Cobham Employee Reviews in United States

Very productive work environment, fun co-workers
Test Technician assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 25, 2015
Being a test technician for Cobham was quite enjoyable and a nice experience. Lots of people to talk to while working not to mention very supportive. The people I worked took time to teach me some techniques to be more efficient at my job.
Pros
Co-workers, Pay, Benefits, Annual Christmas Party
Cons
Requires DOD clearance to do higher tier of work.
Unstable with no security
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLOctober 19, 2015
Would be cautious to come work there. Company changes direction very often and therefore, layoffs are common. Management is NOT in rythm and strategy is often an after thought.
benefits
Cons
instability, uncertainty
Defined my job description and had great management
Engineering Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJanuary 25, 2016
I learned to work with a UK based company and UK management. I spent time at various UK facilities interviewing Engineering VPs regarding Product Development approaches.

I worked with to other senior Engineering Program Managers in the IMO unit to develop a training program for Aeroflex locations as a step in unifying into the Cobham product development framework.

We were at various Aeroflex locations throughout 2015 and to date preforming training sessions with the engineering staffs.

Excellent independent work schedules with no oversight except weekly phone and status via email with IMO Engineering VP.
Pros
Great latitude in developing project/program
Cons
Worked remote and traveled every week to training locations in US
Recently sold
Manufacturing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for this employer while in the beginning when it was Aeroflex. The lower level management hasn't changed and they are a fine group. I had great coworkers who I still keep in touch with. Working on the night shift I had little to no contact with engineers, office people and upper level management so I can't really give an impression of them. When the company was Aeroflex there hadn't been any layoffs for at least eight years. Shortly after Cobham purchased the company I was part of a large layoff. My biggest beef, though, is how it was almost impossible to advance. Opportunities for promotion were rare and when there was one there were about fifty people applying for it.
Liked my work and would still be there if they didn't close facility.
Technical Associate V (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 23, 2016
Work was interesting and challenging . Beside many technical skills acquired . I found that developing a team work philosophy was important in being successful at job. Thought the management that i
worked with was realistic and helpful to me in meeting my job responsibilities. The people i worked with were hard working and goal oriented but were always helpful when dealing with problems that i might have with product . As most people who have to meet a shipping schedule know ,i found that to be the toughest part of the job . Always felt good when i meet those shipping commitments .
Good co workers
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 8, 2015
feast or famine either hunting for to fill 40hr work week or lost of OT if they don't get the OT hrs voluntarily they go to scheduled OT
Pros
benefits co workers
Cons
management not that great
A company with a poor future and no moral compass
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 31, 2016
Poor management, lack of training for all levels of employees, communication is non existent, good engineers are few and far between. A company that only focuses on being awarded contracts to gain trust from its investors without thinking about having to build an actual conforming product. Just an awful place to work no matter what position you hold. If considering applying do your research and don't just let the competitive pay lure you in.
Pros
Cons
Employment for cobham
A bad place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 21, 2015
The Best Places to Work Survey (2014) showed Cobham not only scoring below Industry in general, but also below other aerospace firms which don't do as well as other industries. Turnover of personnel is high. Cobham has both direct hires and contractors. Both of these have people who choose not to live nearby and travel home frequently to out-of-state locations; this makes for a disruptive work environment as well as employees who are less dedicated to the company. The management is completely out of touch with the work that's occurring and often are unavailable and un-involved in the the details of the tasks as well as if the work was accomplished to the requirements of the program. Management will say "good job" to substandard performers. Standard industry practices are not followed. There are only a few electrical engineers on staff despite the high number of electronic components. Quality personnel don't take the initiative to work anywhere else other than the manufacturing floor. People who try to make changes or bring up concerns are returned to their seats or sent out the door. The verification team on the refueling product is very immature. Components were allowed to sit without modifications for several years without testing and with known concerns. People are assigned to different position titles and descriptions from their previous experiences and are not mentored in their roles. Engineers are hired who may not have actual degrees in engineering. Products produced are typically for the military and the concerned citizen may sit in fear that the statement  more... of work for the contract isn't followed. Configuration control was almost non-existent and each person had to store certain files on their own computer or the group server (but without upper level oversight or direction). Upper level management very rarely asks for presentations of status and then refuses to get involved in any issues that are brought up. The engineers are left to linger in ignorance about what the gimmick is. The product must at least go to market before there can be aftermarket rewards.  less
Benefits
Cons
Management, Work Environment, Quality practices, High staff turnover
good conditions to work in
Supervisor/ machine shop (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 21, 2016
Good company to work for,. great people to work with I have bonded with many co-workers over the 20yrs I was employed. I worked on many projects, they built electro-mechanical rotary joints, these are used in radar both private and military applications. I also worked on a unit that is on the Mars Rover
Pros
good benfits
Cons
moved to Exeter N.H.@ that time I took a retirement package
greatest job ever
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 28, 2016
The people were the most friendly, helpful. nicest people you could ask to work for. Best few months of work I ever had. I worked with a couple of departments. I worked in shipping and receiving and also worked with other departments including I had to laminate and quality control. The hardest part of the job was it being over because everybody was so helpful and nice.
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
it was a short term assignment..Greatest place to work ever
Not implementing correctley
Finance Lead and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 2, 2016
Turned off Intercompany when they are a global company and need it. The Project Manager does not know what he is doing. and he has no people skills. The most enjoyable part was working with the users .
Pros
Cons
do not appreciate hard work
Corruption everywhere you look
Cost Estimator II (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 7, 2014
I was lied to in the interview about what the job would require. I was not challenged and requested something more challenging or even the decision making requirements that I was told would be a part of the job in the interview. Management listened to my concerns and was appreciative of my dedication yet nothing was ever done. Others had serious complaints and again, management did nothing. As soon as a concern is raised, a target is now placed on your back and management will make your life miserable.

