Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated

Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Employee Reviews

Excellent Co, but limited compensation as Part Time
Flex Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Robertsdale, ALMarch 10, 2016
CCBCC is a great company to work for, the main draw back is compensation as a part time employee. I am limited on becoming a full time employee until after my 21st birthday but would like to work full time now.

I enjoy my job & being responsible for several stores on my route & the relationships I have formed with my clients. I enjoy the hours, I work very early in the morning and have my afternoons free.

My supervisor & I have a very good professional relationship and I look up to him as a mentor & he respects my performance and the pride I take in my job.

Summer schedule can be a little hectic, and pulling stock from the back of a container in 100 degree weather can take it's toll, but the majority of the time I am indoors and keeping a fast pace so the day goes by very fast.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Limited to Part Time& benefits unless you are over 21
One of the biggest jokes of a company.
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 28, 2016
I took a promotion to DRD. After receiving my first check fully DRD I realized I took a MAJOR pay cut. $145 a day after 40 hours it's maybe $5 an hour. For twice the work and twice the bs. This company is giving Coca-Cola a very very bad name. Management is very pushy, rude, and completely unsympathetic. I came to coca-cola to retire but instead I took my employment elsewhere. Very very sad. Not to mention the Equipment. Lift gates hanging on my a thin thread. Trucks that have door panels zip tied on. Trucks with huge alignment issues. A maintenance crew who really aren't good for anything. Trucks breaking down on a daily basis. 98%of the equipment would not pass a dot inspection if inspected. Save your time, save your cdl, save your life.
Pros
discounted sales and uniforms
Cons
long hours, large amounts of work for one person.
A Chinese joke!!!
driver (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 15, 2016
A new raise amounted to a pay cut. The incentive bonuses are not paid. Long hours and a sick assembled management view of workers. They are loosing customers to PEPSI every day. I really do not see the environment changing for the better. I would not recommend Coke as a career choice. It is sad but true.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no overtime pay-- routes are getting smaller
Good Company overall
Order Builder (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 23, 2015
The typical day is rather repetitive, and not much changes with your every day workload. You clock, grab an electric pallet jack, and then you start building. I've learned how to operate an electric standing palled jack, and a few things about how a distribution plant such CCBCC operates.It takes a team to work fast paced, and accurately to make the company successful, and to maintain client satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is the constant heavy labor your body has to go through. You lift, twist, pull, push, and load heavy cases of soda for hours each day,and when your shift is under staffed,its easy to become extremely fatigue. The most enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck! Coca-Cola doesn't have an issue paying out for your handwork.
Pros
job security, decent pay
Cons
No benefits, and its hard to get full time status there. Hard labor
Productive & Fast Paced Workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Marmora, NJNovember 20, 2015
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. is a fun productive face paced workplace. A workplace of fast learning multi skills. Only Negative Things about Coca-Cola Bottling Co. its does not match employees pay rate and benefits with the opposing competing companies. Also Job Advancement is not good its very hard and difficult to advance with in the company regardless of the knowledge and expierience you have working for Coca-Cola Bottling Co.
Cons
Wages, Health Benefits, Job Security/Advancement
Great Company
Large Store Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 15, 2016
Great opportunity to grow with. Friendly coworker that's willing to help. Great job. Good benefits, paid for mileage, one of the best companies to work for.
fast pace and challenging
Conventional Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 26, 2015
Great place to work with great co-workers. Management can sometimes be hard to deal with but for the most part are considerate to employee concerns and needs. the soft-drink business is challenging and fast pace so that is the enviroment within the company Great place to work
Pros
great benefits, and great people
Cons
long hours and little help from management HR is Horrible
Fun place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAFebruary 1, 2016
it was a fun place to work and I really enjoyed my time with the company. I would say that only negative is the pay. when you are told that you are great worker and that they want you to say and off you 10 cent raise its laughable
Good Job to keep
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Good company for new class A drivers to gain experience. Great pay increases, and benefits. Okay balance between work and life.
Pros
pay increases, coworkers
Cons
management and seniority scale
terrible you never have help and your supervisor is never around
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 8, 2015
typical workday start about 3 a.m. and depending on if your truck is late or not you will be done in 12hrs if your truck is late about 14, staff is always short-handed. No 401k plan not pension. You have to call your boss every morning just to say hey I'm at work after you have already clocked in. You might have to work an hr away from your house, but your mileage don't start until your on your way to your second store. So you could drive 45miles to work 22mile route . mileage end at your last store.
Pros
your drive your own car and use your own gas
Cons
working every weekend, no help, you don't get paid mileage until you reach your first store
You make you spend more money than you make.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 11, 2016
