COCC Employee Reviews

Doesn't Keep Promises
Supervisor/OPS (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTJuly 23, 2017
A typical work day, busy. I learned how to process all back house materials from beginning to transmission. Management was OK, available when needed. Workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job , to lay off staff. The most enjoyable part of the job, the little quirks that were offered to staff.
Pros
Staff given Birthday off with pay
Cons
management had their favorites
A good work-study job
Computer lab attendant (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 26, 2017
This job was given to me through work-study, so I was attending COCC while I was working there. Our manager was really good about making sure that our school didn't conflict with our work schedule, and she made sure that our school schedule was a priority. The work environment is super friendly. The Job is easy but can require a lot waiting.
Great Organization
E-banking Conversion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTApril 11, 2017
I found COCC to be an overall great place to work. Management was part of the team. Outstanding culture everyone was encouraged to move about./workout
Pros
Great Culture, Outstanding team work. everyone goal is whats good for the company as a whole
Cons
No cons for me to report
Cocc
Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTAugust 28, 2016
Outstanding company but the job required more travel than I could handle at the time. Good management and excellent staff.
Math tutor: Great work environment! Wonderful management and plesent atmosphere.
Mathematics tutor (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 8, 2016
Being a math tutor at COCC is a great experience! The hours are flexible, and you get to help people with their education. I have learned to work as a team with the other tutors to make sure the student are taken care of. the hardest part of the job is understanding the individual students educational problems, stress levels, life problems and be able to come at the situation professionally. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to meet other people and help them learn the importance of math.
Pros
Good place to make connections.
Cons
Part time, with no chance of advancment
Excellent Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJuly 29, 2015
Love working at COCC. Positive employee culture, and multifaceted corporate support.

This company actually cares about the employees.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Not many
Great culture, lots of perks, good work/life balance
Communications (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJune 17, 2015
COCC offers lots of fun activities for employees like COCC Trivia, Work Perk Wednesdays, Health & Wellness seminars, flag football league, golf league as well as lots of training/advancement opportunities. Great people, lots of opportunities for team building.
Pros
Corporate culture, employee benefits, training and development, people
Summary
System Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTDecember 10, 2014
I learned a lot on the job, the opportunity to learn different things was always available.
Pros
Good benefits, opportunity to learn, friendly people
Cons
Tense environment, micro managed, very stressful, not flexible, favoritism
file clerk
File Clerk Fall Term (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORDecember 19, 2013
A typical day at work was filing. I learned that filing is harder then it looks. My co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was that it was work study and I did not have much time to devote to learning the system well. The hardest part of the job, there really wasn't one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COCC. Our community is ready to answer.

COCC Reviews by Location