They have non-compliant charging of actuals to projects, put made up numbers in government proposals to try and cover costs that they have overrun. If you want to sleep at night, this place is not for you!
Pool table and a rest room.
MAF. Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2016
every day i learn a new thing, like be patient whit others,i like to work in group. my co workers are fine, but isnt not a bad time on work its just moments when something dose wrong, and the best part is the comunication and learn more about my co workers.
Pros
lunch per hour
Cons
30min wather breake
Great place to work with even better people
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 29, 2016
I was an intern at Cobham and had a fantastic experience. The work was interesting and the people were all fantastic to work with.
Contently Changing day by day work load.
PRODUCTION ASSEMBLER LEVEL 3 (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 21, 2016
Timed and monitored to ensure Quility and Quantity. Im Flexible To work from one cell to another cell. Small to large recieve systems are produced daily.
not good in advancement
Assembler, MIC II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2013
Work is easy and can learn fast. The management is not fair for evaluating progress for individual skills always has a favoritism when it comes with raise and promotion. So, it's not what you can do and what you know. It's whom you know or if you have a connection, then you can have a fast promotion and the money is good. co-workers are fun to work with. the hardest part of the job is dealing with people that like to turn you down when they think you're a threat to them because your smarter than them, they most likely to get rid of you to keep the're job. Is job security issues. learning new things, exercise and apply it to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not good as a career.
The work and the technology itself was enjoyable.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 16, 2015
Tested or repaired electronic assemblies and products.
I learned how to repair electronic circuits and use high frequency equipment. Management was not to my best understanding where favorites got a way with poor work habits and hard workers could not excel. My coworkes were likable people but in the end if you were not part of the main cliche you were laid off. The most enjoy of my job was the work itself. Testing and repairing intense circuits was a fun challenge and was rewarding when you built it, tested it and repaired it .
Pros
The work
Cons
Job security
80 years
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 1, 2015
good job security good the pay is on the low scale . They work you like a mule. There is no advancement. They hire poor management.
Most employees they hire have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
close to home
Cons
over worked and under paid
Friendly environment
R&D Engineer and System Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 9, 2014
- My typical day at work is designing new PCA, harness, cable or release documents for production.
- I have learned how to use new devices all the time, and then I have to integrate to our system.
- I am working in multi-culture environments, but they are very friendly.
- The management is about fair.
- The hardest part is spending too much overtime to complete project on time.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see new product that is launching.
Pros
great benefits and flexible time
Cons
too much overtime
Disappointed in senior-level managers
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 6, 2014
continuous high employee turnover (even in a poor economy) due to dis-satisfaction and frustration with senior management
excessive meddling by UK senior execs results in poor direction, mis-management, and lack of decision making
no promotion potential - Davenport has demonstrated numerous times that they will not promote talented insiders to director-level positions
Pros
good pay and very good benefits
Cons
poor management at director level & above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobham. Our community is ready to answer.