Cocoon House Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Advocate for Homeless & At-Risk Youth (Current Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 15, 2015
Amazing co-workers and great atmosphere. Since I am very passionate about working with this population I enjoy my job. I think the best part of my job is my involvement with Denney Youth Juvenile Justice Center and the youth incarcerated there. I enjoy the court process and being court support for my youth. The hardest part of my job is making everyone a priority. With 30 youth in my caseload it can, at times, be challenging to make each of them my first priority.
Pros
Mobile Case Managment and Outreach to get out of the office
Cons
Pay
Worked with solid caring staff
Support Staff/Arts & Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 12, 2013
Monitored daily youth activities, learning about the teen culture. Reality about what these kids went through was tough to learn, but was able to enjoy their successes through the program.
Pros
meals were provided
Cons
solid work schedule, took breaks when we could squeez them in
Very understanding and fun team
U-Turn Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Everett WaJuly 29, 2013
I have always felt supported in my position and love the atmospere
Fun work place
Prep-Cook- Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 13, 2013
I liked helping out the cocoon house and becoming the house's cook. I didnt really learn alot consitering I am used to cooking for people alot. The hardest part was trying to keep everyone out of the kitchen when I was cooking, although it was enjoyable making people happy.
Nice workshops for staff on a monthly basis
Residential Worker (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 23, 2012
A number of people I use to work with are nolonger there, however the overnight shift workers are GREAT!!! If management likes YOU, you will be promoted without any problems, if not you will get excuses. Job security is not based on merit, and some of the best workers don't get credit.
Pros
small
Cons
clique
Promote from within, serving all aspects of homelessness
Director of Outreach Programs (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 17, 2012
I have been with the agency nearly 6 years. I have seen transitions within the agency to better serve our agencies mission. Cocoon House does serve truly homeless to at-risk youth and Prevention programs to support families. Cocoon House focuses on our agencies mission to serve vs. that of individual staff driving the direction, because of this Cocoon House provides service to youth on the streets through Street Outreach/Advocates & U-Turn low barrier street level drop-in. Emergency Shelter in 3 areas of our county and Transitional Housing for long term housing. Cocoon House values their staff and prove that by promoting staff from within and consistanly offers room for staff development. The salary scale from front line staff up to the executive levels all falls within the upper levels of standards for this scope of work. Cocoon House is a strong passionate agency that stays mission driven and employee valued.
Pros
mission driven, staff valued and developed
Cons
need for expantion of infrastructure
Missrepresented to the community and its clientele
Teen Advocate (Former Employee)October 12, 2011
This agency claims to be youth driven concentrating on the extremely at risk, but the reality is that their primary clientele are much higher functioning youth. They focus is on grant number rather than the youth. The leadership frowns upon any questioning of decisions made by them. The good thing about the agency is that it tries to keep the staff excited about their jobs by holding a lot of team building workshops and by sending employees to trainings.