Weary from simply executing someone else’s vision? Hungry for the opportunity share your ideas in an open environment and be inspired by the creativity and ingenuity of others? The engineering environment at Code 42 is collaborative space where ideas for product improvements and contributions aren’t just welcomed and encouraged, but expected.
Code 42 makes meaningful software, entrusted with protecting the world’s data. We work on cutting edge technology to handle data and communication from desktops, laptops, and mobile devices from around the globe.
In addition to the contributions you will make to our products, Code 42 is serious about nurturing and contributing to the local technology community. We host and sponsor numerous technology user groups and are actively involved in technology-focused community service.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As a Sr. Engineer you will work on enhancements and expansion of current products as well as participate in the development of new products and technologies.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Working closely with front-end developers and product managers on the enhancement and development of Code 42 products
- Actively contributing ideas for product improvements and solutions to technology challenges
- Showing a passion for continued learning, staying abreast of new technology and trends
- Delivering clean code supporting consistent user experience and product quality
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of engineering experience on the Microsoft software stack.
- Expert level understanding of C# or C++.
- Experience with design patterns and tools (e.g. MVC, MVVM, Publish/Subscribe.)
- Ability to develop loosely-coupled OO software that is testable.
- Strong understanding of .NET including the CLR, LINQ, and multithreaded programming.
- Familiar with agile development tools including unit test and mock object frameworks.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, and the ability to facilitate your own meetings as necessary.
- Confident enough to contribute ideas and solutions, but humble and self-assured enough to honor “Best Idea Wins” and support the ideas of others.
- Responsible for Code 42 Software's information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Code 42 Software information assets in accordance with the company's information security program
- Experience with WPF and/or Silverlight.
- Experience with git, mercurial, or another DVCS preferred.
- Familiarity with Win32 and tightly integrating applications with Windows.
- Experience in writing communication protocols.
- Experience in writing client-server software.
- B.S. in Software Engineering or Computer Science
Indeed - 23 months ago
Code 42 makes meaningful software, entrusted with protecting the world's data. We work on cutting edge technology to handle data and...