Coborn's Inc. Employee Reviews

Pharmacy technician
Former Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNOctober 31, 2017
Just a warning to the good people thinking of working for Coborn's. The pharmacy manager at the Pinecone store is crazy! Very mean and difficult to work with. She enjoys throwing co-workers under the bus. It's a revolving door.
Pros
Cons
Only break was unpaid 1/2 hour if you work 6 hours or more.
part-time cashiering position at grocery store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNJuly 11, 2017
I combined this job with another part time job. At the time, since this was a new store, they allowed anyone interested in employment free lunches for coming in to help get the store ready to open. I was on the first crew that worked there.
Pros
flexible, close to home
Cons
had a difficult time getting more hours.
Not good
Baker helper (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 18, 2016
I started in the St. Cloud bakery. I had baked before and was excited to learn more about baking. At first it was OK but then summer came. It was so hot that I just about passed out a couple of times. Other employees were sweating constantly. It was gross. Then I realized that the full time employees could break the rules and management did not seem to care. I asked my manager why and he said that they tolerated it because they could not find any better employees. It was sad to see and I eventually gave my notice and quit.
Pros
Benifits were ok as far as the medical
Cons
Hot, gross, sweat shop.
Avoid working here if you can
Baker (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJuly 10, 2016
I was excited to start working here as a baker but after a short time I could not leave fast enough. Management is completely disconnected. Many of my coworkers were angry at the company and expressed it by calling in sick all the time.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
management is out of touch
Drains you dry, little wages, poor management
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waite Park, MNJune 18, 2016
I worked in bakery for about 7 months before I just couldn't take it anymore. Their pay is pathetic I could earn same money working at Goodwill! There was no room for advancement, was constantly misled that a full time position would be mine. I suffered through Thanksgiving & Christmas holidays working myself ragged even though mgr promised I would get help during these peak months which I never did! I worked by myself during the super busy evening hours. My job duties were constantly expanding (even though I could not get it all done consistently night after night) and my hours to complete the additional tasks were reduced. The new mgr of bakery was never around, always off training or helping out other stores. There was a power struggle evident from the start as to who was in charge, I felt like I had at least 4 diff people trying to be my boss. I was very vocal in my frustrations but it fell on deaf ears, 4 mos later my position STILL has not been filled because of all the reasons I left & no one will put up with as much as I did. Plus mgr already has new job less than year after taking bakery mgr position so the ground still will not be set at bakery dept in store!
Pros
Hard to get fired
Cons
No breaks, bad pay, poor hours, bad mgmt, too many job duties for one person, very cold freezers!
A fun place to work and a great place to shop.
Facility Maintenance Director (Current Employee) –  Elk River MNDecember 5, 2015
The company is a great place to work. The company's vision, mission and values are very strong. Policies and procedures are in line with the organization. I truly enjoy working with my peers as well as the rest of my work group(s). We all share best practices while we continue to learn and improve results in a team environment. The typical day is keeping focused and staying aligned to remain productive by anticipating any potential issues that come up. Lead by example through taking initiative for any and all opportunities by being the first one to step up and act. I most enjoy applying my functional knowledge to stay comprehensive and up to date while quickly and accurately resolving projects/tasks of all sizes in a climate where all co-workers continually strive to do their best.
Pros
commute to work - work environment
Cons
compensation - advancement
Fun work place- management improvement needed.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, MNNovember 4, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Coborns. I was able to learn a lot and had the opportunity to complete managerial tasks. Coworkers were all nice, didn't have a problem with anyone. A lot of whispering/gossiping going on but that's kind of expected in a small town/small business. While department managers did well, the general and assistant manager didn't preform to par. They both didn't have a good understanding/knowledge of all departments and had a hard time following through with things they said they would do. I wasn't impressed by how things were ran or handled.
Pros
Earn 20 points to earn a $20 gift card, company work parties
Fun place to work...not enough hours or benefits...
Cashier @ cashwise Liquor store (Current Employee) –  Williston, N.D.October 17, 2015
I've worked at Cashwise Liquor for a year, I started out almost full time...but not quite, they'll give you just below full time so they don't have to give you health insurance because their cheap. Now I've been there a year, and even turned down better job opportunities because I was staying loyal to them and I liked my job , but they cut everyone's hours. Mine are at 18-24 hrs. Per week. I wish employers actually cared about their employees. Especially long term employees like me... it's sad because I'm making 400$ checks instead of $1,000 like usual, so now I'm struggling and trying to find a different full time job, which makes me very sad because I enjoy my job here. . Not right...
Pros
Fun environment, cool employees & supervisors, fun products
Cons
You only get one 15 min. Break, no benefits, not enough hours, no job advancements
Always stay busy
Dairy Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Stanley, NDSeptember 14, 2015
Good environment to work in. Lots of variety of product and a good selection. Good employees to work through out the store.
Pros
Plenty of work
Great Company
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 10, 2015
The Coborn's Inc. company is all about customer and employee satisfaction. Anything that they can do to help make your experience better, they will strive to do. One of the best companies I have encountered with working around your preferred schedule, which makes it an ideal company for many to work at!
Pros
Great customers and products

Want to know more about Coborn's Inc.?

Ask a question
Good for Part-Time Work
Bagger/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Prague, MNMay 29, 2015
Coborn's is a good company for those that are looking for part-time work. Though there is the risk that one might not get as many hours as one would desire. Management and the job culture are decent enough but there aren't that many opportunities to get a full time employment
Pros
good for those seeking a part-time job
Cons
lack of advancement