Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated Employee Reviews

This place is horrible seriously
Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 20, 2017
Terrible place to work the managers are very rude they don’t about anything but the numbers your goal to reach is impossible for any human it is very hard work with short break a lot of favoritism and I had a racial experience with them they make all the black ppl do all the hard work and the others watch you Work I wouldn’t recommend this job to a homeless person
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Very very hard work short breaks disrespectful managers
Overall OK
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILOctober 19, 2017
A typical day started at 5 am and I drove route until 6 at night. I would unload by myself. It was exhausting. I tried to get a helper but Coca Cola said no. Pepsi has 2 people. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of fulfillment.
Pros
Good money, nice job
Cons
Long hours, hard work
Do not apply unless you plan on being treated like an animal
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 16, 2017
Horrible place to work. They expect too much from drivers with such little pay. By far one of the worst places i've ever worked for. CCBCC is modern day slavery. Period
turn around
Logistics Operator (Former Employee) –  VAOctober 16, 2017
new manager when i left old red headed step child, our warehouse fell from top ten in the nation to bottom ten and if were unionized some management would be in chambers.
Pros
Cons
everything
great
Account/Business Develpment Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 13, 2017
great place to work. this job has run its course. I love it here but its time to go. I cannot concentrate on my work while I'm worried about my safety
ok place to work
General Labor /Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILOctober 12, 2017
ok place to work good benefits you will get 40hrs plus a week
great team place to work work as a team to get the job done only bad thing is you will have to work weekends and some holidays
Cool Job
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2017
This is a physical job but can be fun at times. Working 10-12 hour days can be long but very rewarding. The pay was ok, the only negative is driving your personal vehicle.
outstanding company
Market Unit Director South Carolina (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 10, 2017
Very solid company and great workplace with a great future possibilities. Outstanding advancement opportunities and company culture. Family oriented and flexible.
Pros
Overall great company
Cons
On-boarding & training
No review
Supervisor/ Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNOctober 9, 2017
I was the 2nd shift production lead. A typical day would consist of me helping anywhere I was needed. There are 5 different machines that would make the line go around and when each person would take a break I would fill in for them so we keep the line running. Also when people were absent I would fill in and do there job. I pretty much just filled in wherever i was needed .
Pros
alot of overtime
Cons
no family time
Poor Work/Life Balance
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Speedway, INOctober 8, 2017
Constant conflict between unionized production team and non-union lab employees. Management in both departments are ineffective, next to no support on off shifts. Constant overtime to support production, which routinely fails to meet production goals. Makes it difficult to maintain a good work/life balance when you're averaging 50 hours every week. Pay gap between employees doing the same job is sizeable, so be prepared to negotiate. Benefits are good and the work in the lab is relatively easy, but the long periods of no work interspersed with intense periods of stress make this place far from ideal.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime pay
Cons
Poor Work/Life Balance, Ineffective Management, Overtime reqiured

Want to know more about Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated?

Ask a question
Productive & can be a fun place to work at times, but unbalanced & stressful as well.
EQS Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2017
Can be fun, very nice break room, etc. w/pool table, tv's, chess board, free sodas, etc, but then they will do things like cut your hours & when you too were hired on at 40 (& the most disrespectful & non-caring) thing to me is they didn't even bother to tell us it was going to be happening?! And...it only happened to the night & weekend shift people, not the first shift people?! Seems very unfair...& looks it looks like to me/us nights & weekend people should maybe deserve a little more money, certainly not less?! Or they will give the whole call center cupcakes in appreciation, but then say they can't afford to let us have 40 hours. Save the cupcake money?
Pros
Free cookies, cupcakes, t-shirts, sodas & lunches on occasion...
Cons
But, then will cut your work hours which equals your pay & with no notice?!
It isnt for everybody
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 5, 2017
This job can be very stressful and tough for some. It takes a toll on your body and may even make you pull your hair out. I don't mind the pay, but you don't get great raises although they claim they are performance based. Management is confusing because you have four. One manages through fear and punishment and the others don't care about anything really. The job itself is self explanatory and if you're someone who doesn't mind putting in the labor and tuning out all the bs people will give, whether it'd be a supervisor or store manager, then you will be fine.
Pros
Pay, benefits, and independence
Cons
Management, culture, and overloading work
Was a ok place to workj
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2017
good people and long hours the pay was decent
id reccomend to a friend
overall coke is a good company but there is room for improvement like any other factory
New Supervisor desperately needed
Delivering and merchandising Coca Cola products (Former Employee) –  Vansant, VAOctober 2, 2017
The job itself wasn't bad at all. Dealing with branch management however was a different story. Constantly had to deal with the supervisor's short comings. The guys running the routes would have to handle all customer relations that the supervisor would normally take care of, ex. closing contracts and filling out RED surveys just to name a few. The supervisor couldn't be bothered by such things because he was too busy having an affair on company time for the past 4 years.
Pros
Customers were great
Cons
work and life balance was excellent
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 2, 2017
Loved working from home and earning paid time-off. Unfortunately the chance of advancing is very minimal. Many times morale was very low due to the lack of support and communication.
Pros
paid time-off
Cons
no career advancement
Fast paced.
WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 1, 2017
The hardest part was the management I was under. They would have you go to the manager's house to either rake leaves, put furniture together, or clean their pool. I don't think it was a wise use of the company's money. The best part was completing your work on time.
n/a
Manger, Production (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 29, 2017
Union Environment Management Experience
Fast Paced Environment
Must be flexible with schedule
Must be flexible on strategy
There is always something new to lean.
Productive and initial fun place to work.
Driver/Sales Representative/merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Blythewood, SCSeptember 28, 2017
Great company, great benefits, not so good atmosphere, based solely on the routing I had, I would still say overall I became more prompt dealing with such a world renowned brand, and extremely demanding customers. Some would argue coke is there medicine, at least one a day. The lingo of sales was put in fruition once I got here. Time=money and you can't get it back.
Pros
Prestige, knowledgeable team, supply and demand
Cons
Hand truck, opportunity to grow
Was great working there
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PASeptember 28, 2017
It was a very fast pace job picking and packing loading and unloading trucks picking and packing stock rapping of pallets and loading them onto trucks
Pros
great work place
Cons
Part time
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 25, 2017
This was a decent job, very fast paced, heavy work load, long hours, red truck, red cans with white embellishment, secret coca cola formula. Hard to replicate.