This is a full-time position, M-F from 8:45-5:45 for the approximate hours.
Function: This position is the primary contact for all of our patients. This position will monitor all patients as they come in checking them in and routing them where they need to go within the office.
1. Greeting all patients
2. Verifying all patient information; including insurance information
3. Chart preparation and verification
4. Patient flow
1. Answer phones
2. Take messages/contact lens orders
3. Confirm appointments by phone
4. Appointment statistics
5. Schedule appointments
6. Straighten Lobby
1. Log incoming and outgoing faxes as necessary
2. Authorize insurance as needed
3. Monitor and maintain front desk form and sticker supply
4. Perform any additional duties assigned by the Doctor or Business Office Manager
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills
2. Ability to maintain strong relationships with physicians, employees, and patients is essential.
3. Basic clerical skills i.e. typing, multi-line phone systems, ten-key, etc.
4. Ability to have patient interaction for patients of all ages.
5. Detail oriented with legible handwriting is required.
6. Experience verifying insurance benefits and billing claims preferred.
7. Knowledge of Optometry highly beneficial but not required.
1. Uniform allowance
2. Paid vacation
3. Vision care
4. Bonus opportunities
5. Paid holidays
6. Medical insurance allowance
7. Life insurance provided
Most benefits are available after 6m orientation period.