Weary from simply executing someone else’s vision? Hungry for the opportunity share your ideas in an open environment and be inspired by the creativity and ingenuity of others? The engineering environment at Code 42 is collaborative space where ideas for product improvements and contributions aren’t just welcomed and encouraged, but expected.
Code 42 makes meaningful software, entrusted with protecting the world’s data. We work on cutting edge technology to handle data and communication from desktops, laptops, and mobile devices from around the globe.
In addition to the contributions you will make to our products, Code 42 is serious about nurturing and contributing to the local technology community. We host and sponsor numerous technology user groups and are actively involved in technology-focused community service.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As an OSX developer you will architect and develop native Mac applications, and provide leadership and platform expertise to the engineering and product development teams. You will also research, champion, and educate the organization on new technologies and methodologies.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Working closely with developers and product managers on the enhancement and development of Code 42 products
- Actively contributing ideas for product improvements and solutions to technology challenges
- Showing a passion for continued learning, staying abreast of new technology and trends
- Delivering clean code supporting consistent user experience and product quality
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Have previous experience leading a team of developers
- Comfortable with Git or Mercurial
- Must be prepared to share example code for apps you have written
- Experience with JSON and making web service calls
- Experience with iOS development is “nice to have”.
- Excellent project management skills; in other words, be self-directed and capable of working effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and the ability to facilitate your own meetings as necessary
- Confident enough to contribute ideas and solutions, but humble and self-assured enough to honor “Best Idea Wins” and support the ideas of others
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program
- LOCAL (Minnesota, twin cities metro area) candidates only
WANT TO IMPRESS US?
Resumes and cover letters are great, but we're much bigger fans of real world examples and work that you may have already done. You will immediately get our attention if you add any of the following to your resume/cover letter when you contact us.
- If you contribute to open source; make sure to include your github/bitbucket profile or google code projects
- Bonus points for telling us what excites you about wanting to work at Code 42