Cobham Employee Reviews

Great place to work for.
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 12, 2017
Cobham was a great place to work for. I would have never left there if we didn't need to move back to our home area to take care of our aging parents.
Customer and Employee Focused
Programs Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 16, 2017
Customer is priority one with great programs, community involvement opportunities and events for employees. Technology-based and challenging environment that encourages employee involvement.
bad place to work
Production Control Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHApril 16, 2017
Great product, worse place I have ever work. Still run like a garage shop and not a multi million dollar Company. Good ol'e boy network.
Loved my job, hated the place I did it for
Great place to work and loved the jobs I had.
Technical Associate II (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 17, 2017
Good place to work, great people. Fun to go there every day and get the job done. Team atmosphere where everyone helped to get the job done. No micro-managing just do your thing to meet goals.
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita,ksMarch 13, 2017
Management was ok in the beginning, but if you don't bow down to them then you'll be dead to management. Loved the worked & people...disliked managent.
Pros
Pay, people working with
Poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Orchard park,nyMarch 11, 2017
Company made record amount in profit last year no raise this year.money is about what the area paid people 10years ago.They blame everything on corporate
Pros
Cons
No raise low pay
great place to work
braze technician (Former Employee) –  exeter nhFebruary 26, 2017
the amount of knowledge and skill the staff have at this company is amazing. leading edge equipment and advancing in the feild
enjoy the time together
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 3, 2017
follow the schedule order to be ship on time ,work hard ,arrange the jobs for working keep people busy ,every jobs must be done on time, look for the order in the future prepare the parts ready
Pros
free lunch out side, enjoyed food, fun
Cons
short break relaxing
Worst company I have ever worked for!
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 24, 2017
I was hired as an engineering technician for development of their KC-46 refueling hose reel system. Half the time we were standing around with nothing to do waiting on answers from engineers on issues we had for days at a time. There is so much lack of communication between what goes on with engineering and out on the production floor it's not even funny. Management is so profit driven and money hungry you are expected to be slave driven. A lot of assembly people are expected to work Saturdays and Sundays every week when busy schedules hit. This is definitely not a place I would remotely suggest anyone apply at or work for.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Upper management, lack of communication
Good site, bad upper management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 12, 2016
The San Jose site is a good work place to work. The people are friendly and the management is great. The problem is that corporate management is clueless. The San Jose site is one of the few sites that makes money and retains highly skilled people, but all sites are given the same raises of 1% and high performers getting 2% (only 5 to 10% can be listed as high performers). Also the benefits are being cut so that to get basic health benefits will cost over $400 a month, with a $5,000 deductible.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay, Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Great place to work, family environment.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 29, 2016
I love working for this company. I've had a chance to start as part time & went to full time. Great experience. Looking for a little more.
Pros
family environment
Cons
no raises
Good place to work.
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 26, 2016
I would like to work back there. Doing many productions. They managed very poor management. Mismanagement with budget.
Limited communications in teams. Too much time with computer work- BOM, Designs, Blueprints, Database.Waste time with computers.
Pros
Many perks. Every month employee meetings provided with free lunch.
Cons
Productions are unstable.Sometimes very stressfull. Then been fast down.
Cobham was one of the most unproffetion companies that I worked for
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2016
Cobham has great products, but the y didn't have the right team at my site togrow the company. I believe they have a long way to go before it gets better.
good place to start on aviation
Sheet Metal Mechanic/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 25, 2016
very flexible with new personnel, lets you learn the job on your own pace...
workforce is fun to work with, even thought management was very new with the project i was assigned to work, they were willing to listen and provide us with assistance and help to.
Very proactive and helpful quality control personnel.
Pros
teamwork enviroment
Cons
location on the midwest, very cold....
A company with a poor future and no moral compass
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 31, 2016
Poor management, lack of training for all levels of employees, communication is non existent, good engineers are few and far between. A company that only focuses on being awarded contracts to gain trust from its investors without thinking about having to build an actual conforming product. Just an awful place to work no matter what position you hold. If considering applying do your research and don't just let the competitive pay lure you in.
Pros
Cons
Employment for cobham
Liked my work and would still be there if they didn't close facility.
Technical Associate V (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 23, 2016
Work was interesting and challenging . Beside many technical skills acquired . I found that developing a team work philosophy was important in being successful at job. Thought the management that i
worked with was realistic and helpful to me in meeting my job responsibilities. The people i worked with were hard working and goal oriented but were always helpful when dealing with problems that i might have with product . As most people who have to meet a shipping schedule know ,i found that to be the toughest part of the job . Always felt good when i meet those shipping commitments .
Recently sold
Manufacturing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for this employer while in the beginning when it was Aeroflex. The lower level management hasn't changed and they are a fine group. I had great coworkers who I still keep in touch with. Working on the night shift I had little to no contact with engineers, office people and upper level management so I can't really give an impression of them. When the company was Aeroflex there hadn't been any layoffs for at least eight years. Shortly after Cobham purchased the company I was part of a large layoff. My biggest beef, though, is how it was almost impossible to advance. Opportunities for promotion were rare and when there was one there were about fifty people applying for it.
Not implementing correctley
Finance Lead and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 2, 2016
Turned off Intercompany when they are a global company and need it. The Project Manager does not know what he is doing. and he has no people skills. The most enjoyable part was working with the users .
Pros
Cons
do not appreciate hard work
Great place to work with even better people
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 29, 2016
I was an intern at Cobham and had a fantastic experience. The work was interesting and the people were all fantastic to work with.
Contently Changing day by day work load.
PRODUCTION ASSEMBLER LEVEL 3 (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 21, 2016
Timed and monitored to ensure Quility and Quantity. Im Flexible To work from one cell to another cell. Small to large recieve systems are produced daily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobham. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4