COBORN'S Employee Reviews

Great Location
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huron, SDAugust 11, 2017
Due to a summer internship, I was only able to work here for two and half months. Yet, this quickly became the best business I have ever been employed. Admittedly, people are stressed due to there not being enough workers, but they are kind if you are kind.
the hardest part of the job, as with many customer service jobs, is the customers.
overall..not a well managed store
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Croix Falls, WIJuly 22, 2017
I would say the job can be okay, but I am expected to do management's job without compensation. About half of the employees do a decent job, it's just not enough. I have learned that I do not want to be in any food service job because 95% of the people do not appreciate it.
Great place with great people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNJune 7, 2017
When I first started I did not know anybody and by the time I left, I made life long friends. The environment is great and its full of great people who are always willing to help. It is hard to find an employee in a bad mood when they are working. They always know how to brighten your day.
Nice place to work and was treated with respect
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNJune 6, 2017
I worked in the warehouse/distribution center as a picker. I used a picker type forklift to fill grocery store orders to go out on a semi at night. I would get my order list and go through the warehouse to pick different items from the list and would get another list once one order was filled and repeat this until all orders were filled for the night.
Pros
Nice coworkers and flexible schedule while I was going to school.
This place sucks
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delano, MNMay 30, 2017
Don't. Work. Here. They treat their employees like garbage, have horrible management, and are very irresponsible. I had a horrible experience working here.
It's cold
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Belle Plaine, MNMay 25, 2017
I don't get paid enough there to care for a minimum of 150 characters. It is cold. No one cares. I work 8 hours a week with less than minimum wage because technically they are not required to.
Prepare yourself
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MNMay 16, 2017
Not too bad of work environment. But be aware you will have more responsibilities than what is in the job description. Examples are If you close you'll run nightly reports, submit the drug and supply order etc. Pharmacy manager should be involved in scheduling as you'll get scheduled on a 9 to 10 day stretch with 1 day off being a part_time employee. These are true facts as I've experienced.
Pros
Management is ok
Cons
Cut your hours-low pay
Excellent Establishment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNMay 15, 2017
Working as a Coborn's cashier taught me communication skills I never had before. I felt like I fit in well with my coworkers and my manager(s) treated me wonderfully as well. I had many great experiences with the guests and coworkers. I smiled often while working.
My hardest experience while working at Coborn's was answering tough questions the guests had for me, although said questions eventually became resolved. I had more enjoyable experiences than bad experiences, such as greeting many happy guests that were great to assist with.
Pros
friendly faces, great environment, helpful managers and employees
Cons
little benefits, uniforms, hours
fun, community style work place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNApril 28, 2017
it is a typical high school job. If not an athlete that needs a season off be prepared to get lots more shifts. need to be able to not just work when with others but be able to take someone's shift with little notice, because they can repay you for the shift. Managers are nice hard working people who are very reasonable with shift change but are strict when it comes to arrival time and they need be. most enjoyable part of job is running little errands like trash, stocking, or cleaning.
Enjoyed co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mora, MNApril 20, 2017
I learned that I could do cashier work after not having any experience in this area. Co-workers were very helpful and it was a team effort every day.
Fun workplace, lovely company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Zimmerman, MNApril 6, 2017
Coborn's really takes good care of their employees and cares about their guests more than any other grocery store I've ever been to.
A typical day would be arriving on time, greeting customers with a genuine smile and making pleasant small talk, offering assistance and checking out efficiently
it's an okay place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNApril 4, 2017
you stand around helping people get what groceries they need. how to find a counterfeit bill. management doesn't help to get you more hours or days off. hardest part is the horrible shifts and the enjoyable part is meeting people.
Pros
know the prices in advance
Cons
short shifts
fun and friendly
Video Manager (Former Employee) –  Sauk Centre, MNJanuary 28, 2017
Can move your way up fast, enjoyed everyone that worked there very good place to work.. Very nice customers and employees
Coborns Delivery Driver
Home Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MNJanuary 27, 2017
For the most part, being a delivery driver for Coborn's is good. Its a straight forward job with good and bad days. Some heavy lifting, getting lost with bad directions and cranky customers. This service is a good service for those than use it.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Poor Equipment, Cold Weather, Heavy Lifting
Toxic Work Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNJanuary 27, 2017
The management at the Coborn's pharmacy on Pinecone Rd in Sartell is awful. The way she treats employees and customers is absolutely ridiculous. She has zero customer service skills whatsoever and is extremely disrespectful and condescending. To make it worse, HR knows all about her management style and many customer and employee complaints and does nothing. Not only are the management and HR departments crooked, the compensation is the lowest in the area for pharmacy technicians starting at $12.50/hr. They are also very stingy on employee discounts. I would not recommend taking a job with this company, especially not at the Pinecone location in Sartell.
Cons
Management, management, management, and compensation/benefits
I LOVE my job!
CSC Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNDecember 29, 2016
I've worked at Coborn's for 4 years and absolutely love my job. The people I work with are great and management is very supportive of any ideas and suggestions we have to improve the workplace or to improve the service and products we provide to our Guests.
Pros
Flexible work environment and friendly people
Cons
I can't think of any
Friendly place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MNNovember 26, 2016
Job was pretty good. I had help anytime i needed it. Management was nice because they were really understanding and very helpful. A lot of the customers were really friendly to talk with. Working here is fun. hardest part of the job was pushing carts because there are no machines.
The Golden Standard For Retail Kitchens
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Belle Plaine, MNNovember 13, 2016
"H*ll isn't merely paved with good intentions; it's walled and roofed with them. Yes, and furnished too."
- Aldous Huxley, English Writer (1894-1963)
Pros
its a job and that is 100% better than not having a job
Cons
you will die working this job, or you will die trying
Dead end job.
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 23, 2016
I was looking to move up with a company so I gave them a try. I was never late, I never called in sick, I worked just about every weekend and holiday but was still stuck making a very poor wage. I finally realized I was just a number. I tried to speak to HR but they were always too busy. I tried using my employee portal to find out what I needed to do to improve but it was just a waste of time. I feel like I wasted a good part of my life working here. I started to look for another job and was offered over $4.00 per hour more than I made working here, doing pretty much the same thing. Maybe the new company will see my effort.
Pros
Close to my home
Cons
Pay, advancement, Hr, Upper management and overall vibe.
I should have passed on this job
Production (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud Central BakerySeptember 21, 2016
I just recently left after many years with the company. The new CEO is out of touch and HR is almost non-existent. Don't make the same mistake I did. :(
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Everything but the health benefits pretty much sucks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COBORN'S. Our community is ready to answer.