Cobham Employee Reviews

Good site, bad upper management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 12, 2016
The San Jose site is a good work place to work. The people are friendly and the management is great. The problem is that corporate management is clueless. The San Jose site is one of the few sites that makes money and retains highly skilled people, but all sites are given the same raises of 1% and high performers getting 2% (only 5 to 10% can be listed as high performers). Also the benefits are being cut so that to get basic health benefits will cost over $400 a month, with a $5,000 deductible.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay, Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Worst company I have ever worked for!
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 24, 2017
I was hired as an engineering technician for development of their KC-46 refueling hose reel system. Half the time we were standing around with nothing to do waiting on answers from engineers on issues we had for days at a time. There is so much lack of communication between what goes on with engineering and out on the production floor it's not even funny. Management is so profit driven and money hungry you are expected to be slave driven. A lot of assembly people are expected to work Saturdays and Sundays every week when busy schedules hit. This is definitely not a place I would remotely suggest anyone apply at or work for.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Upper management, lack of communication
Poor management
Technician (Current Employee) –  Orchard park,nyMarch 11, 2017
Company made record amount in profit last year no raise this year.money is about what the area paid people 10years ago.They blame everything on corporate
Pros
Cons
No raise low pay
Recently sold
Manufacturing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for this employer while in the beginning when it was Aeroflex. The lower level management hasn't changed and they are a fine group. I had great coworkers who I still keep in touch with. Working on the night shift I had little to no contact with engineers, office people and upper level management so I can't really give an impression of them. When the company was Aeroflex there hadn't been any layoffs for at least eight years. Shortly after Cobham purchased the company I was part of a large layoff. My biggest beef, though, is how it was almost impossible to advance. Opportunities for promotion were rare and when there was one there were about fifty people applying for it.
enjoy the time together
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 3, 2017
follow the schedule order to be ship on time ,work hard ,arrange the jobs for working keep people busy ,every jobs must be done on time, look for the order in the future prepare the parts ready
Pros
free lunch out side, enjoyed food, fun
Cons
short break relaxing
Great place to work, family environment.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Prescott, AZAugust 29, 2016
I love working for this company. I've had a chance to start as part time & went to full time. Great experience. Looking for a little more.
Pros
family environment
Cons
no raises
A company with a poor future and no moral compass
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 31, 2016
Poor management, lack of training for all levels of employees, communication is non existent, good engineers are few and far between. A company that only focuses on being awarded contracts to gain trust from its investors without thinking about having to build an actual conforming product. Just an awful place to work no matter what position you hold. If considering applying do your research and don't just let the competitive pay lure you in.
Pros
Cons
Employment for cobham
Csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita,ksMarch 13, 2017
Management was ok in the beginning, but if you don't bow down to them then you'll be dead to management. Loved the worked & people...disliked managent.
Pros
Pay, people working with
Good place to work.
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 26, 2016
I would like to work back there. Doing many productions. They managed very poor management. Mismanagement with budget.
Limited communications in teams. Too much time with computer work- BOM, Designs, Blueprints, Database.Waste time with computers.
Pros
Many perks. Every month employee meetings provided with free lunch.
Cons
Productions are unstable.Sometimes very stressfull. Then been fast down.
Liked my work and would still be there if they didn't close facility.
Technical Associate V (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 23, 2016
Work was interesting and challenging . Beside many technical skills acquired . I found that developing a team work philosophy was important in being successful at job. Thought the management that i
worked with was realistic and helpful to me in meeting my job responsibilities. The people i worked with were hard working and goal oriented but were always helpful when dealing with problems that i might have with product . As most people who have to meet a shipping schedule know ,i found that to be the toughest part of the job . Always felt good when i meet those shipping commitments .
Great place to work and loved the jobs I had.
Technical Associate II (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 17, 2017
Good place to work, great people. Fun to go there every day and get the job done. Team atmosphere where everyone helped to get the job done. No micro-managing just do your thing to meet goals.
great place to work
braze technician (Former Employee) –  exeter nhFebruary 26, 2017
the amount of knowledge and skill the staff have at this company is amazing. leading edge equipment and advancing in the feild
good place to start on aviation
Sheet Metal Mechanic/ Lead (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 25, 2016
very flexible with new personnel, lets you learn the job on your own pace...
workforce is fun to work with, even thought management was very new with the project i was assigned to work, they were willing to listen and provide us with assistance and help to.
Very proactive and helpful quality control personnel.
Pros
teamwork enviroment
Cons
location on the midwest, very cold....
Corruption everywhere you look
Cost Estimator II (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 7, 2014
I was lied to in the interview about what the job would require. I was not challenged and requested something more challenging or even the decision making requirements that I was told would be a part of the job in the interview. Management listened to my concerns and was appreciative of my dedication yet nothing was ever done. Others had serious complaints and again, management did nothing. As soon as a concern is raised, a target is now placed on your back and management will make your life miserable.

