seeing schedules met or exceeded.
Pros
benefits and bonus free lunches.
Cons
occasional overtime.
see Resume
Electro-Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 17, 2014
Assemble mechanical devices using drawings, wire diagrams and MPS.
• Build cables and wires harnesses for sub-assembly to mate with final products.
• Repair and rework defective unit, both in-house and vendor issue to meet quality expectation utilizing the IPC Class, 2 and 3 standard.
• Perform ECO on products to meet engineering specifications.
• Build New Product Introduction (NPI) by providing feedback information with corrective and ergonomics ideas.
• Solder components to PC board using manual and automated soldering equipment.
• Operate engraving machine to etch product serial number and information on chassis. Use both hand manual machine and laser machine.
• Demonstrate knowledge with BGA’S and QFN’S along with cable and harness assembly.
• Work from wiring lists, schematics, prints and all other assembly diagrams.
• Outstanding safety and attendance record.
Pros
it is a good company
Cons
i have no problems