Communication around the company is horrible, pay is horrible (you are going to spend more money paying your insurance to keep up with their insane insurance policy then you will be compensated), they overwork their employees with little to no time off, there is no such thing as time and a half for overtime, unbelievably sexist towards females, a lot of employees are screwed out of their benefits and consistantly breaks employment laws so the branch manager can get a bigger bonus.. The employee turn over rate is baffling, they use you till your burnt out then they fire you and hire someone new. Females be extra careful there, you get treated like your the dumbest things to walk the planet.
Pros
NOTHING: HORRIBLE COMPANY ALL AROUND
Cons
EVERYTHING: EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY
Great company to explore growth opportunities
Class A CDL Driver Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2016
Overcoming letdowns by avoiding frustration and maintaining an excellent attitude helped me exceed my potential and become a seasoned professional. 10-14 hour days. 48-56 hour weeks for me. Physical, uncomfortable work, requiring the ability to multitask movement with mental stability in order to care for customers' needs while being fatigued. Became fluent with a variety of vendor responsibilities. Gained perspective of inventory sales, shrink, warehouse processes, and management protocols. As a driver, the responsibility of successfully completing the workload will direct effect other employees at CCBCC. Truly an honor being called
"Coca Cola Man".
Pros
Early start time (3-5am), Benefits, Family centered, Good pay, Flexible opportunities
Cons
Equipment/device problems, stress gathering info to resolve abrupt customer issues
Clean work environment.
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 15, 2015
Productive work place with the supportive management. Enjoyed working with the co-workers and serving as a team player. There was room for advancement however little room for error.
Pros
Benefits and salary.
Cons
Sue to contract with other companies, no errors.
If you have no life or family great place to work.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 7, 2016
I gotta say I was all up for it in the beginning. Thought it was the best job ever!! But soon as they let you go out on your own. Everything changes the route becomes harder, check in time with stores takes forever and before you know it its going on 2pm and you only did half your stops your so far behind because you did everything by the book. Then you realize there's no way in the world i can do all this and be done on time it's to much work and not enough pay..well it would be if they didn't cheated you with that Chinese pay after 40 hours lol not even minimum wage smh try $4.90 ..yea i did the math..summer help yea right ..they give that to the ones that doesn't even need it. Now there home at 1:00pm and your still out slaving smh trust me if you thinking about it try somewhere else first. You've been warned! And aint talking about the book lol
Pros
Many many long hours
Cons
Chinese overtime...look it up
Very poor management.
Manufacturing Operator III (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2015
Poor management. Makes promises and does not deliver. Long hours. Worked without days off for long periods. 21 days straight many times. No training criteria.
Pros
Good Pay. Good benifits.
Cons
Management. Training. Work life balance.
NA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
I worked here for several years. The money was decent but worked crazy hours. You never knew what time you were getting off. The Management crew is the worst I ever worked for. They have people in management that don't know what they are doing, very unorganized and they don't know how to communicate. This company also don't take care of their employees. The only way you got a promotion is if they like you and you are willing to suckered up to them. The Rules they had were only for some not all. I have had about three jobs in my life and so far this is by far the worst I have ever worked. I have worked at least 10 to 15 yrs on my previous jobs but, I knew within the first 90 days I wasn't staying here that long.
Pros
Money is decent
Cons
Hours, job advancements and poor management
Great work atmosphere and compensation
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 24, 2015
Learned many accounts payable programs to use with high volume products, Great place to work for compensation and advancement
Pros
great advancement opportunities
New and Exciting Retention Position
Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 27, 2016
Resposible for the development of new retention position in Customer Service. I learned to effectively communicate between the internal departments and upper management to assess and resolve customer complaints within 24 hour guideline set up by upper management for conflict resolution. The most enjoyable part of the job was contacting customers and working with them to resolve their conflicts. The only difficult part of the job was convincing customers to stay with us when in irrate condition but being able to retain them and send complimentary produsst and such was very rewarding.
Pros
The salary and benefits.
Cons
It was short-lived, the job ended once the main issues with Customer Service were resolved.
Coke consolidated
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Morristown,tnJune 14, 2016
I worked at the Coke consolidated branch in Morristown,tn and it is a very bad place the hours are 10 -14 hours and we were supposed to have help through the summer and everyone got help but me,I went out with 550-730 cases with no help,came in almost every morning with a supervisor that had been on the job only 4 months jumping down my throat and that made for a good start on the day right in front of everybody and I was so exhausted from running the route through the week that it took the whole weekend to rest up and if that wasn't enough dm would overload accounts with to much product and I was struggling to find somewhere to put it in the back rooms because it would not fit in the coolers and in the shelves,not a good company to work for at all.
Pros
None at all.
Cons
Chinese overtime pay, old equipment, can't get broken down equipment fixed and very bad management.
Good company overall
Salesman/Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSNovember 16, 2015
Terrible leadership. Only the suck ups get promoted. The union environment only keeps the dead weight employed. No room for advancement for the real workers.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
Terrible leadership

Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Reviews by Location