Coca-Cola Enterprises

Coca-Cola Enterprises Employee Reviews in United States

it was ok
Order Builder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2013
A day at work was to build orders/tickets with voicepick around the warehouse, i learned about pallet jacks voicepick system and the process of distribution.
not much to say about management other than they had very poor organazation skills leadership and decision skills. the hardest part of the job was not having a method in the warehouse or a gameplan, there were too many obstacles we faced daily to get the job done. the most enjoyable part of job was the physical chalenge and the adrenaline of moving at a fast pace... I challenged my self daily to be one of the top order builders in the warehouse!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
schedule/ management
High expectations, low compensation
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Central IllinoisFebruary 20, 2012
They will expect the world from you and even if you do your best to deliver, they will find ways to not give you the raises or benefits you deserve. Also, don't ever expect to get promoted because they always hire in new managers from outside. I had four different bosses and only worked there for three years.
Pros
good exercise
Cons
poor management
The pay is good but that is about all
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 11, 2013
A lot of ideas fell upon deaf ears. Did not offer many advancement opportunities. Grew tired of promises that never went through quickly. If your idea job is to just "work" and not move up or any other position than this job may be for you. Co-workers aren't too dependable but it more falls on the workload being placed on them by management. The hardest part of this job is waking up at 5 for work, but not getting off until 7 or later (at times).
Pros
work pay, discounts off various items, interaction
Cons
often worked 6 days, 13 hour shifts, never got the days off that i was supposed to have.
Awful...DO NOT APPLY!!!!
Merchandiser/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 4, 2013
STAY AWAY!!! This company in Knoxville, TN are liars, I have worked here for over 5 years have been given no opportunity for promotion, you will work different schedule than you are hired for and it changes about once every 6 months with very little notice. The benefits are VERY expensive and are not much at all. They are on the buddy system when it comes to getting a better paying job so unless you kiss alot of butt, dont waste your time even if you are over qualified for the position you are applying for. The equipment is outdated and unsafe also.
Pros
the people
Cons
everything else
Hard physical work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 15, 2012
A typical day at work for Coca-Cola involves waking up early and meeting the big red truck at your first stop, usually the major supermarket in the area. Then you Spend A few hours working amongst the customers, trying to stock the shelf and ensure proper product rotation.

Management was pretty good, My co-workers were fun, and many of them became friends that I value to this day.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that you were given twelve hours worth of work to do, but only allowed to work eight hours a day.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, and fun people.
Cons
never knew which route (area) you would be in from day to day.
Worst job and company
Sales (Former Employee) –  CharlotteFebruary 15, 2013
If you want to be micromanaged, blamed for every mistake ever made, be in a cultlike environment who tells you who to vote for for President then this Job is for you. I broke out in a rash, had trouble sleeping, and my blood pressure went over the roof due to the horrible working conditions of this company. They treat you like you are on top of the world until you start working. After that it is a nightmare. Management is rude, inconstant and never around, then there are the favorites that get away with anything. I have never reviewed a job before but felt the need to do so after such a horrible experience. The job expectations are unrealistic but expected. After talking with HR, I received retribution which is against their policy but that didn't seem to matter .Everybody walks around wondering if today it the day they will get fired. Employees keep boxes under their desks so they can pack up there personal belongings in a moments notice. And forget being promoted unless you are one of the chosen ones or know someone higher up in the company. If you are considering applying or interviewing for a job, RUN, RUN, RUN and keep your sanity and dignity.
Pros
the employees
Cons
benefits are terrible and expensive, workload is impossible unless 50 hours a week, other sales people don't due their job which you get blamed for as well.
Very good company to work for, stable and very fast tracked. Very demanding.
Project Manager Packaging Technology (Current Employee) –  Worked out of home.July 4, 2012
Long hours, but rewarding.
Project management was a new experience and found it very challenging but interesting. Excelled with time and experience.
Management was solid but opinioniated. Good people though.
Great co-workers with a great team enviroment.
Hardest part of job was being away from family.
Most enjoyable part of job was thge rewarding feeling received from the people delt with in the field.
Pros
well compensated for the work.
Cons
too fast paced for my likings. felt rushed and pushed at times.
Productive and efficient company
Lead sales representative (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 8, 2012
Coca-Cola is a good company to work for. Management is the biggest stress causer. Advancement in the company is easy if you are willing to relocate.
Pros
incentives, weekends off, company cell phone.
Cons
constant phone calls even on days off, mileage compensation is less than desirable
Best Job I've ever had
Distribution Route Specialist (Current Employee) –  MOJune 6, 2012
Great company to work for and offer excellent benefits. For the short time I've been employed there I've gone into work everyday excited about my job. From day one everyone has made me feel like I was part of the Coca-Cola family. Super friendly, clean and safe work environment. I couldn't ask for anything more.
Pros
clean well maintained work environment, super friendly, excellent knowledgable management staff
Cons
at times it has it's "crunch time", not many places to go for lunch, (have it delivered or bring in your lunch)
Perfect Job! Totally a 5 Star company all the way.
Customer Service and Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Arden, NCOctober 16, 2013
My favorite job ever! Great Benefits, management and work hours.
I would have never stopped working there but was forced to take early retirement when the company downsized. I liked everything about this job. The people, the customers, the co-workers, everything! They allowed me a flexible schedule which was so great with a family. Good gifts, parties, working environment. I still have many friends that I met while there.
Pros
everything was a pro.
Cons
until the downsizing.
Pretty Good
Campus Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 21, 2013
• Created and implemented an inventory tracking process
• Managed campus promotions through point of sale system
• Monitored and Analyzed sales data to Optimize 60+ on campus vending machines to maximize inventory productivity according planogram
• Merchandised products
• Contributed a young professionals perspective in Campus & Coca-Cola Marketing strategy meetings
• Called on retail accounts off campus on an as needed basis
Pros
friendly executive staff at local dc
Cons
hiring freezes for post graduate work
We worked long hard hours alone.
Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 1, 2012
We had to be at the first store at 6am and worked till all the stores on your route were serviced. I learned how to work with people from both sides of the job to ensure that a good job was being done. I talked to management on the phone everyday and saw someone at least twice a week sometimes more. Most of the co-workers were good people and a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job was the hours and the phiscial nature of the job. The most enjoyable part was the job security.
Pros
union
Cons
union
Pleasant company to work for
CCNA New England Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 26, 2015
Typical Day = give staff daily work, touch base with CCNA (Corp), worked aging rpts, worked w/NE Sales Ctrs to reduce errors

