Cochlear Americas

Cochlear Americas Employee Reviews

Invaluable experience
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Englewood, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great teams
Cons: flexible hours
This position allowed me to see healthcare from a DME perspective. It was a company where you felt everyday you were satisfying the needs of the disabled. In a department where knowledgable staff collaborated for a common effort and goal. In all positions there is always some difficulty in being unable to assist a member who didn't qualify for the companies DME products sometimes could be unpleasant.
Successful Company
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Centennial, CODecember 17, 2014
Pros: successful company, exeptional benefits, great opportunities for overtime
Cons: negative and dull work atmosphere, poor training
This is a very successful company as they pretty much own the market. A typical day in the reimbursement department is very busy and fast paced. There's never a time when work is caught up on, which makes the days go buy rather quickly, as there is always a sense of urgency to complete the day's work list.

I learned an immense amount of knowledge about the healthcare industry and dealing with all types of health insurance entities. The healthcare industry is ever changing and there is always knowledge to be gained. This industry is always a learning process, which keeps it somewhat challenging.

Management is very focused on numbers and meetings goals and are not happy when your hard work doesn't translate to successful numbers. It's a very stuffy environment that doesn't encourage morale, or any sort of a social environment. You keep your head down and work, as there is far greater work to be done than they have staff for. Management doesn't lead by example. They are very knowledgeable as to what needs to be done, but do not provide training and leadership. You have to love what you do and be willing to put in the time an effort to produce satisfactory results.

The hardest part of the job is that it is tough to get questions answered and urgent situations attended to. With a small staff compared to the workload, people are for the most part, too busy to address your questions and urgent inquiries. That goes especially for MGMT.

The best part about the job in the reimbursement department is that you have independence. You won't be bothered and feel that you're micromanaged if you are getting your work done. You can do your work the way you want, as long as you are showing productivity accordingly as to how they monitor productivity .
Busy Busy Busy
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee), Centennial, CODecember 16, 2014
The best part of working here was the days went by so fast with all the work that had to be done. Very busy and fast pace. I learned many of my customer service skills at this place.
Great product
Regulatory Operations Specialist II (Former Employee), Centennial, COJune 16, 2014
Pros: good product
Cons: terrible management
Lacking in management, no employee loyalty from management
Rewarding environment with the ability to make a difference
Customer Service/Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Centennial, COMay 10, 2014
Pros: compensation and benefits
Cons: internal software/operating system is outdated
Cochlear is one of the most rewarding companies I have worked for. Every day we help people hear and live their lives to the fullest. Everyone in the company is dedicated to this mission and works together to make positive and influential changes to the way we do business and care for our recipients.
Excitring and Challenging Work Place
Consultant/Hope Specialist (Current Employee), Centennial, COAugust 24, 2013
Innovative company with strong customer focus and regard for employees.
A good company
Customer Service Supervisor/Account Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COJune 21, 2013
A good place to work. A continually growing company with great customer service.
Best job in the world!
Service Technician (Former Employee), Centennial, COMay 8, 2013
Pros: amazing benifits package!
Cons: none.
I loved this company. Cochlear really makes a difference for tens of thousands of recipients. Amazing environment and benifits package.
Decent pay and great parties.
Excellent product, services, but glass ceiling for advancement
Recipient Technical Support (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 24, 2012
Pros: generous in compensation and benefits
Cons: little to no respect for work, life balance or skills for advancement
The company has an incredible product for the hearing impaired and profoundly deaf. Moreover, the company has made significant strides in its marketing, sales, product development and customer service
This company takes a lot of personal time from employees
refuse (Former Employee), Centennial, COMarch 17, 2012
Pros: the product
Cons: almost zero work life balance...massive, constant overtime
A lot of battles between department management which effects employees and work flow. About the only good thing I can say is they have a good product and they have an ice machine.
It was a great experience, productive and it helped me complete the course in medical billing and coding.
extern, insurance claims auditor, processor (Former Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 26, 2011
Pros: extern, educational
I worked for Cochlear as an extern in order to complete the course that I chose to go to school for. I also learned several things that would later help me out in the field chosen. I also would like to be given the chance to further my career in the field of medical billing and coding.