Cobham Employee Reviews in United States

A company with a poor future and no moral compass
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 31, 2016
Poor management, lack of training for all levels of employees, communication is non existent, good engineers are few and far between. A company that only focuses on being awarded contracts to gain trust from its investors without thinking about having to build an actual conforming product. Just an awful place to work no matter what position you hold. If considering applying do your research and don't just let the competitive pay lure you in.
Pros
Cons
Employment for cobham
Liked my work and would still be there if they didn't close facility.
Technical Associate V (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 23, 2016
Work was interesting and challenging . Beside many technical skills acquired . I found that developing a team work philosophy was important in being successful at job. Thought the management that i
worked with was realistic and helpful to me in meeting my job responsibilities. The people i worked with were hard working and goal oriented but were always helpful when dealing with problems that i might have with product . As most people who have to meet a shipping schedule know ,i found that to be the toughest part of the job . Always felt good when i meet those shipping commitments .
Recently sold
Manufacturing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for this employer while in the beginning when it was Aeroflex. The lower level management hasn't changed and they are a fine group. I had great coworkers who I still keep in touch with. Working on the night shift I had little to no contact with engineers, office people and upper level management so I can't really give an impression of them. When the company was Aeroflex there hadn't been any layoffs for at least eight years. Shortly after Cobham purchased the company I was part of a large layoff. My biggest beef, though, is how it was almost impossible to advance. Opportunities for promotion were rare and when there was one there were about fifty people applying for it.
good place to start on aviation
Sheet Metal Mechanic/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 25, 2016
very flexible with new personnel, lets you learn the job on your own pace...
workforce is fun to work with, even thought management was very new with the project i was assigned to work, they were willing to listen and provide us with assistance and help to.
Very proactive and helpful quality control personnel.
Pros
teamwork enviroment
Cons
location on the midwest, very cold....
good conditions to work in
Supervisor/ machine shop (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 21, 2016
Good company to work for,. great people to work with I have bonded with many co-workers over the 20yrs I was employed. I worked on many projects, they built electro-mechanical rotary joints, these are used in radar both private and military applications. I also worked on a unit that is on the Mars Rover
Pros
good benfits
Cons
moved to Exeter N.H.@ that time I took a retirement package
greatest job ever
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJanuary 28, 2016
The people were the most friendly, helpful. nicest people you could ask to work for. Best few months of work I ever had. I worked with a couple of departments. I worked in shipping and receiving and also worked with other departments including I had to laminate and quality control. The hardest part of the job was it being over because everybody was so helpful and nice.
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
it was a short term assignment..Greatest place to work ever
Not implementing correctley
Finance Lead and Procurement (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZMay 2, 2016
Turned off Intercompany when they are a global company and need it. The Project Manager does not know what he is doing. and he has no people skills. The most enjoyable part was working with the users .
Pros
Cons
do not appreciate hard work
Defined my job description and had great management
Engineering Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJanuary 25, 2016
I learned to work with a UK based company and UK management. I spent time at various UK facilities interviewing Engineering VPs regarding Product Development approaches.

I worked with to other senior Engineering Program Managers in the IMO unit to develop a training program for Aeroflex locations as a step in unifying into the Cobham product development framework.

We were at various Aeroflex locations throughout 2015 and to date preforming training sessions with the engineering staffs.

Excellent independent work schedules with no oversight except weekly phone and status via email with IMO Engineering VP.
Pros
Great latitude in developing project/program
Cons
Worked remote and traveled every week to training locations in US
Cobham was one of the most unproffetion companies that I worked for
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2016
Cobham has great products, but the y didn't have the right team at my site togrow the company. I believe they have a long way to go before it gets better.
Pool table and a rest room.
MAF. Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2016
every day i learn a new thing, like be patient whit others,i like to work in group. my co workers are fine, but isnt not a bad time on work its just moments when something dose wrong, and the best part is the comunication and learn more about my co workers.
Pros
lunch per hour
Cons
30min wather breake
Very productive work environment, fun co-workers
Test Technician assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 25, 2015
Being a test technician for Cobham was quite enjoyable and a nice experience. Lots of people to talk to while working not to mention very supportive. The people I worked took time to teach me some techniques to be more efficient at my job.
Pros
Co-workers, Pay, Benefits, Annual Christmas Party
Cons
Requires DOD clearance to do higher tier of work.
Contently Changing day by day work load.
PRODUCTION ASSEMBLER LEVEL 3 (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 21, 2016
Timed and monitored to ensure Quility and Quantity. Im Flexible To work from one cell to another cell. Small to large recieve systems are produced daily.
Great place to work with even better people
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 29, 2016
I was an intern at Cobham and had a fantastic experience. The work was interesting and the people were all fantastic to work with.
Good semiretirement job
cnc machinist (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PANovember 7, 2015
Worked as a temporary employee in the machine shop through an agency. It seemed like a good place to work until they started to advertise for another employee to replace me while I was there.They eventually laid me off after 3 months from lack of work.
Pros
A semiretirement job for sure
Cons
not much overtime
Great Company
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAFebruary 2, 2016
.Great Company. I am writing this sentence so that I meet the minimum word requirement. The same goes for this sentence.
Unstable with no security
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLOctober 19, 2015
Would be cautious to come work there. Company changes direction very often and therefore, layoffs are common. Management is NOT in rythm and strategy is often an after thought.
benefits
Cons
instability, uncertainty
The work and the technology itself was enjoyable.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 16, 2015
Tested or repaired electronic assemblies and products.
I learned how to repair electronic circuits and use high frequency equipment. Management was not to my best understanding where favorites got a way with poor work habits and hard workers could not excel. My coworkes were likable people but in the end if you were not part of the main cliche you were laid off. The most enjoy of my job was the work itself. Testing and repairing intense circuits was a fun challenge and was rewarding when you built it, tested it and repaired it .
Pros
The work
Cons
Job security
Good co workers
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 8, 2015
feast or famine either hunting for to fill 40hr work week or lost of OT if they don't get the OT hrs voluntarily they go to scheduled OT
Pros
benefits co workers
Cons
management not that great
antennas product troubleshoot and testing
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORApril 27, 2015
. Responsible for testing and troubleshooting in all production in assembly and inspected quality levels of production.
. Performs variety of tasks in production environment.
.Ensured customers’ requirements are met to the highest quality.
• ELT Antennas • ELT to NAV Interface
• Programmed PA and DGL-1 • C406 Series ELT
• 121/406 MHz ELT • ME Circuit Boards
80 years
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHJuly 1, 2015
good job security good the pay is on the low scale . They work you like a mule. There is no advancement. They hire poor management.
Most employees they hire have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
close to home
Cons
over worked and under paid

2.3