They have non-compliant charging of actuals to projects, put made up numbers in government proposals to try and cover costs that they have overrun. If you want to sleep at night, this place is not for you!
not good in advancement
Assembler, MIC II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 28, 2013
Work is easy and can learn fast. The management is not fair for evaluating progress for individual skills always has a favoritism when it comes with raise and promotion. So, it's not what you can do and what you know. It's whom you know or if you have a connection, then you can have a fast promotion and the money is good. co-workers are fun to work with. the hardest part of the job is dealing with people that like to turn you down when they think you're a threat to them because your smarter than them, they most likely to get rid of you to keep the're job. Is job security issues. learning new things, exercise and apply it to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not good as a career.
Defined my job description and had great management
Engineering Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansdale, PAJanuary 25, 2016
I learned to work with a UK based company and UK management. I spent time at various UK facilities interviewing Engineering VPs regarding Product Development approaches.

I worked with to other senior Engineering Program Managers in the IMO unit to develop a training program for Aeroflex locations as a step in unifying into the Cobham product development framework.

We were at various Aeroflex locations throughout 2015 and to date preforming training sessions with the engineering staffs.

Excellent independent work schedules with no oversight except weekly phone and status via email with IMO Engineering VP.
Pros
Great latitude in developing project/program
Cons
Worked remote and traveled every week to training locations in US
Friendly environment
R&D Engineer and System Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 9, 2014
- My typical day at work is designing new PCA, harness, cable or release documents for production.
- I have learned how to use new devices all the time, and then I have to integrate to our system.
- I am working in multi-culture environments, but they are very friendly.
- The management is about fair.
- The hardest part is spending too much overtime to complete project on time.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see new product that is launching.
Pros
Great benefits and flexible time
Cons
Too much overtime
Disappointed in senior-level managers
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 6, 2014
continuous high employee turnover (even in a poor economy) due to dis-satisfaction and frustration with senior management
excessive meddling by UK senior execs results in poor direction, mis-management, and lack of decision making
no promotion potential - Davenport has demonstrated numerous times that they will not promote talented insiders to director-level positions
Pros
good pay and very good benefits
Cons
poor management at director level & above
The work and the technology itself was enjoyable.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 16, 2015
Tested or repaired electronic assemblies and products.
I learned how to repair electronic circuits and use high frequency equipment. Management was not to my best understanding where favorites got a way with poor work habits and hard workers could not excel. My coworkes were likable people but in the end if you were not part of the main cliche you were laid off. The most enjoy of my job was the work itself. Testing and repairing intense circuits was a fun challenge and was rewarding when you built it, tested it and repaired it .
Pros
The work
Cons
Job security
Cobham was one of the most unproffetion companies that I worked for
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 15, 2016
Cobham has great products, but the y didn't have the right team at my site togrow the company. I believe they have a long way to go before it gets better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cobham. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4