Our Company is a specialist supplier of key electronic and other sub-assemblies to the major defense and aerospace companies and other high tech enterprises such as satellite communications organizations. We have had significant success in the past year and have plans and real potential for further growth over the next years. We are seeking someone to help us achieve these very realistic goals.
As an experienced electronics industry New Business Sales Manager, based at the Company’s premises in Salt Lake City, Utah, you will combine your technical and market knowledge, communications expertise and sales skills to help drive the Company into new sales accounts, both with new customers and new areas with existing customers.
Your client interfaces will usually be with technical and commercial staff at all levels. To ensure your clients' and our own Company's needs are met, you will liaise regularly with our sales and technical personnel, as well as colleagues from companies and organizations both locally and globally.
Your day-to-day tasks are likely to involve:
- Analyzing the competitive position and potential opportunity value in certain potential customers.
- Establishing relevant contact points in prospective customers.
- Making contact as appropriate with potential new business customers
- anaging and interpreting potential customer requirements.
- Proposing viable and profitable new business solutions.
- Closing profitable new business opportunities
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and technical experts;
- Travelling throughout the USA to visit potential customers.
- Preparing quotes and negotiating proposal and contract terms.
- Understanding the client’s requirements and passing them onto the Company’s Technical Team.
- Working with colleagues to meet annual sales targets.
- Attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Making commercial presentations to small and large groups as appropriate.
- Networking with other professionals
Hours and Environment
The Company’s hours of work are 9 am to 5.30 Monday to Friday, however you will be expected to work to achieve objectives on behalf of clients and the Company which may involve longer hours from time to time. You will usually split your time between the office and visits to clients and potential clients.
As well as travel to clients’ premises, you may also travel to trade shows and conferences. Some trips abroad are also possible.
Skills and Interests
To be a New Business Sales Manager you will need the following skills or requirements:
- Self-Starter and ability to help increase our presence in the US
- A solid technical background in defense contracting or high tech engineering and software
- Proven Sales experience (Required)
- Sound judgment and good business sense
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and re-prioritize tasks on a daily basis
- Team working ability
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with clients quickly
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Be a US citizen
- A valid passport (or to be obtained within 4 months)
Experience working in an engineering environment is essential, ideally in aerospace or defense. You should be proficient in the MS Office suite of software.
Academically you must have at least a Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of business experience as sales account manager.
Initially, you will be expected to use your experience in your field, develop industry knowledge, and build your reputation with customers and colleagues.
To advance, you must produce results - through expansion of the Business and by contributing to this success. You should be willing to travel regularly within the USA and sometimes abroad. You will also be expected to continually enhance your expertise. Gaining professional qualifications is encouraged.
We offer a salary package will include basic of $85,000 plus on target earning commissions and a benefits package including health, dental, vision life and disability insurance, 401 match, 10 paid holidays, PTO, career advancement, challenging work and opportunity to be part of a growing and profitable company within a small international Group.