Management = pleasant to work with and for

Co-Workers = worked together and assisted each other

Hardest Part of Job = Did such a good job as what I was doing my position was downsized from FT to PT and I was offered a transfer to any other out of state account (unable to take as was mother of 3 small children)

Most Enjoyable = Was nationally recognized for my work - was one of only eight out of whole country recognized
Pros
loved my work, diversity, and all the different people i worked with
Cons
i did such a great job (as the mgmt put it) i put myself out of a ft position
Pretty well balanced company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 2, 2012
I started out in the warehouse, and the pay and benefits were excellent, but the voice pick systems got to be way too monotonous for me. Management has been awesome at Coke and they really do care about all the employees. A plus is the employee sales that they hold twice monthly. Lots of product for cheap.
On the merchandising side however, I am mostly on my own, but management is still excellent and there is even better pay along with the same benefits.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
can't really say
Good pay but little job security
Night Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 5, 2012
The money and over time are well worth the work but there is no job security what-so-ever. Management like to remind its employees that they are replaceable.
Pros
compensation, benefits
Cons
job security, management
401k and Pension Plan Available!
Finance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2013
There are numerous reasons why Coca-Cola Refreshments is a great company to work for: People, Career Development, Benefits, Competitive Salary
Pros
free six flags tickets yearly
was able to travel and work as much overtime as possible.
Sales, Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Union City, CaliforniaAugust 9, 2012
A typical day at work:
On the road a lot and merchandising the companies product.

What you learned:

My first official opportunity to train, coach, and develop. New employees.

Management:
Very Hands on.

your co workers:

Worked very very hard.

The hardest part of the job:
You can easily have to work 13 hours a day.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Being able to travel.
Pros
made good money & traveled.
Cons
long hours was required.
Demanding production environment that is difficult to maintain a work/life balance.
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2012
A typical day includes long hours and production related stress.
Education provided is often rushed.
Management is typically fair.
The co-workers are the best part. Kind of "we are in this together" attitude.
The hardest part of the job is the never ending change and constant stress.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and staff.
Very confusing and not enough communication
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 24, 2013
There isn't any kind of communication between the employees, and management like there should be. The time you work is very difficult, and the pay isn't that good.
Pros
good benefits
A good stepping stone.
Logistic Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 23, 2013
My job is very laborious. You have to work hard to keep your job and excel. You have to be very outgoing. I learned how to operate a forklift and a vertique style warehouse system. some of my co-workers work harder than others. Getting through really heavy days can be tough but it only makes you better. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we do a great job we are rewarded with food.
Pros
very flexible scheduling. lenient attendance policy.
Cons
no benefits.

Coca-Cola Enterprises Reviews by Location