JOB LOCATION: Spokane, WA or Boise, ID (Relocation may be required)
- Minimum of five years commercial experience as roofing foreman or sheet metal foreman, working on metal roof/wall systems, and/or single ply roof systems
- Enjoys and is willing to travel and stay out of town for extended periods of time as the job may require.
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Project Managers, Field Operations Manager
Plan, organize and manage manpower, material and equipment resources at a jobsite to complete the contract requirements of a specific job or portions of a job as efficiently as possible, within Cobra’s quality standards. Responsible for safe work practices at the jobsite and serving as the on-site company representative.
The overall goals and objectives for roofing foreman or sheet metal foreman are to maintain a high level of production, quality workmanship and safety standards through leadership and management of the project assigned them.
The roofing foreman or sheet metal foreman is generally assigned to a project as the on-site supervisor. Assignments are made on several factors such as: size of project, complexity of project, skill and experience of foreman, schedule, etc.
Key Results Expected:
- Complete jobs with maximum cost efficiency.
- Complete job safely (ie. no recordable injuries or violations).
- Build upon and enhance Cobra’s reputation as good people to work with because of the quality of our work and the integrity of our employees.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to preplan and schedule
- Direct, motivate, and discipline field crew personnel to ensure maximum productivity, safety and quality.
- Coordinate safety, tool, material, flashing and equipment orders/mobilization with Shop Manager or Purchasing Manager
- Verify all material deliveries while ensuring accuracy and maintaining consistent inventory levels as required.
- Responsible for submitting weekly paperwork to the office including any safety or accident related documents, change orders, delays, job acceleration, etc.
- Responsible for job site security and implementation of safety program including site specific fall protection.
- Provide training to underclassmen and encourage growth
- Maintain company vehicles and tools assigned in good and safe mechanical condition.
- Must participate in continuing education activities on a regular basis to increase skills.
CHARACTERISTICS FOR SUCCESS:
- Good organizer, detailed, thorough, accurate.
- Skilled and experienced in managing and motivating other people.
- Honest, high integrity, team player.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Committed to producing excellent results.
- Positive and enjoyable personality.
- Projects right image, friendly, fun intelligent.
- Enjoys and is skilled at problem solving.
- Knows and can attract skilled field personnel.