Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated

Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Employee Reviews

Hard Work
Flex Merchandiser (Current Employee), Mount Airy, NCJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Clear Directives
Cons: Lower pay in some areas of country, More concentration placed on time vs case count than proper working of merchandise ( rotation, organization of back room, clean shelves, high or low product volumes. etc.)
Job Objective clearly stated.....but depending on work ethic of others will determine how hard the job is. Job is finished when route is finished.
fun place to work at while it was still in business
Stocker, Retail Account Rep., order builder (Former Employee), Thibodaux, LAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: company picnics, meeting new people, great benefits
Cons: pay, working holidays and weekends, working excessive hours per week
This job no longer exist in my area. But a typical day at work was busting butt from 5am to between 7-9pm. This job was a beast. Servicing 5-8 stores daily and sometimes doubling back. This was a fast-paced job. I have learned how to communicate and deal with customers on a regular basis (store managers and shoppers). Whatever they wanted, I did anything for them. If I needed a display in the store, they would let me build it anywhere because of how I communicated with them and also because the type of person I was. I am the type of person who gets the job done. No matter how long it took, it got done. Our management was phenomenal, if we was running behind on time or if I had other stores to go service, THEY would come give us/me a hand so we can finish. Management always took care of us and also our co-workers did the same. Always looking out for one another. The hardest part of the job was waiting on orders to arrive at the stores so they can get serviced. The most enjoyable part of the job was company picnics, receiving awards for doing a good job and getting recognized for employee of the month.
Excellent company.. Some of the most dedicated and hard working people are here!
Event Marketing Team Lead (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: traveling, meeting new people, seeing new places, creative freedom, positive team setting
Cons: unknown schedule, non-set hours, lack of communication
An average day is life on the road! A lot of traveling and driving large sized commercial vehicles across the southeastern region of the US. Events are typically long hours, and on the weekends. Event activations in include set up of experiential marketing equipment and product sampling. During our events creating a memorable experience and impression with consumer is the most important aspect of the job. I've learned how to be flexible and deal with different personalities and situations while working under pressure. I've also been empowered to develop my organizational skills and keep a keen attention to detail. Management has been somewhat indirect, and ethics and good judgement has come into play in my role as a team lead. Operating with management has honestly been the most difficult aspect of my job. Also learning the psychology of people, and how operate a successfully with them. My co workers have been my second family! They are fantastic individuals and all bring different strengths to the table. I've done my best to work with the tools I have, and continued to communicate everything as much as possible. This position has made me a stronger person, and I've been able to separate personal from professional. The most enjoyable part of my job has been traveling, meeting new people and seeing new places. Planning, executing, and seeing an activation come to life with a vision is truly rewarding.
Great place to work, fun, and always something different
Account Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great brand, friendly co workers, fun environment.
Cons: No communication, poor management, not enough training.
Extremely busy, no communication, great co workers, meeting new people everyday. Company needs to instill more training for new employees.
Productive and fun environment to work
Inventory Control (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
A typical day at work is very busy but still a fun environment to work in. I have learned how to relate to people more. My co-workers are so much fun to work with.
great job overall
Flex merchandiser (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: good hours. early start usually early finish
Cons: driving your personal vechicle
managers are very flexible, they don't work you to death like pepsi, full time guys are very helpful and professional. positive people all through out the warehouse.
productive and fun place to work
Route Salesman-set (Former Employee), parkersburg,WVJune 20, 2015
Pros: stable work and income
Cons: none
Days were busy and long, however I liked that. A lot of interaction with the public and customers. never seen management. coworkers were very friendly.
Productive and fun place to work
Finance Analyst (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2015
The typical was very busy and productive. I learned on the sales, delivery and merchandise area do for the company. I enjoyed working with my co-workers we where a team.
Great job, require much endurance
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJune 2, 2015
Pros: Freedom and physical work
Cons: Hard work and stressful on the body.
While working at CCBCC I enjoyed it for the most part. There is no boss around you constantly, you (kind of) have the freedom to work at your own pace. You go in at 6 and finish whenever the task are completed. But be warned, you will work very hard. If you are not in shape or have much endurance your first month will suck. The pros are that if you decide to stay, you'll get in good shape. I recommend gloves as well do to the constant moving of boxes. No co-workers other then people at the stores, and the best part for me was the freedom of working how you want (unless the boss checks on you).
Great Benefits/ No work-Home life Balance
Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee), TNMay 31, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Fast paced
Cons: No work/Home balance
I love working or a big company but the demands of the job and the work/Home balance is just not there in this position. The expectations that are laid out at times are unrealistic and unattainable The people and upper management are great but sometimes I feel forget what it is like on "the front line".
Great place to start a career
Logistics Operator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2015
Basic warehouse operations that involved the "picking" of orders to be loaded on trucks and sent to stores. Management was always on top of things and helpful for new hires. A great first job for anybody interested in logistics.
Fun place to work. Great people and great products
District Merchandising Supervisor (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 27, 2015
This industry is an intense, fast paced environment that is exciting to be a part of. Great people at the office and customers out in the field. Creating solid partnerships all around increases all positives.
hard work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2015
coca-cola is not a clean workplace the work is hard the machines are old and hard to run..the pay and benefits where fair.
Amazing place to learn about CPG manufacturing
Operational Excellence Co-op (Former Employee), Niles, ILApril 24, 2015
The plant is one of the most complex in the midwest due to the variety of products it produces. Moreover, the industrial infrastructure in place is pretty advanced which makes working at the plant a very interesting experience. Great people and very interesting work.
Turn and burn mentality
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), N Charleston, SCApril 21, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: personnel turnover
Beverage industry
Most have been there to long
Good people
Frustration from continuous turnover
Never a dull moment
2% driving 48% aggrivation and 50%merchandising
Driver Merchandising (Current Employee), pembroke pinesApril 17, 2015
Pros: you learn how to work under alot or pressure
Cons: you work under alot of pressure
Until management become more organized they will continue to have a high turn over rate.... Document every conversation save every text to your work phone and save every piece of paper you are given and you will be asked to cook your log book (lie about hours of work) don't do it... and you will be placed with a driver to train you who has easy stops so that you will think the job is easy but when are placed on your own route your days will be from 5 in the morning until 8 at night the latest........
would love to work for such a great company that has been establish for so many years.
warehouse worker (Former Employee), lancaster s.c.April 16, 2015
Pros: learnig and advancement
Cons: insurance plans
I think this company is the best and I would be honored to work at coca cola.l would also love to bring what ever kind of experience I can and to furfher advance in my career.
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Trade Promotions Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2015
Great Job Work/Life Balance - ability to work from home, flexible hours and good overall environment. Enjoyable and fun place to work, very involved in the community, stewardship and giving back to local non-profit organizations
Dedicated to success while ensuring utmost integrity
Logistics Manager 2 (Current Employee), St. Albans, WVApril 12, 2015
Pros: relationships, travel, advancement
Cons: organized labor workforce, regional limitations
-Coordination of logistics operations and sales functions to oversee distribution of 1.6M cases annually to central West Virginia.
-Gained a thorough understanding of organized labor environments and how they can be managed to achieve maximum success with minimal resources.
-The collaboration between different departments proves extremely challenging due to different priorities across these separate, but necessary factions. Overcoming these opportunities has been highly rewarding on a personal level.
poor hours
Route Driver (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDApril 11, 2015
hard work and received no help at all with our daily routine. Managers didn't seem to care or trust their employees. There would be days on end where I didn't receive a lunch break because I was on the road