Cobham Employee Reviews

My .02
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHNovember 14, 2017
Company as a whole is great. Huge divide from upper management to lower management. Great work, just a run very poorly. Company doesn't listen to the guys actually doing the production work. Makes irrational decisions. Not a good place to work.
former employee (Hauppauge Division)
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYOctober 11, 2017
The last several years the company has gone completely downhill. Most of the people that work there are great, but management sucks. They hire upper management contractors that are all friends that have no clue what they are doing and getting paid ridiculous amounts of money. If you are not in their clique you don't matter. I worked there for over 10 years and the company has gone down hill over the past 5 years. The raises are non-existent. The last raise most people received was 1% to 1.5%. Some people didn't even get a raise. I wouldn't recommend this company at all.
Very Poor Management
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 8, 2017
Unless your in the clique, forget about any advancement. Very poor performers are regularly advanced over high performers. I can say this since I worked there over 10 years. Finally got fed up and moved on.
Pros
a job
Cons
Too many to list
Stressful, challenging
NDT Level II Inspector (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 5, 2017
A cut throat business that paid well but has a poor management core. Benefits are acceptable. The place lacks moral and valves and will do just about anything to make a buck. Resent trouble with the corporate office proves this fact.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor valves, Quality is only number 1 on paper or until it slows down production
Collaborative environment
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAAugust 29, 2017
Great collaborative environment working towards continuous improvement. Had a great Excellence in Delivery Program in the past. With a specific focus in the Supply Chain area. Not solely focused in Manufacturing.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Honest feedback and development.
Cons
Management can be passive aggressive, and not as collaborative as individual contributors.
Tight knit corporate life
Plant Pipe Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 30, 2017
I enjoyed my first several years. However, the company changed and became more and more constrictive and demanding. Limiting things necessary for a healthy workforce.
Pros
pay
Cons
big brother
Great place to work for.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 12, 2017
Cobham was a great place to work for. I would have never left there if we didn't need to move back to our home area to take care of our aging parents.
Customer and Employee Focused
Programs Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2017
Customer is priority one with great programs, community involvement opportunities and events for employees. Technology-based and challenging environment that encourages employee involvement.
bad place to work
Production Control Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 16, 2017
Great product, worse place I have ever work. Still run like a garage shop and not a multi million dollar Company. Good ol'e boy network.
Loved my job, hated the place I did it for
Great place to work and loved the jobs I had.
Technical Associate II (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 17, 2017
Good place to work, great people. Fun to go there every day and get the job done. Team atmosphere where everyone helped to get the job done. No micro-managing just do your thing to meet goals.
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita,ksMarch 13, 2017
Management was ok in the beginning, but if you don't bow down to them then you'll be dead to management. Loved the worked & people...disliked managent.
Pros
Pay, people working with
Poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Orchard park,nyMarch 11, 2017
Company made record amount in profit last year no raise this year.money is about what the area paid people 10years ago.They blame everything on corporate
Pros
Cons
No raise low pay
great place to work
braze technician (Former Employee) –  exeter nhFebruary 26, 2017
the amount of knowledge and skill the staff have at this company is amazing. leading edge equipment and advancing in the feild
enjoy the time together
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 3, 2017
follow the schedule order to be ship on time ,work hard ,arrange the jobs for working keep people busy ,every jobs must be done on time, look for the order in the future prepare the parts ready
Pros
free lunch out side, enjoyed food, fun
Cons
short break relaxing
Worst company I have ever worked for!
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 24, 2017
I was hired as an engineering technician for development of their KC-46 refueling hose reel system. Half the time we were standing around with nothing to do waiting on answers from engineers on issues we had for days at a time. There is so much lack of communication between what goes on with engineering and out on the production floor it's not even funny. Management is so profit driven and money hungry you are expected to be slave driven. A lot of assembly people are expected to work Saturdays and Sundays every week when busy schedules hit. This is definitely not a place I would remotely suggest anyone apply at or work for.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Upper management, lack of communication
Good site, bad upper management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 12, 2016
The San Jose site is a good work place to work. The people are friendly and the management is great. The problem is that corporate management is clueless. The San Jose site is one of the few sites that makes money and retains highly skilled people, but all sites are given the same raises of 1% and high performers getting 2% (only 5 to 10% can be listed as high performers). Also the benefits are being cut so that to get basic health benefits will cost over $400 a month, with a $5,000 deductible.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay, Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Great place to work, family environment.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 29, 2016
I love working for this company. I've had a chance to start as part time & went to full time. Great experience. Looking for a little more.
Pros
family environment
Cons
no raises
Good place to work.
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 26, 2016
I would like to work back there. Doing many productions. They managed very poor management. Mismanagement with budget.
Limited communications in teams. Too much time with computer work- BOM, Designs, Blueprints, Database.Waste time with computers.
Pros
Many perks. Every month employee meetings provided with free lunch.
Cons
Productions are unstable.Sometimes very stressfull. Then been fast down.
Cobham was one of the most unproffetion companies that I worked for
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2016
Cobham has great products, but the y didn't have the right team at my site togrow the company. I believe they have a long way to go before it gets better.
good place to start on aviation
Sheet Metal Mechanic/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 25, 2016
very flexible with new personnel, lets you learn the job on your own pace...
workforce is fun to work with, even thought management was very new with the project i was assigned to work, they were willing to listen and provide us with assistance and help to.
Very proactive and helpful quality control personnel.
Pros
teamwork enviroment
Cons
location on the midwest, very cold....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobham. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3